Was just a joke people lol

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    I just hope they don't except us to dl 40gb in one day for the game. Not everyone can have fiber optic.
    I think the game is supposed to come with most of the current KR patches EME has said. Hopefully on Disc, lol.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I like the way they've set up server vs server raids. There's another game that has that, no? Where you can enter a separate server to PK everyone?

The difference is that they've made it so that there's a "middle ground" instance where 4 servers fight, and when entering a separate server you collect "dream shard", and four servers with about the same amount of dream shards get teamed up agaisnt each other. Sounds really awesome, I'm sure I'll spend a lot of time doing that

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Lets make BG the official forum when our guild is #1 :D
    people keep getting ahead of themselves. Should just take it as it goes

We might pick a server that is gonna have us competing against the elite of the elite guild. just saying. Usually backfires when ppl have the highest and best expectations set before a game has even launched

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    We might pick a server that is gonna have us competing against the elite of the elite guild.
    We (you) have Foxer, leader of Empress =P

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

Are you going to have any casual/endgame members? I play rift and I am in a social guild that raids 3-4 times a week. I would like to come over and try this game and would like to be around people "in the know." I have a couple friends that would like to come over too, but we want a guild to be able to enjoy the game with and not have to be forced to do endgame raids and such every night, as well as not wanting to rush to level cap. Looking forward to hopefully joining you guys in OB/Release!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Neoscrilla View Post
    Are you going to have any casual/endgame members? I play rift and I am in a social guild that raids 3-4 times a week. I would like to come over and try this game and would like to be around people "in the know." I have a couple friends that would like to come over too, but we want a guild to be able to enjoy the game with and not have to be forced to do endgame raids and such every night, as well as not wanting to rush to level cap. Looking forward to hopefully joining you guys in OB/Release!
    Absolutely.

We are discussing it now in the leader forums, but I can tell now that we will be catering towards both the casual/forum players, and the hardcore players. The game does an incredible job at rewarding who puts in the most time and effort, so where you fall under is completely up to you. No reason not to cover all aspects of the game though.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have kept hearing about this game via e3 and friends. I've tossed my name into the hat for the beta and all that. If I get selected can I hop in with you guys? I'm not the most hardcore of players but I'd like to have a solid set of people to play with.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

All BGers and Empress members who are actually going to play the game have free passes, no questions.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Any updates yet on the PVP servers dropping the open world challenge delay bs? Perhaps keeping only the pk token charge for ganking lowbies?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Guessing the servers will be language specific? So no mix of Korean/JP/English/etc speakers like what FFXI had?

Is there any way to customize the abilities that your class gets? Like if you're a 58 Warrior, do you have access to every ability in the class? Or is there a set number of "points" to spend to limit which you can use?

Can classes fill out multiple roles? Just using RIFT as an example, but Rogues can be a variety of different types of DPS, can tank, and can be a support-Bard with shitty AoE healing. Is that type of flexibility around with the classes on TERA? That's one of the main aspects that I look for now in MMO's; that I don't HAVE to level a bunch of new characters to fulfill multiple roles in a PvP/PvE setting. FFXI had it so you could level every job, RIFT has it so every class has multiple sub-roles/classes that can do certain things. I want my character to be multidimensional rather than stuck to being only a healer/dps/tank/support/etc.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Uses the holy trinity system, a la FFXI. Warrior can play the DPS or Tank roll here, but every other class is straight forward, with all of them having good solo compatibility. All classes can use all of their abilities, with no global cooldowns. The glyphing system works with points gained through leveling though.

And yeah, servers will be region specific, with no lock on EU/NA. China, Japan, and Korea will be locked I believe.

TSB

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    Guessing the servers will be language specific? So no mix of Korean/JP/English/etc speakers like what FFXI had?

Is there any way to customize the abilities that your class gets? Like if you're a 58 Warrior, do you have access to every ability in the class? Or is there a set number of "points" to spend to limit which you can use?

Can classes fill out multiple roles? Just using RIFT as an example, but Rogues can be a variety of different types of DPS, can tank, and can be a support-Bard with shitty AoE healing. Is that type of flexibility around with the classes on TERA? That's one of the main aspects that I look for now in MMO's; that I don't HAVE to level a bunch of new characters to fulfill multiple roles in a PvP/PvE setting. FFXI had it so you could level every job, RIFT has it so every class has multiple sub-roles/classes that can do certain things. I want my character to be multidimensional rather than stuck to being only a healer/dps/tank/support/etc.
    1. Correct, no mix of languages.
    2. You have access to every ability that your class can get. The way you customize your class is by glyphing certain skills. Certain glyphs reduce CD's of skills, mp cost, increase damage, etc..
    3. This isn't Rift, so no.
    **Tank Classes- Lancer, Warrior (Hybrid tank/DPS)
    **Healer/Support Classes- Priest, Mystic
    **DPS Classes- Slayer, Berserker, Archer, Sorcerer,

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
    Certain glyphs reduce CD's of skills, mp cost, increase damage, etc..
    Here is a list of glyphs. You can also play with the character builder.

TSB

Quote Originally Posted by Naito View Post
    Here is a list of glyphs. You can also play with the character builder.
    Thanks .
    I was going to include that but I couldn't remember the url.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
    Thanks .
    I was going to include that but I couldn't remember the url.
    You're welcome. I posted some useful stuff on the EU thread; might be more useful to link that stuff over here.

TSB

Quote Originally Posted by Naito View Post
    You're welcome. I posted some useful stuff on the EU thread; might be more useful to link that stuff over here.
    It's most likely more useful anywhere but the official forums, because useful threads are just covered by the rage ones.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Absolutely.

We are discussing it now in the leader forums, but I can tell now that we will be catering towards both the casual/forum players, and the hardcore players. The game does an incredible job at rewarding who puts in the most time and effort, so where you fall under is completely up to you. No reason not to cover all aspects of the game though.
    Thank you very much Foxer. I hope to join you guys soon!

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I almost assuredly wont have the time to be hardcore so Ill be sitting in the middle ground with a lot of other people, my primary job will be to make sure the hardcore dont turn into giant asshats and screw with the younglings and visa versca

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Also remember that this is just the start of Tera and all though character classes are not multidimensional i think the capability is there. I played lineage 2 for years and as the game progressed you had noticed the sublclas system being developed also that leveling those subclasses linked abilities to your main character to make them more powerful in olympiad/pvp/pve all around. I can see something like that happening with Tera. As there are only a few classes to choose from I think the developers will see as the game progresses they will need to add new character type roles to keep people interested. Its a reason to start over but not to completely. Just an opinion though. They seem to have done everything else right up to this point but again i cant read korean and am only going off what i have played this far. It will be interesting to see where they take it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast