+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Classes (jobs) in TERA     submit to reddit submit to twitter

TSB

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    If anything, this Warrior buff is hand made for the western market.
    I'll take it. Like you said though, the warrior may be capable of tanking but it is at the expense of the dps. Btw, what is enmity? Aggro/hate?

Warrior will definitely be put back on my list of possible characters if their dps is viable :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
    I'll take it. Like you said though, the warrior may be capable of tanking but it is at the expense of the dps. Btw, what is enmity? Aggro/hate?

Warrior will definitely be put back on my list of possible characters if their dps is viable :D
    Yeah, aggro/hate.

I think what they're going for is viable DPS, with proper low man(2-4) party tank capabilities. It seems they want to remove it from being a supposed top tier tank, but still a little better than any other DPS class. Of course to allow this, they're gonna have to make it the lowest of the DPS classes, but close enough to where gear makes a difference.

It's got my approval, that's for sure.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Any possibility they're moving Warrior to a more DPS role in order to make room for the new class next year that could be a tank? Just speculating.

It's a good change though. You know there was going to be a huge uproar in the western market if the only "cool badass dual wieldy rogue-assassin class" was a tank and did low dps, and was extremely difficult to play.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Problem is the classes currently stand at 2 plate, 3 leather, 3 cloth. The new class would have to be a tank who wears plate, which would be very similar to Lancer.

Edit: I'm not saying having a 2nd top tier tank that wears plate is anywhere near a bad idea, but you can't have it too similar to what the current top tier tank is now. IDK though!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Problem is the classes currently stand at 2 plate, 3 leather, 3 cloth. The new class would have to be a tank who wears plate, which would be very similar to Lancer.

Edit: I'm not saying having a 2nd top tier tank that wears plate is anywhere near a bad idea, but you can't have it too similar to what the current top tier tank is now. IDK though!
    X is to Lancer what Mystic is to Priest?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Don't understand. Are you implying they'll make it like how they made Mystic and Priest?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yeah thats where he was going with that. Same basic principle behind the job but a little different path getting there.

TSB

Paladin type class..

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Right. It's rather easy to have multiple healer types. You just change the buffs around, since there's no full support only class in TERA. Having 2 shield type tanks gives you less room to vary though. TERA's like PLD on crack, unless you were referring to WoW Pallies.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Sweet. If the changes to Warrior make it viable as a DPS I'll be extremely stoked.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I agree it would be lame for a new tank class to be too similar to Lancer.

I'm thinking other tanking options could be a pet tanking class similar to what Rift has (with one single useful pet in order to be different from Mystic). Maybe the heavy armor could be for survivability if the tank pet dies in order to give time to summon a new one. Give him a two handed club and no shield.

Or a heavy armor magic tank class with short term magical barriers (that need to be well timed like the Warrior's dodges) to absorb/block damage instead of using a shield.

But if Warrior can still be a back up tank, maybe the next class won't even be a tank. I feel the game still needs a bard class unless that is what they are shifting Warrior to become (a dual wielding Everquest-type Bard not spoony FF Bard...)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

IMO the current classes are fine, I don't think a pure buff class is needed especially with 5 party max atm, if anything throw more buffs at priest/mystic but even then both classes buffs are fine already

I think I'd prefer the look of a sword/shield combo vs the lance/shield combo though :3

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by FriskUni View Post
    IMO the current classes are fine, I don't think a pure buff class is needed especially with 5 party max atm, if anything throw more buffs at priest/mystic but even then both classes buffs are fine already

I think I'd prefer the look of a sword/shield combo vs the lance/shield combo though :3
    No! Sorc needs more "devastating spells!"

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

oh I'd trade someone's first born for a teleport spell on priest :3

Relic Horn
    BG Level

We run faster than blink.

TSB

^this!
    I would totally make a high elf one just to reminisce about my days as a High Elf TK in L2.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gimme some more oriental weapon

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

I've said this from the beginning. The lance thing is just retarded. I guess they wanted to be "different?"

LurkaKitty

Quote Originally Posted by Kupo View Post
    I agree it would be lame for a new tank class to be too similar to Lancer.

I'm thinking other tanking options could be a pet tanking class similar to what Rift has (with one single useful pet in order to be different from Mystic). Maybe the heavy armor could be for survivability if the tank pet dies in order to give time to summon a new one. Give him a two handed club and no shield.

Or a heavy armor magic tank class with short term magical barriers (that need to be well timed like the Warrior's dodges) to absorb/block damage instead of using a shield.

But if Warrior can still be a back up tank, maybe the next class won't even be a tank. I feel the game still needs a bard class unless that is what they are shifting Warrior to become (a dual wielding Everquest-type Bard not spoony FF Bard...)

^This <3 DAs
    (Lineage2`s Dark Avenger tank, shares tank category with Paladin for humans)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    I've said this from the beginning. The lance thing is just retarded. I guess they wanted to be "different?"
    It looks like the medieval age lancers. You know, mounted on a horse with a lance...

I like how they look. I really don't see whymeveryone want every game to be the same, where he main tank is a sword/shield unit. What's so bad about a lance? Technically it makes sense to have a long-reach weapon to attack with from the safety your shield, especially against monsters that colud potentially kill you if you get in sword range.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast