Page 8 of 207 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Watching videos really makes me want to try this, and I would've already if getting into K-TERA wasn't a hassle.
    If there was an English patch it would be worth it, but not worth it, imo, since there is none and it will be released here relatively soon

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    Ah, definitely doesn't seem bad compared to some other games. I'll probably try and hardcore at least one to 58 as well.

Just wondering, is JP Open Beta starting/started, or does anyone know of a way to get in it?
    That's over. Game comes out on the 29th in Japan.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    That's over. Game comes out on the 29th in Japan.
    THAT tiny weekend run was OB? Thought it was a CB... oh well

TSB

So warriors...

I see it being a hassle to go between dps and tanking end game knowing you would have to change glyphs, crystals, and possibly even gear.

Or am I wrong about this?

Warriors have really been interesting me because I would like to tank and dps but not if I wont have the required items to do both. It seems like it would be easier to stick with one "spec" till end game comes and you get a set for either dps or tanking.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Switching around glyphs can be expensive. It's about 400k each time at 58 and you have to do it at the skill trainer in the cities. Crystals are instant and it's always good to have multiple situation crystals on you anyways. Gear is pretty much meant to cover every pve/pvp aspect. You don't need to carry around multiple pieces like XI days.

I wouldn't suggest rolling Warrior unless you're really passionate about the class. Unless they make some drastic changes to the class by the time the game reaches NA/EU, Lancer is a better and more preferred tank, and an actual designated DPS class would be more desired than Warrior DPS.

TSB

Fair enough.

1 Support Main
    Followed by 1 DPS main..probably slayer...*Drools*

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

How's the economy? Hardcore crafters have any real financial advantage?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Nobody can really comment on the economy atm. It's one of the biggest complaints about K-TERA since its so easy to farm money and things cost hundreds of million of gold. One would assume these issues will be fixed on the western fresh launch where they have a chance to correct these issues and not have 5 minutes-farmable bosses drop 100k+

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I know there's one NA player on my server that's a huge crafter. Not a lot of people are crafting the Lv.58 gear right now for some reason, but I know he walking around with a nice amount of money and can probably afford the higher priced items in the AH with ease, 100M-200M per. Crafting would be smart to invest in though. Money isn't too difficult to make even if you're not crafting. A lot of people get lucky on dungeon drops and sell those. A KR friend of mine made millions buying base gear, luxurying it and selling it. Others who don't craft farm and sell drops, it's very common to have farming groups grinding on BAMS. You get out of it what you put into it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Sure we can. I'll say what no one else says - The economy is fine.

I can grind farm for 12 hrs a day and walk out with 20-30 million. Best axe in the game is about 200 million to cap it. The more you work, the more you get. People cry about 100 million gold items, but those people made it to like level 17, and quit due to massive tears. I can also set up raid nights, and do all 3 dungeons 3 times a week. And walk out with either a really good piece of item, or a few million gold.

As for hardcore crafters, you guys make a killing if you ever get up there. Well, in K-TERA at least. So you bet your ass off I'm capping a craft first chance I get. This is FFXI all over again. If FFXI had BOE, instead of BOP, it would be the same exact ecomonical game. Only difference is you gotta subtract 2 0s here. lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I can grind farm for 12 hrs a day and walk out with 20-30 million. Best axe in the game is about 200 million to cap it.
    For someone that doesn't have a clue what the gear progression in this game is like, that's a bit vague. When you say "best axe in the game," what kind of comparisons are there to make?

90~120 hours of grinding for a single piece of gear doesn't sound fine at all if it's the only reasonable option. On the other hand, if this thing is like ffxi relic weapon tier, that sounds almost too easy. Just curious what kind of options you'd be looking at for significantly less work and how they stack up to that one.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Top tier weapons aren't out yet.

This would be like getting a KC, Speed belt, ETC. Since weapons were 1 tier in FFXI, and usually R/E, I can't make a direct comparison. If you want, this would be like the Death scythe +1/Hagun of 2005/2006.

I used farming just because it's what's part of the game. There's nothing stopping you from gathering, crafting, BGing, raiding, sealing/unsealing, or any other sort of farming.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

When you say your can grind for 12 hours to get 30m. You realize how unrealistic that is for over 70% of the ppl who play mmo's? I'm not saying money is hard to get. I'm saying items going for hundreds of million of gold is highly inflated. If the economy is fixed prices will still remain the same in the long run and you will still be farming the same amount to get the same item (they will just be cheaper). I never said the amount of farming it takes to get an item vs how mcuh it costs is inflated, I'm saying prices are inflated. And one of the large problems is this... Anybody starting out is going to have an extremely hard time establishing anything in the game a month or so after release when a lv 20 item costs an absurd amount of money because alts can afford it and new players can't, Or what if that starter end-game gear that should be moderately priced is extremely inflated which makes it harder for those ppl to attain that gear and thus be able to raid, ect... and farm easier?

But saying stuff is fine because you can sit around all day, every day, and play a mmo is unrealistic

Also, where a handful of ppl don't see a problem and a majority of the korean population does see a problem, a problem does exist. Just because a handful of ppl don't see it, or it doesn't affect them, doesn't mean it's not present

Your looking at stuff from strictly and end game perspective. Unless you want a game to have a super inflated economy one month after release that is gonna force new players to buy gold or stop playing because they can't do anything that requires money, then your looking at a mmo that's gonna have very poor longevity like what is happening in K-TERA

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I'll explain how weapons work in this game, since it's stirring up confusion.

Right now, there are 2 weapons you can buy from the AH. There are open world drops, and there are crafts. They both offer the same base stats, but offer different enchants. So, how does this favor the hardcore crafter? The crafted weapon offers more set bonus stats, as opposed to stats not set in stone.

My axe, for example, is an open world drop. The only way my axe would be good, is if I get 4-5 good additional stats. I have the damage to small +4.5%, damage to large +4.5%, attack while down +5.3%, and 2x 8% attack speeds. I also have a damage to PC +3% on the +9, but I'll take my time to get to that, as it's expensive as shit, and I got 2 characters to work on.

So, my axe is great. It's not the best(by far) but it's nowhere near bad.

The crafted ones already come with a set good stats, and much less random stats, making it a clear winner for casuals, and obviously, it has even better chances to get good bonus stats, since you already got some good ones to begin with.

Cuz of that, crafters make bling. Check these out.

The first one you see is the Killian Axe. Killian is the final boss in Terror Labyrinth, one of the 3 endgame dungeons in TERA.

These are the open world drops. Again, the same base stats, but less set bonuses, so more chances of getting shitty bonus stats.

Notice the difference in price?

As of now, all weapons outside of token and quest weapons are AHable.

Formula kinda applies to armor as well. Accessories is less complicated.

Hope that halps.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    When you say your can grind for 12 hours to get 30m. You realize how unrealistic that is for over 70% of the ppl who play mmo's? I'm not saying money is hard to get. I'm saying items going for hundreds of million of gold is highly inflated.
    Nah, you gotta play the game to realize how it works.

The money, much like the damage, can be reduced to 10%, but that doesn't mean there is an inflation. 150M is like 3M in FFXI. Instead of farming 200k a day, in this game, you can farm 10M a day.

As for your first remark. I stand by the 'you get out of it what you put into it' remark.

In FFXI, the 4.5M Hauby +1 was out of people's reach. People would play 3-4 hrs a day, and would take over a month, just to afford one piece. If they put in 12 hrs of grind farming back then, they would have gotten it in a week.

Same concept. No inflation, just more extreme numbers everywhere.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So TERA hardcore is defined by how much farming you have to do OR by the skill it requires to kill content?

Because how long it takes to farm to acquire X item doesn't equal hardcore.. just means others have more time then some to acquire select items faster. And farming items in XI didn't equal hardcore to me. Farming is easy, anybody can do it and there are numerous ways to farm for money. Hardcore in XI was Dynamis (back in the day and clearing it), Sea, Camping NM's/Kings

When you said no NA had cleared that one instance.. that was what I considered Hardcore, or camping the group NM's

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Define hardcore in any game. As far as I know, it's how much time you can put into a game, to be able to kill said boss.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Define hardcore in any game. As far as I know, it's how much time you can put into a game, to be able to kill said boss.
    Hardcore has always meant hard content to me. Hardcore has never meant farming since... well.. anybody can do that and fuck.. you can buy gold to get items faster. Am i hardcore just because I buy all my gold and can get that item you farmed for a week in 1hr? I guess I may look hardcore to everyone who looks at my gear, by I surely won't be hardcore by those standards.

But, now, wearing that elite item thats from a super hard instance, now thats hardcore

P.S: I'm throwing out examples

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quest items throughout leveling are better than anything you can get til about mid-game(40+), where the prices are fairly low, so I guess that rules out your starter gear prices possibly being inflated argument.

As for starter endgame gear. The craft is fairly low, with lower level mats, since it's used as a mat to enchant higher tier armor, so that armor is fairly cheap as well.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Hardcore has always meant hard content to me. Hardcore has never meant farming since... well.. anybody can do that and fuck.. you can buy gold to get items faster. Am i hardcore just because I buy all my gold and can get that item you farmed for a week in 1hr? I guess I may look hardcore to everyone who looks at my gear, by I surely won't be hardcore by those standards.

But, now, wearing that elite item thats from a super hard instance, now thats hardcore

P.S: I'm throwing out examples
    But the game is hard, and not all gear is buyable. lol

My previous posts were about farming, and AHable gear.

Edit: I know what you mean by elite gear. Luckily, the drop rate is bad enough to not see much of that gear in the AH to begin with. Takes rather long to gear yourself as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 207 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast