+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Convincing Someone to get an Abortion

My roommate knocked up his girlfriend. It is a terrible idea for them to keep the baby. This of course means they want to keep the baby. How do I convince them to get a rhymes with shmashmortion without coming across as a dick? Neither of them are financially stable enough or mature enough to bring a child into this world.

Also my roommate is black so already the babby is starting off on the wrong foot.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Fucking lol, Tyven delivers. Yet again!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Walk him around a rough neighbourhood, will that work? Show him the people struggling. Get him to see the reality.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

If your roommate or his girlfriend are morally opposed to abortion then it may be worth trying to convince him of adoption instead.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Its not that they are against it. On her end, I honestly think its a trap pregnancy. I think she is using it as an excuse to keep himm he is dating way down, she is trifling and he is a stud. On his end he is just a big dumb idiot. I mean he might actually love her but I doubt it. They have only been together 7 months. Trying to communicate to him that neither are of them are financially ready for this has been a losing battle. He just keeps saying he will make it work.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

sit him down and show him statistics. he won't give a shit about his girlfriend forever, so encourage him to consider how fucked up her life will be after he leaves her and what a financial burden it'll be on him. after that, it stops being your business unfortunately and if they decide to have the kid anyway, might be a good idea to pull the plug. as attractive as it is to tell idiots not to reproduce, they do it gleefully anyway.

also this is an awesome thread tyven, I hope it blows up on schedule for all of us to enjoy

The Anti Miz

BG Level

The way I see it is I have one trimester do basically throw away the friendship in order to convince him. After abortion time has passed I will give him my full support. I think I will take your approach solanis. Where do I find statistics. I guess I could google. I will google.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

He just keeps saying he will make it work.
    AHAHAHAHAHA

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

accidentally bump her at the top of the stairs and act surprised when she falls down them?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Read title as "Convincing Someone to get an Abandon"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Its not that they are against it. On her end, I honestly think its a trap pregnancy. I think she is using it as an excuse to keep himm he is dating way down, she is trifling and he is a stud. On his end he is just a big dumb idiot. I mean he might actually love her but I doubt it. They have only been together 7 months. Trying to communicate to him that neither are of them are financially ready for this has been a losing battle. He just keeps saying he will make it work.
    Sounds like you hatin' on her. U mad your bromance will be ending soon? Or are you really that worried about the situation? Does it keep you up at night?

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just do it yourself, cream soda style.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

My roommate knocked up his girlfriend. It is a terrible idea for them to keep the baby. This of course means they want to keep the baby. How do I convince them to get a rhymes with shmashmortion without coming across as a dick? Neither of them are financially stable enough or mature enough to bring a child into this world.

Also my roommate is black so already the babby is starting off on the wrong foot.
    my roommate is black
    This of course means she want to keep the baby
    fixed

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Oh my god

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The way I see it is I have one trimester do basically throw away the friendship in order to convince him. After abortion time has passed I will give him my full support. I think I will take your approach solanis. Where do I find statistics. I guess I could google. I will google.
    let me help you out.

1. unmarried couples with a child are statistically unlikely to stay together

Findings suggest that marriage at the time of the birth is protective for couple relationship quality, net of various individual characteristics associated with marriage. Among cohabiting couples at birth, those who subsequently marry have better relationship quality compared to all who do not marry, though not compared to stably cohabiting couples.
    http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...HHpwdUH1RE3BTA

2. single mothers get all sorts of fucked up by life and so do their kids

Families with incomes below the federal poverty line comprise only 3% of the county’s population, but they account for 30% of families headed by a single woman with young children. Families headed by a single woman comprise 15% of county families, but they account for 47% of the county’s families with incomes below the federal poverty line.
    http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...ZAiRlqBYemc9zw

3. unwanted kids (your friend's child falls into this category) are basically a feeding pool for crime

We offer evidence that legalized abortion has contributed significantly to recent crime reductions. Crime began to fall roughly 18 years after abortion legalization. The 5 states that allowed abortion in 1970 experienced declines earlier than the rest of the nation, which legalized in 1973 with Roe v. Wade. States with high abortion rates in the 1970s and 1980s experienced greater crime reductions in the 1990s. In high abortion states, only arrests of those born after abortion legalization fall relative to low abortion states. Legalized abortion appears to account for as much as 50 percent of the recent drop in crime.
    http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...rtion_on_Crime

this should hopefully freak him out enough. you need to be careful to not pressure them though, especially the girl, because it is her reproductive right to give birth, no matter how wasteful and stupid it would be

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Can always make another one.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I tried to get my wife to abort her current pregnancy, and I would have been successful if we had a clinic that could administer the RU486 pill close by. She refused to go surgical.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I bet Tyven is really the father.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Sounds like you hatin' on her. U mad your bromance will be ending soon? Or are you really that worried about the situation? Does it keep you up at night?
    i am very upset about the bromance ending. he is one of my besties. I just found out this morning so it has not kept me up yet. it has however completely stopped me from getting any work done today. i dont want to see my bro get his life ruined by this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast