+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

EU TERA Online – May 3, 2012

Greetings, this is Naito.
    Seeing some euro folks on the boards I asked Foxer if we, players of the old continent, could have our own thread.

This is not EU-TERA BG guild thread yet, this mostly serves to check and gather people who will likely play
    the game on EU server and discuss our stuff in a dedicated section.

At the moment, we have 5 announced people that will play on EU servers:
    Naito, Trocian, Jojimbo, Fallyn, Uzor

Who's going to publish TERA in Europe?
    Frogster Interactive Pictures will handle the game in Europe.
    This is source of skepticism, to say the least, regarding the experience that the game will offer in Europe.
    Frogster doesn't have a good reputation amongst gamers: some of the complaints are GMs that do nothing,
    forums where everything gets censored, lack of communication, sucky client download and patcher, etc.
    Some months ago, Frogster EU got hacked by a raged gamer; luckily, accounts and passwords weren't released.
    It shows how bad things are over at Frogster.

What about the EU guild?
    I'll also take note of the afficionados that will probably join the future EU-TERA BG's guild.
    Note that it won't actually be an "official" BG guild, since it will gather people from different places, boards, etc.
    You could say it's open and can spread the word. If you'd like to join, let it know.

What about guild's name?
    For coherence's sake, it will probably share the name of NA-TERA guild. You could say it's the EU branch.
    Check the voting poll that's in progress over here.
    Of course it's not imperative to use the same one, but at the moment there aren't valid arguments
    to choose another one.

Who's going to lead the guild?
    We will need a gentleman that will take leadership duty for the future guild.
    Fact is, I don't have any experience with TERA; as I see it, it should be someone already accustomed
    with the game and its dynamics to better guide the whole organisation with success.
    I'll help with everything else for the time being.

But I want to play with Foxer!
    Bear in mind that NA servers won't have ip blocking so it's possible to enjoy TERA hunting Foxer character's bum.
    You'll probably have ping issues and with TERA it could get critical, but time zone will probably be your worst foe.

I have questions about TERA
    If you have any questions regarding TERA, you better shoot it in the general discussion thread but you can also
    ask it here – someone will certainly answer it for you.

Enjoy your stay.

Useful links
    TERA Europe official site
    TERA EU Twitter

TERA System requirements, beta sign up, misc info by BGtemp
    TERA Armor Gallery
    TERA Racial Skills
    TERA Character Builder by Nightside
    TERA Glyph List
    TERA Crystal System

Foxer YT channel
    steparu YT channel
    nalfen YT channel (recommended for warriors wannabe)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I'll start first then, I heard bad things regarding Frogster - could someone shed some light about it?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Naito View Post
    I'll start first then, I heard bad things regarding Frogster - could someone shed some light about it?
    Well the EU side of Frogster was hacked months ago with accounts taken from Runes of Magic. I don't believe the accounts & pws were released. And their CEO resigned back in January.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Well the EU side of Frogster was hacked months ago with accounts taken from Runes of Magic. I don't believe the accounts & pws were released. And their CEO resigned back in January.
    Looks like the hacker was really annoyed, to say the least, about Frogster's policy on the forums and communications.
    Adding to that, this is their first big game. I kind of get the skepticism.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

GMs that do nothing, forums where everything gets censored, lack of communication, sucky client download + patcher etc. Those are some of the complaints.

And somewhere this year they sued elitepvpers.com and wanted them to shut down their RoM forum section.

And I believe Frogster is owned by Gameforge, who are rumored to have partnered with goldselling sites.

I don't know what's true and what not, but I've got a pretty clear idea that it isn't run by gamers like us, or people who are in it for the fans or the community. It's just run by cold business people who want $$$. All in all, not really the best people to run your MMO, I guess...

This is what they've promised so far:
    http://www.tera-online.com/forums/sh...10&postcount=1
    http://www.tera-online.com/forums/sh...&postcount=396

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I will be playing. I'm not sure what class though, but I've been healer in almost every game I've ever played, so yeah

lol, did Naito get banned for spamming?

