+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Arrested Development Movie? Now with more season(s?)!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_892430.html

'Arrested Development' Movie Happening, Being Written: Jeffrey Tambor

Before the question was even asked, Jeffrey Tambor had the answer ready, on command after years of inquiry.

Yes, the "Arrested Development" movie is going to be made.

"I think what's coming down is, certainly, the negotiation over my trailer is what I think is stopping people," he laughed.

But really.

"No, it's all going straight, everyone's on board, I know they're writing, and maybe next time this year we'll be having this conversation."

That means the Bluth family, the motley crew of Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, Portia De Rossi, Michael Cera, Alia Shawkat, David Cross and Tony Hale will return for the first time since their wildly-maligned cancellation by FOX following the 2006 TV season. A cult classic whose fan base wasn't understood or appreciated by FOX at the time, it's gone on to massive DVD sales and has inspired a consistent internet campaign for a big screen revival.

Tambor's confirmation follows creator/producer Mitch Hurwitz's semi-promise in February, when he tried not to get the show's rabid fans' hopes up too high.

"But I don't like to toy with the affections of our fans," Hurwitz said at the time. "They've been so supportive and we're so grateful, so I kind of hate to answer the question until I can say, 'Yep, we've shot it, it opens next week'. Otherwise it feels like we're toying with people and we do not mean to do that. It has just taken a while to get it going."

Now, fans can get a little bit more hopeful.

Tambor is in the midst of promoting his new film with Colin Hanks, the subversive serial killer romantic comedy, "Lucky," in which he, for once, plays the straight man, a detective working to figure out the mysterious disappearance of a number of young, blonde women from a small city in Iowa. It is a departure from his character on "Arrested," the patriarch George Bluth, whom, now, he'll also portray on the screen.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

OH HELL YES. Please happen...

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

I have no clue what Tambors writing is like so hopefully he can live up to the writing that the show had.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

why is this now with more stabbins? am i missing a joke? how is this deadpool related

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Pretty sure its not being written by Tambor.... the title of the article is terrible, as is the new title of this thread.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This story has been torturing me for like 3 years. I want it to happen, but I've been burned before (Veronica Mars movie) and I'll be burned again (Party Down movie).

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    why is this now with more stabbins? am i missing a joke? how is this deadpool related
    WHITE POWER

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

but... I'm white...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I've been watching the whole series on DVD at least 3 times a year, but when it was on Fox it was up against Alias or some other good show when it aired and those were the days before internet tv, so I usually watched other shows. If it got a good air time.... I would love a movie, but it could never really live up to expectations. The whole reason they couldn't bring the show back is that some of the actors and writers got other jobs.

If they can get EVERYONE back for a movie, I would prefer they just do a short season like sunny in philly that they shoot in 2-3 months, similar to a movie commitment.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I miss this show, I didn't know anyone else who watched it IRL.
    NO TOUCHING!!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I spent a very long time getting a lot of people into it. Everyone I got into it loves it now, but didn't start watching it until it was too late.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Trichocyst View Post
    I spent a very long time getting a lot of people into it. Everyone I got into it loves it now, but didn't start watching it until it was too late.
    ya we actually netflix'd it and I'm so sad it isn't still on. Definitely one of those shows that got popular after it was over.

Would love a movie, would love them to bring the show back even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    but... I'm white...
    this is like the probably the one part in the whole series that i just like fell on the floor and cried from laughter. dont know why

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

perhaps its because you blue yourself.
    http://www.delawareonline.com/blogs/...man-710327.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    I'm a firm believer that, when in doubt, be absurd.

Honestly, if this show hadn't been canceled, it'd surpass Seinfeld for sitcom.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

OH MY GOD THERE'S A FIRE... sale

best scene of the series

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Every scene was the best scene of the series.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast