+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 207 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

New class announced for 2012 also. No word on that yet. Hoping it's an advancement system TBH. As long as they keep core classes balanced, I love advanced classes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    1-58. Don't log out and don't leave my party. MAP'D.
    How long would this actually take hour-wise? lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level

About 250-300 hrs.

I'm actually looking to make 2 58s in 6-8 weeks, and casual the shit out of the other 6 classes. I'll hardcore it up even more if necessary, but that depends on my entire PT.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

How does healing work in this game? Is it like XI where you target a player (either by clicking or F#) and press the skill? Or can you set up macros with a mouse-over modifier like WoW?

I am extremely interested in this game and I would love to join you guys. Nice to know that you guys will be accepting casuals. :D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    How does healing work in this game? Is it like XI where you target a player (either by clicking or F#) and press the skill? Or can you set up macros with a mouse-over modifier like WoW?

I am extremely interested in this game and I would love to join you guys. Nice to know that you guys will be accepting casuals. :D
    target heals are, hit skill hotkey > players are blue, light up green when they're 'locked' on by the heal > hit skill hotkey again for the cure to go off
    you can be in the lock on state for as long as you like, if people run out of range though you lose the lock on, on them... and with glyphs you can target upto 3 people to 'lock on' at a time (for priest)
    other cures are regen winds/throw downs, those are in the direction you're facing

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Nothing informative, but I happened to pass by the official forums and saw this post, more funny than the usual stuff you'd find there.

Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by Redangel
    Mayday! Mayday! Tower this is Tera flight 2011 inbound to N/A! We are coming in for a crash landing!

Tower: We read you loud and clear 2011. Whats seems to be the problem with your aircraft?

Tera flight 2011: We are experiencing an engine failure on two of our four main engines. Also we are seeing that our combat and pvp system isn't going to get us all the way there. There is also some damage to the wing.

Tower: Tera flight 2011 we are opening up a runway for you on N/A 02-12.

Tera flight 2011: We aren't going to make it our pvp engine just caught fire and engine three is leaking endgame.

Tower: Copy that. Is your political engine still in tact? Runway 02-12 or 04-12 is much safer. Runway 11-11 is too far for you to make it there safely.

Tera flight 2011: We just don't have the info at this time. But we will let you know soon.

Tower: Huh? your this close to landing and you don't have any info?

Tera flight 2011: We got to test it first before we can let you know.

Tower: We kinda need that info to help you land your gamers safely.

Tera flight 2011: We are losing altitude. Oh yeah we have the rights to change it. Its not like its set in stone or anything.

Tower: What are you talking about this doesn't make sense at all. Runway 04-12 has been opened for you. Its your best bet.

Tera flight 2011: No we are still on course for N/A runway 11-11.

Tower: But you don't understand you'll never make it there if you keep your current heading. Your going to kill all those gamers on board.

Tera flight 2011: But we talked it out with the gamers and this is what they want.

Tera Flight 2011: We just started smelling trolls in the cabin.

Tera Flight 2011: It appears we have Elin terrorists on board. They took out the pegasus marshal. But they wont get past the reinforced cockpit doors from the cabin without a key. That is unless they did their atunement quest first.

Tower: Patch me to Vetland Security.

Tera flight 2011: We demand reparations for the atrocities to our people.

Vetland security: We don't deal well with terrorists.

Tera Flight 2011: We demand our underwear back.

Vetland Security: Scramble the focus testers.

Tower: Tera flight 2011 do you copy?

Tera flight 2011: Hello is anyone there?

Tower: Whom am i speaking to?

Tera flight 2011: We put down the Elins. they did their attunement quest and had a key to the cockpit. A templar pulled them out. We chain knocked them down and put skirts over their heads. For some reason they kept trying to give us tokens.

Tower: What is your random number generator reading?

Tera flight 2011: I don't think they designed the controls right were going down.

Tera flight 2011: ......Ju.t.....ne.....to............this.......... we...........obt.....oon.

Tower: Tera flight 2011 can you copy we just lost you on our radar.

Wow flight 209: What the hell is going on up here I've been watching plane after plane crash ever since i took flight.

Tower: Copy that Wow flight 209 this is what happens when the koreans try to reverse engineer your company.

Tower: We are going to need some emergency personnel we have lost radar contact with Tera flight 2011 inbound to N/A.

TSB

Quote Originally Posted by Naito View Post
    Nothing informative, but I happened to pass by the official forums and saw this post, more funny than the usual stuff you'd find there.
    I stumbled onto that and lol'd irl.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by FriskUni View Post
    target heals are, hit skill hotkey > players are blue, light up green when they're 'locked' on by the heal > hit skill hotkey again for the cure to go off
    you can be in the lock on state for as long as you like, if people run out of range though you lose the lock on, on them... and with glyphs you can target upto 3 people to 'lock on' at a time (for priest)
    other cures are regen winds/throw downs, those are in the direction you're facing
    That's cool. It's kinda like XI's sub-target. I used to hit the macro for my cure with a <stpc> and just idle with the target on a friendly. I like.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Only downside is; it sounds like playing healer requires a good computer, as I can imagine the targeting system sucks during lag, as you can't just "F1" or something similar to target the person you want to heal, right?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    That's cool. It's kinda like XI's sub-target. I used to hit the macro for my cure with a <stpc> and just idle with the target on a friendly. I like.
    to be honest I don't sit there idle with lock on much, It's great just I'm usually doing other things, because almost everything in TERA is low cooldown/low duration, so you're kept pretty busy (keeping haste skill up/damage shield/watching for knockdowns to use remove knockdown skill) as well as just watching mob behavior in general to remove debuffs (which unlike most games, isnt a headache in tera, 15meter~ aoe circle erase that removes every debuff on every person in the circle :3 oh and it's on a 3second cooldown)

having said that, locking on targets doesn't stop you from casting other spells, you can lock on players for cure then you can hit cure self/erase etc and not have to cancel your skill/target like in FF, you just have to reselect your cure lock ons again when you hit your cure skill, oh and cures here are instant cast

some random info, currently with near perfect healing gear on priest you can net about
    ~3500hp/1sec ~6sec duration healing winds
    ~25,000hp 7metre circle throw downs
    ~15,000hp cure other (~3 target)
    ~23,000 self heal

you can also get more depending on what gear the player has, some bodies have +8.6%*2 healing received on them (some goto 10%+*2(?)) and earrings add 4.3% each the same way, aaaand just to give you an idea average 58 player has about 50k~60k HP

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Naito View Post
    Amazing.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Only downside is; it sounds like playing healer requires a good computer, as I can imagine the targeting system sucks during lag, as you can't just "F1" or something similar to target the person you want to heal, right?
    I actually had this problem today lol, usually my pc runs fine 95% of the time with fps, in one of the new dungeons though when it gets thick on mobs and fps drop, it's def hard to aim cures
    fortunately it's usually fine on bosses, it's just the 100 mob clusters prior to that can suck at times, also depends on how thick the mobs are in the area/how much detail the dungeon has

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

You can watch nalfen's run of Terror Lab and Black Tower on his YT channel. Warriors wannabe should check his videos.
    Here is the vid of BT last boss.

Watching videos really makes me want to try this, and I would've already if getting into K-TERA wasn't a hassle.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Watching videos really makes me want to try this, and I would've already if getting into K-TERA wasn't a hassle.
    I do think I can safely say that most of us are of the same opinion (especially regarding the language). The waiting is sort of killing some people.
    I could give a shot with J-TERA OB; you know, I'd be happy by just trying character creation.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Any reports back on what it takes to run 100% max graphics on 1980/2560 res?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    todays standards, probably anything around $1,000 can do 1980 at max
    mine's 2 years old(i7 2.67ghz, radeon hd4890, 6gb ram) I get 30~50fps (except AH) running everything at max (game/CCC) except AA at x2 at 1980 res

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    My rig was built back in Dec 09: i7 2.6, 6gb ram and GeForce GTX 275; the game runs really well on 1920x1080. As you may know, Tera runs on a modified Unreal3 engine and there are a lot of different graphic options and settings you can tweak.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

If you're not in the 2600klub, you might as well not purchase this game. All the loot belongs to us.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    About 250-300 hrs.

I'm actually looking to make 2 58s in 6-8 weeks, and casual the shit out of the other 6 classes. I'll hardcore it up even more if necessary, but that depends on my entire PT.
    Ah, definitely doesn't seem bad compared to some other games. I'll probably try and hardcore at least one to 58 as well.

Just wondering, is JP Open Beta starting/started, or does anyone know of a way to get in it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 207 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast