View Poll Results: Which server are you most interested in?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • PVP

29 31.52%
  • PVE

63 68.48%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    The BG elite days are long over. In Aion was absolutely embarrassing.
    I'm curious. What happened in Aion? Grant it, it can be annoying being jumped while questing, but generally speaking I enjoy PvP in Aion.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Shuichi View Post
    I'm curious. What happened in Aion? Grant it, it can be annoying being jumped while questing, but generally speaking I enjoy PvP in Aion.
    I can't speak for the Elyos guild because I have no idea what happened, but for the Asmodian guild we started pretty strong. We could get 20+ people into raid for fortresses and such, and even attempted some world bosses. Slowly the grind burned people out and the guild eventually drove itself into the ground when there was only 4-5 of us left. Most people didn't really hold elitist principles in Aion, so recruitment was dead.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Think I was the last of the asmo's to quit, but HydraCorp was dead after month....5?

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

just saying, aion is an embarrassing game so we dont take that into account for your bg elitism :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Still majorly considering pickng this game up when it comes to the US. Coming from FFXI background, I'd most certainly go pve ,just cause.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    Itt pussies. Pvp
    I concur.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the quitting before level 40, syn

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Meh, not to get into an Aion discussion, but that 40 - 50 grind was mind numbingly boring. I was fighting nothing but desert birds, for the last 7 levels, as they were the fastest thing to grind to get to your Mirages quest line (Elyos Side).

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

PVP, because after a long crappy day at work, you want to take out your anger... on someone...!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

PvP. I already got my skin hardened with almost 2 years of Aion ganking. I'm sure I can handle TERA!

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by XalienLevi View Post
    Voting PvE, no rewards in open world pvp.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    Call me a carebear if you want, but PvP is more meaningful when both sides want to participate and are ready for it. Battlegrounds/Arena/etc suit me just fine. There is no skill in killing lower level players or randomly ganking some guy running around doing quests. I can understand the appeal of wanting to be in an environment where anything can happen, but most games execute world PvP poorly.
    The reward is ganking other guilds and taking their pops. I am under the impression there are world spawns in which PK would be useful. And personally for me, PvE is boring without a competitive element. I can grind all day, all week, if it's about supremacy of the guild over others. I won't even make it a week if its just us against AI. "It is not enough that I should succeed, others should fail."

Not rolling with BG if it goes PvE.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    The reward is ganking other guilds and taking their pops. I am under the impression there are world spawns in which PK would be useful. And personally for me, PvE is boring without a competitive element. I can grind all day, all week, if it's about supremacy of the guild over others. I won't even make it a week if its just us against AI. "It is not enough that I should succeed, others should fail."

Not rolling with BG if it goes PvE.
    You can still compete at "HNM" spawn camps; it has a claiming system somewhat closer to XI (more so than other MMOs I've played anyway). And you can also grief other guilds for it. Tanks can voke and run off with it till it resets or out dps the lowman groups so they don't get drops!

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yes but wouldn't the easiest method to be to KILL them to take their mobs? And also it allows us to kill them when they grief us?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yes but wouldn't the easiest method to be to KILL them to take their mobs? And also it allows us to kill them when they grief us?
    Sure, but it also opens up the door to those lil shits that like to sneak up and grief questers for no reason. (or reward in Tera)
    People are chosing the lesser of two evils I guess.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's small fry in the big picture. A good game is not built on the soloable content. And honestly it's a good counter-guild tactic. Make the lives of new recruits to rival guilds a living hell by griefing them 24/7 as a group to make them disband. The only way they can stop it is counter-grouping, but so long as you have the superior guild that is advantageous to you.

It just sounds like you want to be a douche bag, and want the game and server to accommodate that. I suppose being a dick in a game is better than being a dick in real life though...

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    It just sounds like you want to be a douche bag, and want the game and server to accommodate that. I suppose being a dick in a game is better than being a dick in real life though...
    I don't think players deserve anything in virtue of merely playing. I hate handouts and coddling of the population. The best gear should go to the best players.

If that means we get cock blocked then we deserve to be cock blocked until we can beat the rival guild. Alternatively if we are in the top spot, that should be protected through any direct and indirect means of impeding our competitors.

Otherwise why play an MMO vs. a regular RPG if all we're doing is grinding vs the AI? I can do that on a console.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I don't think players deserve anything in virtue of merely playing. I hate handouts and coddling of the population. The best gear should go to the best players.

If that means we get cock blocked then we deserve to be cock blocked until we can beat the rival guild. Alternatively if we are in the top spot, that should be protected through any direct and indirect means of impeding our competitors.

Otherwise why play an MMO vs. a regular RPG if all we're doing is grinding vs the AI? I can do that on a console.
    I'm confused, why play FFXI if all you cared about was killing ppl for the 'top spot' and if you didn't like grinding vs AI

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudius View Post
    out dps the lowman groups so they don't get drops!
    Oh god Tera has the same shitty claim system as Aion? Fuck

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by FriskUni View Post
    I'm confused, why play FFXI if all you cared about was killing ppl for the 'top spot' and if you didn't like grinding vs AI
    Read my posting history? I'm all about World Spawns; I hate all of the new instanced and non competitive content. I dislike XI PvP because there is no point in it. I'd be fine with an XI open PvP system, and I think Darters/Spiders should be a fair tactic at Fafnir.