Closed Thread
Page 51 of 148 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aylee View Post
    Looking to edge some crap on ninja, whats best dagger, atma, and get builds to use? which belts work with AE? ty
    Marital Knife, Gales/Ultimate/Hell's Guardian, check the last few pages of this thread for a lot more discussion.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Looking to farm a couple Z tiara sets. I've heard mixed things about the iron giant in Uleg, some posts make him sound like the worst thing in the world, others say he's easy duo. I have WHM on main, and kannagi nin, war, or mnk on mule. What would be the best dual box setup assuming it's possible?

@ nikia make sure you have priority.dll in your plugins folder.
    He's easy as long as you don't have people that suck at proccing. He gains damage and resistance the more often he MS and Invincibles respectively, but it's not a big deal as long as you aren't fighting him more than 10-15 min. Proc fast and kill it.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    I was under the impression that aura steal merits were absorbtion rate only. Dispeling depends on a successful steal that + Steal gear affects. 5/5 Aura won't guarantee the steal will be successful but if it is, it will 100% absorb whatever it dispelled. At least that's what I thought.
    Just re-read it more carefully and you're right. The additional merits only add to the absorb rate.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

3 easiest refresh atmas to get? Durinn, Turul, ??? I'm guessing windy missions for 3rd? I don't want a situational atma like daytime only or under 25%.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Get Shantotto addon one

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    3 easiest refresh atmas to get? Durinn, Turul, ??? I'm guessing windy missions for 3rd? I don't want a situational atma like daytime only or under 25%.
    tbh there arent many situations where you'll need 3 refresh atmas. Hell, I generally don't need more than just minikin. For the most part if you have a half decent idle set 1 is fine, 2 is safe.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

best way to get souls for ochain? by that i mean which VNM has highest 2 souls drop rate?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

oh and does anyone have a good walkthru they used to get agi katana done quick from start to finish

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by DNAval View Post
    best way to get souls for ochain? by that i mean which VNM has highest 2 souls drop rate?
    I know some people will disagree with me on this but when I did mine I did most with Levi in abys. uleg by far had best 2 drop rate. The others were terrible.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Will someone on Phoenix give me a damn active linkshell? I'm tired of running without one.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    I know some people will disagree with me on this but when I did mine I did most with Levi in abys. uleg by far had best 2 drop rate. The others were terrible.
    No one is going to disagree; Ogopogo has a really high double drop rate. However, good luck with the 21308923908 people who know this and will be competing against you.

It will be up to you to assess when it is worth trying to upgrade in Ule, or when to just suffer through grinding in another zone. If it is anything like Phoenix, don't even bother with Ule on the weekend or during JP time. In my experience hardly anyone did Brulo, and I found him less annoying than Maere (or whatever the Diabolos is called).

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Just got my old POL info back so I will be reactivating my old ID. Couple of questions, though. My old mains were SAM and NIN, both 75. How do those classes hold up endgame wise these days?

Also, before "quitting" I gave all of my gil and non rare/ex items to friends. So I'm starting off as a broke ass Samurai, to speak. Is making gil easy/hard these days? And any suggestions to help a broke player get back on his feet? My bonecraft was in the 50s or 60s I think, for whatever that's worth. Thanks!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Manf View Post
    No one is going to disagree; Ogopogo has a really high double drop rate. However, good luck with the 21308923908 people who know this and will be competing against you.

It will be up to you to assess when it is worth trying to upgrade in Ule, or when to just suffer through grinding in another zone. If it is anything like Phoenix, don't even bother with Ule on the weekend or during JP time. In my experience hardly anyone did Brulo, and I found him less annoying than Maere (or whatever the Diabolos is called).
    in my server not a lot of people have the dedication of other servers that won't be a problem

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Looking to farm a couple Z tiara sets. I've heard mixed things about the iron giant in Uleg, some posts make him sound like the worst thing in the world, others say he's easy duo. I have WHM on main, and kannagi nin, war, or mnk on mule. What would be the best dual box setup assuming it's possible?

@ nikia make sure you have priority.dll in your plugins folder.
    I'm also in need of a tiara, hit me up if you want to team up with my 3 chars or something to make it easier. :D

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Drop 4 eva or 4 katana merits in favor of GKT merits? I haven't been on ninja in like 3~4 weeks, and likely won't be for a while.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Thf merits: 5/5 Triple Attack, then do whatever you want. 5/5 ta, 5/5sa, 2/5 sata, 5/5 flee. For group two I recommend 5/5 feint, at least 1/5 aura steal, 0/5 ambush, and then whatever you want.
    Feint is great, but I can't recommend Aura Steal enough. Also I remember hearing 99% of THFs have Flee maxed, and we all know why. (same reason you still carry AF shoes)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Honestly for damage, TH, and Rudras/Aftermath 5/5 trick attack is definitely the best.. but I just use flee so often. :3

As a slight follow up to the DualBox topic. I was able to get 2 windower instances to work and setup an AutoExec for my WHM friend, it uses Chat_Tell_Nikia_blah commands. With that I setup Macros in game similar to /t Name C6, which will cast Cure6 on me. I suppose question is kinda two fold, first does this seem like the best way to do this? Second since I would be doing alot of tells and such is there a risk to this from a being banned stand point?
    Thank you for the help.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

No real risk of being banned, my only serious experience with autoexec is for weather detection though so yeah. All SE would see if that you're telling another account when to cure 6, no funny business.

I'd recommend finding a standalone program though, curebots are amazing and more or less necessary if you ever want to expand to bigger and brighter things (more than two accounts). I can talk with you in PM if you care.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Does haste gear only have to equipped at the beginning of the spell? aka put it on, start casting, then can I instantly switch out of it and still get the haste benefit?

edit; does the same apply for BLU spells? str gear on before spell, start casting, can I instantly switch back to tp gear?