Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

BG Cookbook - Food Coma Edition

I've been on a cooking binge lately. Some of these turned out so good, I feel the need to share. On top of that, I'm looking for some new things to cook.

Tortilla Pizza
    You need:

1. 2 Large burrito tortilla's - Whole wheat taste best.
    2. Pizza Sauce
    3. Mozzarella cheese and another decent cheese (Smoked Gouda is awesome)
    4. Your toppings, I use Jalapano, Red Onion, and Green or Red pepper.

What to do:

1. Preheat the oven to 375
    2. While the oven is preheating, heat your pizza pan in the oven. It needs to be hot to crisp the tortilla rather than make them soggy. A pizza stone works best, but a normal metal pan will do.
    3. Put one tortilla down, and layer it with a thin layer of your "other" cheese. Put the other tortilla on top of the cheese. Tortilla -> Cheese -> Tortilla
    4. Put on the pizza sauce on, the mozzarella, and your toppings
    5. Bake for 14 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted, cut, and serve.

This is probably the best pizza I've ever eaten. It's crunchy, not doughy, and rather than just taste bread and crust, you taste every single topping you put on it. This is a 10/10 in my book, and has become a real staple of my diet, it is seriously fantastic

Asparagus Guacamole
    Don't let the title deceive you, this is actually amazing.
    What you need:

1. 1lb Asparagus
    2. 2-3 Avocado
    3. 2 table spoon Lime juice
    4. 1 table spoon salt
    5. 1 handful cilantro leaves
    6. 2 Roma Tomatos
    7. 1/2 Red Onion

What to do:

1. Remove the flowers on the Asparagus and cut off the thick ends. Cut into 1/2 inch pieces and steam them until a fork can go through with ease.
    2. Cut, and deseed the Avocados
    3. Chop Cilantro, tomatos, and onions.
    4. Throw the steamed Asparagus and avocados into a bowl and smash them with a potato smasher or mix them with a cake beater.
    5. Mix everything together, salt to taste
    6. Be shocked at how absolutely fantastic this is.

Mexican Tortilla Pizza
    What you'll need:

1. 2 large burrito tortilla's
    2. Enchilada sauce.
    3. Re-fried Beans
    4. Two types of cheeses (See above.)
    5. Fresh Veggies

What to do:

1. Preheat oven to 375, heating the pan you intend to use
    2. Much like the other pizza, layer burrito -> cheese -> burrito
    3. Put down a thin layer of re-fried beans
    4. Pour on your Enchilada Sauce
    5. Layer on some cheese
    6. Then some veggies
    7. Bake for 14 minutes or until cheese is done
    8. Be a baller and put some Asparagus Guacamole on it and cream your pants at its delicious goodness

I have a few more that I'll add in the future. What do you guys cook? Bonus points for vegetarian dishes or recipes with vegetarian alternatives.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

3 eggs, 1 pack Vienna sausage, bacon bits

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4067393_n.jpg

microwave 3 mins

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3745098_n.jpg

enjoy

edit: no vegetarian alternative, sorry

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

That is disgusting.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

CS doesn't always microwave eggs, but when he does, he uses a filthy foam ramen bowl

gives the dish a more complex flavor

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

It wasn't bad, actually.

The Ultimate Cookbook

$625 for the 6 volume text which will explain all the new complex (and some not-so-complex) ways of cooking that have come about in the past century.

When I was listening to the review on it, my favorite was a burger that is seared on a very hot grill until medium, then is taken off and plunged into liquid nitrogen for ~30 seconds, THEN plunged into a frier. The liquid nitrogen freezes the first millimeter or two of the burger so when it is put into the hot oil it doesn't burn, but instead creates a very crunchy crust.

Now I just need to figure out where I can get some liquid nitrogen

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

you're crazy if you spend $600+ on that book, go with http://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Textbo...0075388&sr=8-1

That's 1 of the 6 books, but yeah, thanks for showing us all that you can get things cheaper than retail on Amazon. Here's a cookie:

http://maxflies.net/files/2011/03/li...ip-cookies.jpg

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post

microwave 3 mins

enjoy

We get it you're poor, joke isn't not funny anymore. Never was, more sad than anything.

made some pulled pork for july4

3lbs pork butt/shoulder
    1 pack lipton onion/mushroom soup
    1 cup bbq sauce or ketchup (bbq sauce will make it sweeter)
    (some amount) apple cider vinegar
    .5 cup brown sugar

crock pot overnight on slow
    pull
    put in bun, eat

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

anyone no a torrent to that cookbook ? id love to just read the shit for fun sometime. I like cooking but id never blow $$650 on it... unless it was a mixer or stove...

