1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 8 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 1 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Marauder Sucks     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My Marauder Sucks

Rank 21 with appropriate gear for my level. I think I'm using all my abilities correctly while borrowing some from other classes. Despite all that my damage is pitiful. Hell against the same mobs my 18 Gladiator does better damage and has better accuracy. Anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to pump up my Marauder?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think at this point you should just wait for 1.18 and for some balancing to be done. Everything is going to be changing soon.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Just take My off the title and you'd be set. I took Mrd to 50 as well, but not because I enjoyed it. I just wanted the abilities. Even at 50 with a +2 Barbarians I wiff much more then any other class. Of course it will be more noticeable since it swings slower though. Like said above cross your fingers on the next patch, just don't go in expecting it to be a miracle that fixes all the gripes of the game.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

My Marauder sucks too. Seems to be a trend eh?

The Engraved Bhuj +2 I wield is a glorified fan.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I tell myself that MRD is a hybrid tank/DD to try and justify it. It's a fun class but once I got LNC to 50 I've hardly looked back. I think if I set Axemanship and used only MRD abilities on LNC I'd still do more damage overall due to the superiority of LNC weapons.

I just hope they don't use XI based delay values for weapons, because that would put the nail in the coffin. ><

Acc is terrible on MRD, use Feint if you can. It will help some, and at least help you kill faster.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddle Sticks View Post
    Acc is terrible on MRD, use Feint if you can. It will help some, and at least help you kill faster.
    This. Feint is a lifesaver on me for when I level MRD.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It's not worth it at 50 once you have all the bells and whistles the other jobs offer. Its damage is crap.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah even in the low/mid 30s on Pugilists, Feint becomes pretty underwhelming.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ironically enough, one thing that would have kept Feint viable at 50 would have been if it only cost 250TP.

It's a good thing that they nerfed Feint back when the majority of the population were low/mid-rank! There's no balance like knee-jerk balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    It's not worth it at 50 once you have all the bells and whistles the other jobs offer. Its damage is crap.
    Hmm Op is rank 21, not sure what r50 has to do with anything. Again, use Feint if you can, it will help some with MRD's terrible acc at your current rank.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think the ultimate point is that while Feint will help his damage for now... its usefulness will diminish soon and his accuracy will suck the entire way through to 50 where nothing will help it.

Either way, Feint is a highly useful ability for pretty much all melees in the low-mid range. The way the game works now requires that you level most related jobs up simultaneously and this sucks for people like the OP that only have interest in playing a single class.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You guys are making me sad, I've always loved warrior classes and I like the style and idea of MRD. I'm only 17 tough.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

MRD needs Retaliation and Double Attack and Berserk

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Karinastar
    I just hope they don't use XI based delay values for weapons, because that would put the nail in the coffin. ><
    Most Marauder weapons are 4.2s right? In terms of FF11 that's about the same as a 252 delay weapon. That's like a slow sword or whatever.

I guess it's not as slow when you think of it this way, but when you're sitting down playing FF14 it's a different story.

I just want more haste, TP generation or -delay buffs already.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vega Castro
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Are they even planning to add any type of haste or increase speed of autoattacks in some manner? It used to be fun pre-1.18 when you can spam attacks on will on PUG...now it's dreadful and slow.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Speed Surge is essentially haste now, if I recall correctly.

bongaru

Wait till after 1.19

User was infracted for this post.