OT: I'd say if anyone was planning on playing EU, to try NA first and see how it goes

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post

OT: I'd say if anyone was planning on playing EU, to try NA first and see how it goes
    May I ask why? I was planning on trying the beta out first - but I've yet to get an invite

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    It's temporary, because of a Rickroll attempt at Foxer in the general discussion thread.
    Didn't think they were so strict, would barely call it a troll attempt.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

[EDIT]: Durr. Nevermind.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    I will be playing. I'm not sure what class though, but I've been healer in almost every game I've ever played, so yeah
    Nice Uzor, healers are always welcomed – have you already made up your mind between Priest and Mystic?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Naw, that's what I was planning on playing the beta for. See hwich one is mosre fun/capable.

What's the difference between Mystic and Priest healer-wise?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Unfortunately I haven't played the game myself, but Foxer wrote this post on the old thread and might help you.

priest pros
    - alot of buffs (including 5%haste/dmg+ 15second buff on 30second cooldown)
    - variety of cures
    - large aoe erase with 3second cooldown(don't need to target) 20second duration sleep with 30second cooldown(glyph to 26sec)
    - remove hate spell

priest cons
    - no teleport(not really needed, but mystic and sorc have this,
    so where's mine!? - though this might be OP on a priest :3)

mystic pros
    - aoe dmg to MP skill that can give MP to the party
    - MP/HP orbs
    - teleport(~15m in facing direction)
    - MP regen buff
    - critical hit buff
    - buff that auto resurrects anyone that died when it's up
    - single target stun spell
    - aoe(?) sleep

mystic cons
    - no self cure (have to eat orb/pop healer pet)
    - no self erase (have to pop healer pet)
    - pets are shit and last 10~20seconds tops, except the tank pet which sucks anyway

I think priest has better survivability than mystic, but mystic has better CC, having said that, a priest can kite a ton of mobs all day long with +run speed

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So from the sound of it, Priest is a better PVP class due to self-heal?

Iunno, I'll have to try both of them out I'll probably end up going Priest, though. Sounds like Mystic is more like RDM whereas Priest is more like WHM.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

So from the sound of it, Priest is a better PVP class due to self-heal?

Iunno, I'll have to try both of them out I'll probably end up going Priest, though. Sounds like Mystic is more like RDM whereas Priest is more like WHM.
    Will have to wait for beta, if you're impatient you could try to sneak in the J-TERA OB if there will be one in the coming weeks.
    As far as I know, Mystic has worst dps and hard time soloing – maybe someone can confirm this.

As for mysel, I'll roll Slayer. I want to backstab with a 2handed sword with +55%atkspd.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

It was me that wrote that up, not foxer and personally I prefer priest over mystic, granted I've only played mystic until 20

I don't really have a single problem with how they've done priest, mystic is a good class, has good buffs/cc, no self cure/self erase(except pet) put me off
    and half the class (pets) suck atm, and they need to be tweaked

PvP I can't comment on since I don't do it, either way though, priest can't cure either when everyone rushes the mage first :3

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'll probably roll a Popori priest, then. Poporis are just too damned cute.

How are races, btw? Do tey have racial abilities and racial stats that benefit one job ove ranother? I know it was partly mentioned earlier in this thread - but it was also mentioned that one of them benefit slayer more due to the +1% crit rate from behind.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I'll probably roll a Popori priest, then. Poporis are just too damned cute.

How are races, btw? Do tey have racial abilities and racial stats that benefit one job ove ranother? I know it was partly mentioned earlier in this thread - but it was also mentioned that one of them benefit slayer more due to the +1% crit rate from behind.
    You can check racial skills here.
    Castanics have +1% crit rate when attacking from the back, they make ideal dps but, as Cloudious told me, no one give 2 shit about what race you're playing.

Popori have
    Friend of Nature resistance to monster attacks for 3 minutes. Effect will be removed if the user enters combat (30 minute cooldown)
    Fun of Travelling will increase your movement speed for 3 minutes (30 minute cooldown)
    Plant Expertise 15% faster in gathering herbs and plants
    Child of the Lake 50% increased speed in swimming

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Any of them have Mana regen or increased healing capabilities?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Any of them have Mana regen or increased healing capabilities?
    High Elves have an active racial skill that replenish 100% mana, has 2h cooldown, and they have a MP regen once resurrected.

Just go with Popori and don't bother about it =)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast