+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 207 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

I think people fail to realize how not Korean this Korean game is.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Is the politic system and that new fifth world or continent they were talking about in KTERA yet? I think the biggest factor in western success or failure will be the amount of content we have at release.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by BGtemp View Post
    @Ambrosia: I won't take the time to list all the things EME claims to have changed/altered/improved upon from K-Tera but I know it’s more than just simple translation and the mild censoring of the Elin. Having been part of previous tests I have seen changes and new things implemented based what I believe partly to be from feedback given. It’s hard for me to say just what the complete working relationship between EME and BHS is because it really sounds like the game was made with a western audience, at least in part, in mind early on in development.

Anyway, I hear a lot of your concerns coming into this game and about its future and I don't think they are entirely unfounded. On a personal note, this is sort of the 1 shot I am taking into the "Korean MMO" market. I have enjoyed Tera immensely and hope to continue to do so. However should it become a massive train wreck you can bet I will not give my time to any sort of branch or remnant of EME or NC West or whatever those people choose to rename themselves again. A lot can be said about the people/company that actually manages a game.

Still, a lot of it comes down to "to each his own". There are a lot of people on these forums who love and still play FFXIV despite it generally be considered a disaster. Those people aren't wrong and as long as the FFXIV servers are up and running they can enjoy their game. I want the same for Tera; for people who enjoy it to play it. Lord knows we have enough MMOs these days to pick from so it’s not like people have just "this or that". I think that in part creates more of a floater gaming base that moves from one MMO to the next sooner than they did like 5+ years ago.

Really good to hear that it is more than just censoring and translations. I did get a chance to play J-TERA during open beta and while I only got to level 25 it was a fun ride the entire time. I understand though that what I experienced was a fraction of what the game has to offer and I am happy some of you guys got to play K-TERA and more importantly be part of the upcoming beta tests to give feedback. That is actually refreshing that some of the changes were made directly due to feedback.

Still a day 1 buy for me and I will preorder when the February announcement for the Collector's Edition comes out. And I am pretty much in agreement with everything else you said, especially the part of: A lot can be said about the people/company that actually manages a game.

*Puts away Elin parachute*

*Puts on adorable High Elf crown and High Elf glasses*

(At least this time around we don't look like stinking Dhalmels)

*Sits*

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by CasualPlayer View Post
    Is the politic system and that new fifth world or continent they were talking about in KTERA yet? I think the biggest factor in western success or failure will be the amount of content we have at release.
    politic system? that's been in for a long time now(since launch?)

last continent isn't in yet, they still have blank regions on the map that they are filling up too

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by CasualPlayer View Post
    I would say it's more so because EME is new and unheard of, rather than the amount of content they push out at launch. I think TERA launched with more content than FFXIV has now, and people stay loyal to FFXIV because they're SE/FF fanboys.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

is BG still gonna have a Tera guild/shell/whatever its called?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

It seems like most of the people that were going to play it originally are still interested, but I'm not sure if it's enough people to do what was wanted to be done 7 months ago, especially with the bomb GW2 is about to drop on us, and school usually ending shortly after it's release(finals and all).

I'll be starting up day 1 and playing hardcore like a slut, running the same guild I had in K-TERA with more than likely most of the same people I ran raids with. PVE unless PVP decides to be worthwhile. Anyone here obviously welcome to join if anything.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

I'll definitely be playing, but my priorities are quite a bit different now than they were a year ago. I want to do the endgame content as I have always done in mmos, but I will be leveling with my gf so no idea when I'll get there, lol.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    I'll definitely be playing, but my priorities are quite a bit different now than they were a year ago. I want to do the endgame content as I have always done in mmos, but I will be leveling with my gf so no idea when I'll get there, lol.
    ball and chain :3

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Not if she plays 100 hrs a week.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by FriskUni View Post
    ball and chain :3
    I've generally left her in the dust to keep up with other friends, but we're sort of on a whole other level now so probably not in my best interest this time around. :X

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Not if she plays 100 hrs a week.
    She actually is a pretty avid gamer, so I don't really expect her to hold me back, but I don't really want to go balls to the wall this time either. Idk, we'll see what happens! Definitely excited to play Tera in english though!

Little Mother
    BG Level

Waiting to see what my friend I'm playing with is going to do. If she plays Priest, then I'll play a Sorcerer. If she ends up not playing, or playing something else, I'm playing a Mystic.

Problem is that she will still be in classes when the game is released so I probably won't know til the last minute or until after launch.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've generally left her in the dust to keep up with other friends, but we're sort of on a whole other level now so probably not in my best interest this time around. :X

She actually is a pretty avid gamer, so I don't really expect her to hold me back, but I don't really want to go balls to the wall this time either. Idk, we'll see what happens! Definitely excited to play Tera in english though!
    I hear you amigo. I'll be playing with my wife, my best friend and his wife. We all love this game but won't be rushing through it. We got time and plenty of things to do while playing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze View Post
    Waiting to see what my friend I'm playing with is going to do. If she plays TERA, I'll play TERA too. If she ends up not playing, I'm still fucking playing TERA.
    Wise choice.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

welp i def wanna play with you guys. at-least i hope yall aint retarded drama queens lol

will be my first MMO that i take seriously outside of a FF-mmo

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    I think people fail to realize how not Korean this Korean game is.
    Tits and lolis, with big weapons and andro men. What else could you put in that isn't Korean? The Zerg? Protoss? That shit was American before it was "Korean". This shit is vintage slant (and I mean that nicely).

For the record, I've been interested and am still interested. I think this would be my "solo" game, with GW2 being my "Campaign GO~!!" game. I feel like melee combat will be superior to GW in this game, and ranged combat being superior to this in GW.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Tits and lolis, with big weapons and andro men. What else could you put in that isn't Korean? The Zerg? Protoss? That shit was American before it was "Korean". This shit is vintage slant (and I mean that nicely).
    Oh, the art style is definitely vintage Korean, but the gameplay and level of polish is decidedly western (imo).

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post

For the record, I've been interested and am still interested. I think this would be my "solo" game, with GW2 being my "Campaign GO~!!" game. I feel like melee combat will be superior to GW in this game, and ranged combat being superior to this in GW.
    You're basing everyone on the way it looks?

And big tits, lolis, and big weapons is everywhere in Asia, not just SK. If the NAs would stop denying it, they'd be all over it too.

I'm definitely playing this on release or early preview if they offer it. I won't be going hardcore until my finals are over the Friday after release. I can't wait.

Thinking of playing a slayer or lancer. Depends on whether I find tanking enjoyable in this game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Can always do what I do--have 1 character that you use exclusively to play with the friend/gf/bf/etc., and then another that you play by yourself whenever said person isn't around.