And being poor is not a joke, guy makes light of it at least.and he takes care of himself(for the most part it seems)

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    The Ultimate Cookbook

$625 for the 6 volume text which will explain all the new complex (and some not-so-complex) ways of cooking that have come about in the past century.

When I was listening to the review on it, my favorite was a burger that is seared on a very hot grill until medium, then is taken off and plunged into liquid nitrogen for ~30 seconds, THEN plunged into a frier. The liquid nitrogen freezes the first millimeter or two of the burger so when it is put into the hot oil it doesn't burn, but instead creates a very crunchy crust.

Now I just need to figure out where I can get some liquid nitrogen

dont think its that hard to get your hands on it if you dont mind blowing money. stuff is not that cheap.

Heating and or air condition supplier, welding store*(not paintball thats Co2..). you wont find it in the baking/cooking section of your normal food store

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Spoiler: show

microwave 3 mins

enjoy

Certainly the best addition to this thread, and the perfect reply to the first post. This thread had already reached its crescendo before the third post was made.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Un-fucking-believable hotwings

5 lbs of drumettes / wings, separated if whole, thawed if frozen.
    1 cup Franks Red Hot sauce
    1 cup butter, melted
    Bowl of breading mix
    A fryer

Roll meat in mix until evenly coated, cover then stick in the fridge for about an hour and a half. Depending on capacity of your fryer you'll want to cook the wings in 2-4 batches. Fry for several minutes or until you get a nice golden color. Mix butter and hot sauce while waiting. Remove and place on a rack covered with paper towels for a minute. Then dip your wings into the bowl of mixed hot sauce and butter and get a nice even coating. Place onto dish to cool for a few minutes. Serves 1.

Serve with ranch, celery sticks, and pepperoncinis. Other really good hot sauces to use are Wing Time Hot Wing Sauce (Mild is fucking delicious), Defcon Wing Sauce(3 or 2), Anchor Bar Original Wing Sauce, and Wing Commander Wing Sauce. Don't use shit tier like Tabasco, Tapatio, Red Devil, Trappeys, Crystal or whatever. It never ends well.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There are a lot of cooking threads here on BG. Not sure if this is the main one:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/68808-The-BG-Cookbook!

I'm sure you can find a dozen other threads for inspirations~

edit* wtf is that CS... >_>

whatever man, with the body hes fucking getting eating that shit i would consider it. man is getting ripped

Old Merits
    BG Level

Cauliflower crusted pizza with spinach and veggie sausage. Do I get bonus points because it's vegetarian? :D

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

A super simple chip dip that might not sound super appetizing, (I actually despise one of the two ingredients) but I can't get enough of this shit. Pretty fatty too. :3

Philly&Chili

• 1 can of Dennison's NO BEANS chili.
    • 1 standard block of Philidelphia cream cheese.

Put 'em both in a pot, medium heat, and stir/mix frequently (so it doesn't burn on the bottom) until the cream cheese is entirely dispersed and the mixture is pretty much orange in color. You're done.

I have tried other brands of chili, but I have never been happy with the results compared to Dennison's (available just about anywhere). It has to be a standard 15 oz. can of beanless chili because if the can has a bunch of beans in it, your actual cream cheese-to-chili ratio is way off considering how much space beans take up inside the can. If you really want some beans, feel free to add your own on top of the existing recipe for the best results.

I also suggest adding ample amounts of crushed black pepper and crushed red chili flakes... sometimes grated cheddar cheese on top (melted). Nom. Oh yeah, tortilla chips.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    whatever man, with the body hes fucking getting eating that shit i would consider it. man is getting ripped
    He's 5'6... He could take a breath and get ripped. If he was at least 5'10 I'd consider it something special.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I posted this years ago. pic isn't mine but from the website I pulled it from.

2-3 eggs
    1 banana, in slices
    2T chunky or creamy natural peanut butter
    pinch of sugar

1. Place a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Spray with cooking spray and pour in the eggs.

2. Sprinkle some sugar into the eggs and place sliced bananas into pan

3. Lift the sides of the omelette up to allow the still-liquid eggs to flow underneath and cook. After a few minutes, flip the omelette over with a large spatula.

4. Spread a generous coating of peanut butter onto one half of the omelette. Fold the omelette over and allow to cook for another minute. Flip it onto the other side for one last minute and serve!

http://www.peanutbutterboy.com/image.../omelette3.jpg

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

carbonara recipe on the last page is fucking legit. easy, relatively cheap, and most importantly it is delicious and super-filling. following it to the letter, that shit keeps me fat and happy for a good few days (although i am kinda small and don't require much to fill up, for what it's worth). only thing i'd advise is to dial back the cinnamon a tiny bit, i found it a bit overpowering at the given proportion but your mileage may vary.