+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Classes (jobs) in TERA     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by lurkakitty View Post
    I`m glad to see lancer high on the wanted list as it`s what I was planning on playing. My faith wavered a bit when I read somewhere that they suck balls and are just barely above warrior. Hope they stay decently wanted, not like pld in XI nowadays..
    Yup. If there is 1 game that makes tanks as good as they are fun and in demand, it's TERA. Lancer will be my main in NA-TERA.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Yup. If there is 1 game that makes tanks as good as they are fun and in demand, it's TERA.
    This.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Hey Foxer, I've noticed you say quite often that Slayer is the, well, Jesus spawn class of Tera, for example.

Could you explain why you feel this way? It's not that I doubt you, I'm just curious what makes them so great.

TSB

Quote Originally Posted by Kupo View Post
    Hey Foxer, I've noticed you say quite often that Slayer is the, well, Jesus spawn class of Tera, for example.

Could you explain why you feel this way? It's not that I doubt you, I'm just curious what makes them so great.
    I don't wanna say they are OP...
    but they are OP.
    I haven't had hands on experience, that is only word of mouth, so await Foxer's reply.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

OP cuz slayers are just too much fun! Nerf fun plzzzz.

Rolling slayer main on NA...

But really, slayers attacks are decently powerful, they either have insane range or insane knockdown, or both... Their skills combo well together, and they are the only class in pvp that can 1 on 1 any other class withnoprob. While berserkers can practically 1 shot ppl, slayers can 1 combo kill ppl before they get back up. [and slayers dont suffer from kiting problems and their attacks have such a back arc that you can really ignore all the blocks in pvp and rare cases pve.

Also the insane range and knockdown/ministun of slayer attacks means that you can easliy gather up and kill 5-10 normal mobs without even getting hit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Yeah Slayers are just too good to be true. Might be that they're that fun though.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Thanks for the information guys, really helpful. I'm liking the sound of lancers, beserkers and slayers.

Would you guys mind mentioning, accordint to your perception, how the classes are divided in terms of proportion? That is, what's the most populous class? The least? Where do they all fall in terms of how many people play them.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

So, if I understand this right: Sorc is ballin' dps, just high on enmity and low on knock downs? Planning to roll Elin Sorc, have a name picked out too if I can get it... >.>;

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yes, cuz at lvl 50ish you get a self buff that lets you do everything 30% faster for 15seconds, with 10 seconds of downtime in between. Usually that 10 seconds of downtime your healing mana, when you pop that 30% skill, your dps is massive, often causing the tank to lose aggro on the boss... PEWPEWPEWWWW

In pve you got slows and usually with the back step you dont really need knockdowns, and in pvp, you already can beat down a guy faster then any other char if they are standing still and you land your hits. So in pvp, youll usually just be walking around and when an teammate knocks down and your dont have a zerker on your butt then you go crazy and usually can just drop the Knocked downed or stunned char.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

20% and glyph it to +30%, so 50% for 15 secs.

Sorc's a beast. KRs just like their KDs. I wouldn't mind a 3x Sorc Priest, Lancer PT all the time though. Their DPS is actually that good.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    20% and glyph it to +30%, so 50% for 15 secs.

Sorc's a beast. KRs just like their KDs. I wouldn't mind a 3x Sorc Priest, Lancer PT all the time though. Their DPS is actually that good.
    Wait i thought the glyph changed it from 20% to 30%, or my Korean is just bad T_T

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Linfy View Post
    Wait i thought the glyph changed it from 20% to 30%, or my Korean is just bad T_T
    It's 20% and glyph changes it to 50%. OP glyph is OP!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

: )

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Is there any cloaking ? I think I remember Slayer dual-wielding swords so they seem roguey to me.

Also can Berserker only use G.Axes?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Yeah, there is no multiple weapon skills per class here. And Warriors duel weild, and they don't stealth, just a gank type move, like Slayer.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aro View Post
    Is there any cloaking ? I think I remember Slayer dual-wielding swords so they seem roguey to me.

Also can Berserker only use G.Axes?
    There is really no rouge class, Warriors duel wield and have the fastest combat movespeed, along with +attackspeed items they can almost keep up with other class movespeed WHILE attacking. They also get a doge roll at lvl 1 and later a long range blink that also dose dmg to enemies in path.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by lurkakitty View Post
    I`m glad to see lancer high on the wanted list as it`s what I was planning on playing. My faith wavered a bit when I read somewhere that they suck balls and are just barely above warrior.
    lol, I'd love to know where people are getting their info from, yea the best tanking class in game sucks balls
    derp

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

doubleee

LurkaKitty

^ tera fans forums

So for those who have an idea on what they wanna play, who`s rolling what? I get a sense that it`s gonna be all dps/lancers lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Rolling priest most likely, with a sorc alt. Always liked playing healer classes in PvP.