Closed Thread
Page 122 of 149 FirstFirst ... 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Better?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    From what people have stated it's similar to Twilight Scythe's properties.
    This is correct. Atonement is much different, if I understand spirit damage correctly. It certainly doesn't suffer the same severe penalty that Atonement/Spirits Within do on new NMs, and unlike them it's subject to pDIF.

MAB does not affect it. It's a normal physical WS aside from fTP transferring to all hits and ignoring any penalties or bonuses to physical damage type. This makes it fairly useful for things that normally take reduced slashing damage (bones if you don't have Banish III applied, Temperance, etc), along with being somewhat useful for Pil. Doesn't ignore -DT/-PDT though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Are there any "special defenses" that Requiescat and the Twilight scythe go through that Tomahawk does not take down? Can Tomahawk remove Pil's shield?

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does Tomahawk remove Invincible?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You mean like invinc only gives 100% -pdt and tomahawk could technically affect that? Doubt it. I thought invince just simply negated all phys dmg

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What's better for mass rapage (by lolmelee RDM) in abyssea, with Requiescat? Still VV/RR/GH despite it not being a crit WS? Or something like VV, Stout Arm, Alpha and Omega?

Up until now, I'd been using Ultimate/Gales/Sea Daughter and spamming 2k a.edges on groups of mobs for my trials (ones that I didn't do out of abyssea, anyway). Now I have Manticores, which aren't a.edge friendly (-50% wind damage) and seem like I kill them faster with a 1-by-1 setup rather than a gather-and-aoe setup. Question is, best way to do that when my best WS is a non-critting Requiescat.

I did some preliminary testing, eyeball only, and felt like VV/RR/GH was still faster than going STR/Attack atmas, and /DNC felt faster than /WAR. Just wondering if anyone had any additional tweaks to make my next Firesday a little more productive.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Rancor Collar for Drakesbane
    Using Rancorous Mantle + Justicar's Torque.

I'll keep Mala in for Jumps (/mage, /sam requires Hyoui's for Soul Jump at least) though it will have a minimal impact on WS frequency as every time OAT lance procs on either Spirit or Soul, you'll end up at/over 100% TP.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    What's better for mass rapage (by lolmelee RDM) in abyssea, with Requiescat? Still VV/RR/GH despite it not being a crit WS? Or something like VV, Stout Arm, Alpha and Omega?

Up until now, I'd been using Ultimate/Gales/Sea Daughter and spamming 2k a.edges on groups of mobs for my trials (ones that I didn't do out of abyssea, anyway). Now I have Manticores, which aren't a.edge friendly (-50% wind damage) and seem like I kill them faster with a 1-by-1 setup rather than a gather-and-aoe setup. Question is, best way to do that when my best WS is a non-critting Requiescat.

I did some preliminary testing, eyeball only, and felt like VV/RR/GH was still faster than going STR/Attack atmas, and /DNC felt faster than /WAR. Just wondering if anyone had any additional tweaks to make my next Firesday a little more productive.
    Even blau dolch/str shamshir and evis is better than requi inside, can you really not use Evis?

Assumed atmas were RR/SS/Apoc for blau and VV/Apoc/A/O for Requi.

RR was still better than VV even for Requi setup.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    I'll keep Mala in for Jumps (/mage, /sam requires Hyoui's for Soul Jump at least) though it will have a minimal impact on WS frequency as every time OAT lance procs on either Spirit or Soul, you'll end up at/over 100% TP.
    TP does boost damage for any WS a drg would be using. 40 extra TP is 4%? extra crit for Drakes or a decent chunk of fTP on all hits for Star.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Oh, I know that, that's why I only mentioned frequency and not damage . It's just I'm assuming it's prioritised after OAT, so it'd be a lot less than 2%, prolly only 1~1.2%. But then again Soul/Spirit are Crits so attack from Justicar's prolly not doing a huge amount either. Guess I'll stick with Mala for Jumps.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Oh, I know that, that's why I only mentioned frequency and not damage . It's just I'm assuming it's prioritised after OAT, so it'd be a lot less than 2%, prolly only 1~1.2%. But then again Soul/Spirit are Crits so attack from Justicar's prolly not doing a huge amount either. Guess I'll stick with Mala for Jumps.
    OAX procs last after QA TA DA. Ridill had fewer triples on WAR than say, DRK due to DA overwriting the OA3.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone know where to find a good list of the best WS per job out of the available merit WS? I'm on a run to do a bunch of jobs as high as I can, and was wondering what would be most worthwhile assuming I had every job available and skilled properly. So far, Extenterator is 5/5 I have 1/5 Blade: Shun, but I wasn't sure if I should keep it or upgrade it, switching to a different WS in the process? Thoughts?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Blade Shun is the best non-Empy Katana WS.

That said, unless you're on NIN a lot, you're probably better off using the WS on another job. There are certainly more than 3 that are worthwhile, so you really have to pick by job rather than by WS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Neisan View Post
    Even blau dolch/str shamshir and evis is better than requi inside, can you really not use Evis?

Assumed atmas were RR/SS/Apoc for blau and VV/Apoc/A/O for Requi.

RR was still better than VV even for Requi setup.
    I do have Evisceration, just hadn't considered it. My offhand would of course be the trial weapon, so I'm limited on weapon choice. I'll give that a try and see how it feels. Dagger WS had just seemed weak to me I'm the past, but haven't really used it much in abyssea outside of a.edge.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gains alot of ground inside even with a weaker main hand, I just copypasta my CDC build for Evis though. Eat food if you can get a brd or blu to help do so and you'll be fine.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yekyaa View Post
    Anyone know where to find a good list of the best WS per job out of the available merit WS? I'm on a run to do a bunch of jobs as high as I can, and was wondering what would be most worthwhile assuming I had every job available and skilled properly. So far, Extenterator is 5/5 I have 1/5 Blade: Shun, but I wasn't sure if I should keep it or upgrade it, switching to a different WS in the process? Thoughts?
    I still have trouble picking which one is better between Evisceration or Exenterator. Part of the reason might be that it's easier to get 50% crit rate than 50% DA on WS.

From 5/5 Shoha, 5/5 Last Stand, and 5/5 Exenterator. I found Exenterator is the most lacking from those 3 fully merited WS, in comparison to non-meritted WS available.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Rings for upheaval? If the asnwer is 7vit rings, then how much worse would STR rings be? I can use STR rings for resolution so would be nice to save gil/inventory.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Spiral + Terrasoul is ideal, I don't know exactly how much will affect performance using STR rings.

Depends on what you're fighting, stacking VIT isn't going to be super sweet for everything.

What's better for drakesbane as far as hand slot goes, af3 hands STR/DEX+8 ACC+10 DA+4% vs augmented hecahands+1 that set at STR+8 DEX+5 ACC+4 CRIT DMG +4%?

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by VZX01 View Post
    I still have trouble picking which one is better between Evisceration or Exenterator. Part of the reason might be that it's easier to get 50% crit rate than 50% DA on WS.

From 5/5 Shoha, 5/5 Last Stand, and 5/5 Exenterator. I found Exenterator is the most lacking from those 3 fully merited WS, in comparison to non-meritted WS available.
    Wow really? I'm finding Exenterator poos all over Evisceration outside.

Re: Drg. I'm using Aug. Heca+1 for Drakesbane (And spirit/Soul jump) over Af3+2, but I could be wrong.