+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Classes (jobs) in TERA     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Berserker - No Ty
    Lancer - Not if Foxer is going this job because I hope to EXP with him and do 5 mans
    Priest - IRL friend Waimzey going Priest
    Slayer - I'M IN THERE

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Been looking forward to this game for a long time. Current choice is to go Sorcer -> Berserker -> Archer and I'm planning on taking a couple of weeks off work to play when it opens. Would love to be able to static with you too.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Absolutely Send me a PM with your details.

Anyone interested, send a PM. I have a priest already for the PT. Just FYI.

I'm stuck between sorc and archer. Seems like there will be a lack of both in the LS so maybe I'll just do both.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Honestly Warrior looks like a lot of fun, I enjoy fast attacking DW classes, and I don't mind tanking in a pinch... but it sounds like if I wanted to play a primarily DPS oriented Warrior I'd be voluntarily rolling shit tier and I'd best have a static or I won't be doing any instances. If they buff it enough to be respectable I'd definitely play that first, otherwise probably Slayer or Archer. I'm sure I'll end up with a character of every role though if I play long enough, I always try to be balanced like that. ><

TSB

Quote Originally Posted by Karinastar View Post
    Honestly Warrior looks like a lot of fun, I enjoy fast attacking DW classes, and I don't mind tanking in a pinch... but it sounds like if I wanted to play a primarily DPS oriented Warrior I'd be voluntarily rolling shit tier and I'd best have a static or I won't be doing any instances. If they buff it enough to be respectable I'd definitely play that first, otherwise probably Slayer or Archer. I'm sure I'll end up with a character of every role though if I play long enough, I always try to be balanced like that. ><
    I agree.
    Right now rolling a warrior would be useless for dps, as any other dps class would be chosen before you. And tanking, people prefer lancers...:*(
    Butttt, like you said, if they do buff the class to be viable as dps I would definitely consider it.

SPUULY
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by ikethegreat View Post
    I'm stuck between sorc and archer. Seems like there will be a lack of both in the LS so maybe I'll just do both.
    These are actually the main two I was looking to start with as well, though archer will most likely be my main, I'd still like a sorc for a side/fun job.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Has any one thought about how they will release new content? New content for skills wise? I mean alot of the classes (except healers) allready kinda have enough active skills to use, they could create even more skills so that people kinda have to choose to put what on their bars and what not to use. Perhaps they will just focus on making new classes instead?

Has anyone seen any info on this?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Linfy View Post
    Has any one thought about how they will release new content? New content for skills wise? I mean alot of the classes (except healers) allready kinda have enough active skills to use, they could create even more skills so that people kinda have to choose to put what on their bars and what not to use. Perhaps they will just focus on making new classes instead?

The latest KTERA expansion, where they increased level cap to 58, gave each class a couple of new skills to use. Regarding changes to skills, they are working on balancing Warrior a bit for PvP.

From looking at things, it seems like each class already has more skills & items than you could fit onto your hotbar, and certainly more than you can fit on a controller.

TSB

A release of a new class has also already been announced for 2012, but that's the extent of our knowledge on it. =[

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ctrl 1,2,3, etc...I already have plenty of skills mixed through 1 and 2 pallet. Put more important ones on 1, less used ones on 2 or however you find easiest.

TSB

Quote Originally Posted by Cian View Post
    Ctrl 1,2,3, etc...I already have plenty of skills mixed through 1 and 2 pallet. Put more important ones on 1, less used ones on 2 or however you find easiest.
    And buy a Razer Naga! =)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

True that, right now there is enough skills to use, but I don't think anyone will have hotkey troubles. I mean we can just rebind QERTFGZXCV keys too, and their +shift counterparts.
    If these are the developers for Lineage 2, we actually might not get new classes. But then again, Lineage 2 did have huge amount of classes with variants on each race.

Anyways, that aside... HEALERS ARE SO BORING T____T You dont even get epic boss music =[

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Healers boring in TERA? Never seen a tank or healing class quite like the ones in TERA actually.

And stop pretending that the same people working on the game means the same game. Might as well jump on the Korean games are all the same bandwagon.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Granted, they are pretty fun, but boring compared to what other classes. I think the whole, not "in combat" for movespeed thing is really kinda... messed up

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Granted, they are pretty fun, but boring compared to what other classes. I think the whole, not "in combat" for movespeed thing is really kinda... messed up
    priest DD on anything big is utter garbage, even if priest DD was good I wouldn't enter combat because I'm kept busy running around keeping ppl healed/debuffs removed
    honestly endgame instances you're curing almost non stop and you get hate from doing that, trying to DD only gets you killed that much faster(not to mention priest only has 2 ranged attacks, so you'll get 1 shotted by any big bosses being close range)
    and apart from those examples, when you're being a 'DD' healer, you're being a shitty mage by not paying attention to peoples vitals

I take it you didn't come from FFXI? melee RDM guys

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Im not saying priest shouldn't heal and should be DD on boss instead. Maybe you all should stop being instant fanboys and think whats wrong with healers atm. Healers along with archer and sorc are all in the ranged category, so the melle have to use their doge and block to not get hit by the boss, same thing with archers and sorcs, sorcs sometimes get aggro and have to doge their butts offs and archers becuase the closer you are the more dmg you do, they sometimes get caught in attacks and have to mind themselves about that too.

But what about healers, beside healing, your running circles around the boss at superspeeds flying past all attacks and the only time you get hit is cuz you ran too fast in to an attack and dint react to it. I never played an healer at higher levels but thats from what I can tell in parties, seeing priest fly across my screen once in a while. The ONLY time they seem in danger is when they cast low range aoe heals, but most priest seem to not care and do it anyways while boss inst attacking, cuz they know they can get away just by holding down SD when the attack do come while they are casting.

Priest is boring because they should make it more challenging, the problem is in the game mechanics. For exsample, there are alot of boss attacks that are RANGED small AOE that targets 1 person. In frenzy mode, the only way you can avoid it is by using your doge, every class has to do this, cept priest, because your running around at a trillion miles perhour and just easily avoids anything, your biggest emy is yourself, or a tank thats just bad.

Also I find that its very much an immersion breaker, 1.no music when you know there should be, 2.unreal speed compared to everything else (you run almost at boss speed)Priests arnt rouges, 3.boss donst seem menacing all of their attacks directed at you is easily sidestepped, inmagine what the other classes have to go trough to doge boss attacks when they get targeted compared to priests. 4. Constantly sheathing your weapon over and over and over...

Also, Im not a healer hater and I know how they work, I played an bishop in L2 from 2004-2010, and have tried my hand at endgame healing druid/priest in wow. dont mention aion, rift, warhammeronline...
    All of the time the healing in those games have their own challenges, L2 you need ultra reaction time and your always trying to squeeze the biggest spell you can cast.
    WoW you need to plan your skill rotation to match with boss's attacks to maximize effectiveness
    and in TERA, it is just not as challenging, aka boring and along with bad emmersion breaking I feel that there is much need for improvement. So much for ACTION-mmo

Yes, what I am saying is that healers should have a way harder time, In pvp they are considered in combat and move at combat speed, so why is it not so in pve? Would it be impossibly hard? IF it is shouldent we just lower heal aggro or something similar instead of allowing them to move at superspeed and break so many mechanics of the game?

I played a REDMAGE, my only job was to cast two spells and optional debuffs that dont take very much time. I WAS SO BORED out of my skull that I became the party story teller and alt tabbed and sat in combat was normal. I could bid my time by casting spells and melle-ing, but that inst an option because of the "charge up" mechanic of enemies when they get hit. RDM in all other FF games are made so they can kinda do melle and kinda do damage spells, but in FFXI, an simple mechanic broke that, and REDMAGE became something like an WHITEMAGE.

You are saying I'm retarded or something because I don't abuse and use every mechanic of the game. I say that such retarded mechanic should be fixed and improved so that we don't have to abuse such gimmicky things to do our job.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I never played an healer at higher levels but thats from what I can tell in parties
    Should we leave it at that, or go into detail?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Why are you being so rude? Why don't you tell me then why this mechanic helps the game? Aside from that every healer MUST use it.

I really don't wana make a healer to 50 just to tell first hand how this is a GOOD game mechanic. So please enlighten me, because when I am talking to my friends about the game, and they ask about classes and how their gameplay is like, I mention healer and I get alot of raised eyebrows.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I'm not entirely sure what your friends' eyebrows have to do with the matter at hand, nor how my taking you to school is considered rude, but here we go.

Im not saying priest shouldn't heal and should be DD on boss instead. Maybe you all should stop being instant fanboys and think whats wrong with healers atm. Healers along with archer and sorc are all in the ranged category, so the melle have to use their doge and block to not get hit by the boss, same thing with archers and sorcs, sorcs sometimes get aggro and have to doge their butts offs and archers becuase the closer you are the more dmg you do, they sometimes get caught in attacks and have to mind themselves about that too.
    Archer range is 13 meters for full damage, so I don't know what kind of danger you consider that to be, but OK. Priest is the only ranged class in the game without a proper dodge of some sort, so you have to not be engaged to take advantage of the running speed.

But what about healers, beside healing, your running circles around the boss at superspeeds flying past all attacks and the only time you get hit is cuz you ran too fast in to an attack and dint react to it. I never played an healer at higher levels but thats from what I can tell in parties, seeing priest fly across my screen once in a while. The ONLY time they seem in danger is when they cast low range aoe heals, but most priest seem to not care and do it anyways while boss inst attacking, cuz they know they can get away just by holding down SD when the attack do come while they are casting.
    You said it, you never played a healer at high levels, so your opinion is invalid. Should have ended here, but let's continue.

Priest is boring because they should make it more challenging, the problem is in the game mechanics. For exsample, there are alot of boss attacks that are RANGED small AOE that targets 1 person. In frenzy mode, the only way you can avoid it is by using your doge, every class has to do this, cept priest, because your running around at a trillion miles perhour and just easily avoids anything, your biggest emy is yourself, or a tank thats just bad.
    Most mobs give out warning. If you're getting hit, it's because you pulled aggro with over-healing, or because your tank is bad. If you think for one second that Priest is not going to get hit because he's running a little faster than everyone else who's engaged, you don't know what you're talking about. Healer is the most dying class as far as dungeons go because of how much you're forced to do.

Also I find that its very much an immersion breaker, 1.no music when you know there should be, 2.unreal speed compared to everything else (you run almost at boss speed)Priests arnt rouges, 3.boss donst seem menacing all of their attacks directed at you is easily sidestepped, inmagine what the other classes have to go trough to doge boss attacks when they get targeted compared to priests. 4. Constantly sheathing your weapon over and over and over...
    1. iTunes. 2. You use this speed thing too much and I'm afraid I'm going to see it again soon. 3. You have a harder time dodging attacks than any other class in the game. 4. Huh?

Also, Im not a healer hater and I know how they work, I played an bishop in L2 from 2004-2010, and have tried my hand at endgame healing druid/priest in wow. dont mention aion, rift, warhammeronline...
    All of the time the healing in those games have their own challenges, L2 you need ultra reaction time and your always trying to squeeze the biggest spell you can cast.
    WoW you need to plan your skill rotation to match with boss's attacks to maximize effectiveness
    and in TERA, it is just not as challenging, aka boring and along with bad emmersion breaking I feel that there is much need for improvement. So much for ACTION-mmo
    Play TERA and you can compare. If you're a raging CPE "tester", you might as well leave now, because you guys don't know where you're standing.

Yes, what I am saying is that healers should have a way harder time, In pvp they are considered in combat and move at combat speed, so why is it not so in pve? Would it be impossibly hard? IF it is shouldent we just lower heal aggro or something similar instead of allowing them to move at superspeed and break so many mechanics of the game?
    Healer PVE is the hardest class in the game. Stop saying that running faster is breaking the mechanics of the game. lol

I played a REDMAGE, my only job was to cast two spells and optional debuffs that dont take very much time. I WAS SO BORED out of my skull that I became the party story teller and alt tabbed and sat in combat was normal. I could bid my time by casting spells and melle-ing, but that inst an option because of the "charge up" mechanic of enemies when they get hit. RDM in all other FF games are made so they can kinda do melle and kinda do damage spells, but in FFXI, an simple mechanic broke that, and REDMAGE became something like an WHITEMAGE.
    No comment, as it has nothing to do with TERA.

You are saying I'm retarded or something because I don't abuse and use every mechanic of the game. I say that such retarded mechanic should be fixed and improved so that we don't have to abuse such gimmicky things to do our job.
    You're the only one who called yourself retarded, so I'll play along. Also - again - running faster is not breaking the mechanics.<-
    I think what you're asking here is for them to change the class. The only thing I can make out from your entire cluster fuck of the English language was:
    Priests need to run slow because you don't like that they run fast, enmity needs to be brought down, and Priests need to be able to DPS because you like the music.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast