Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Better?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    PUP VSmite:

If you have the same setup for WS that I'm looking at, Alcide's will perform 0.003% better than AF3+2.

Moogle body with STR/DEX is a big improvement though.
    Thanks Church. What setup are you talking about?

Also, STR and DEX + 5 and....accuracy +10 on the Moogle body is better than emp +2 body? How so?

Worded it wrong.

So the body comes with 5str/5dex, augments would be 10attack 3%crithitrate.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Were those results obtained via Motenten's spreadsheet Churchill?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Since we're talking pup, it is pretty safe to assume one augment is already used up for pet mab. So it is just 5 str 10 atk. Still, that easily beats alcide+1 unless you need the acc of course. As for ACP vs emp, 5 str will beat 10 attack unless your attack is unrealistically low.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Were those results obtained via Motenten's spreadsheet Churchill?
    Yeah, had to use that because I'm not entirely sure what gear PUP can actually use, so I just played with that a bit to see what would be better for his question. DEX is doing nothing for you in Abys, so it really comes down to accuracy which generally isn't a problem either. I remember seeing him post a gear question before for Dragua, and had thought at the time using AF3 body was questionable but again, wasn't sure what was really available for PUP to begin with.

Setup I used was:
    Vere90/Thew
    Moogle STR/AGI/Rancor/Brutal/STR ear
    Mooglebody/Cirque+2/Rajas/Epona's
    Pantin(Is there anything better for this slot?)/Bier/Usukane/Cirque+2

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Couple things to note then: since you gave an exact percentage, I'm guessing you didn't vary mob stats at all. While both attack and critdmg gain value as cRatio decreases, it's still worth keeping in mind. So is food. Also, since the spreadsheet uses cRatio instead of pDIF for all its calculations it's going to undervalue attack slightly and overrate critrate/critdmg for the same reason given that crits adjust pDIFa rather than cRatio. It'll overrate them even more if fighting something where level correction isn't an issue due to the 3.0 cap on pDIFa (crits can exceed this value).

Good to know, I hadn't thought of that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Pantin(Is there anything better for this slot?)
    Vellaunus' Mantle.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Since we are on the topic of pup, how does enkidu's harness rate as body WS peice ?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Same as an ACP body with 10 attack, assuming ACPs dex isn't doing anything for you. If you don't have smite then emp+2 is likely the best option, since pummel's str mod is low.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Couple things to note then: since you gave an exact percentage, I'm guessing you didn't vary mob stats at all. While both attack and critdmg gain value as cRatio decreases, it's still worth keeping in mind. So is food. Also, since the spreadsheet uses cRatio instead of pDIF for all its calculations it's going to undervalue attack slightly and overrate critrate/critdmg for the same reason given that crits adjust pDIFa rather than cRatio. It'll overrate them even more if fighting something where level correction isn't an issue due to the 3.0 cap on pDIFa (crits can exceed this value).
    cratio should have no effect on the value of +crit dmg as it is just a direct multiple. Crit rate though sure.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    cratio should have no effect on the value of +crit dmg as it is just a direct multiple. Crit rate though sure.
    Seeing how crits are more valuable as pDIF decreases and critdmg only affects crits...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Seeing how crits are more valuable as pDIF decreases and critdmg only affects crits...
    Ah you meant to overall dmg then? Then sure I'll buy that. But since it's value on the crits dmg stays the same and we have some rather high crit rates the effects are rather minimal compared to say crit rate or att. None if you had 100% crit rate

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, had to use that because I'm not entirely sure what gear PUP can actually use, so I just played with that a bit to see what would be better for his question. DEX is doing nothing for you in Abys, so it really comes down to accuracy which generally isn't a problem either. I remember seeing him post a gear question before for Dragua, and had thought at the time using AF3 body was questionable but again, wasn't sure what was really available for PUP to begin with.

Setup I used was:
    Vere90/Thew
    Moogle STR/AGI/Rancor/Brutal/STR ear
    Mooglebody/Cirque+2/Rajas/Epona's
    Pantin(Is there anything better for this slot?)/Bier/Usukane/Cirque+2
    Good stuff, thank you. Interesting choice for ammo though wouldn't you lose your TP switching from your animator?

Also, do you prefer AoA, RR, and VV or do you use AoA, RR, and GH? I still feel I am getting better results with VV due to the huge STR bonus and regain/DA but I am aware that GH provides that sexy critical attack bonus.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Good stuff, thank you. Interesting choice for ammo though wouldn't you lose your TP switching from your animator?

Also, do you prefer AoA, RR, and VV or do you use AoA, RR, and GH? I still feel I am getting better results with VV due to the huge STR bonus and regain/DA but I am aware that GH provides that sexy critical attack bonus.
    GH is crit rate and counter+, and it probably does more for you than VV will.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

AoA,SS,RR.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fred Gimyajan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Best brew WS for Isgebind that's not Wildfire? I was thinking either Sanguine Blade or Cataclysm (based on my wife's jobs, she's brewing it [war/mnk/whm/smn/dnc/sam/drg]). Also, what would the ideal atma combination be? I figured those WS would probably end up doing the most damage. I was thinking Cosmos + Banisher + smiting blow/ultimate for atma combination.

Depends, for pure DD AoA/SS/RR like posted, GH is another option while not giving you the same raw damage, does give you an AGI boost/counter boost.

I don't know about the animator, is it a ranged item or an ammo item? If ammo then you can change for no penalty.

Isgebind: Same question for myself, is Red Lotus Blade a decent WS to use,assuming 2x affinity and smiting blow? (200% fTP is 2.75)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It is ranged, you pretty much only use thew on stuff where your automaton is dying constantly to aoes and it isn't worth using maneuvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    Best brew WS for Isgebind that's not Wildfire? I was thinking either Sanguine Blade or Cataclysm (based on my wife's jobs, she's brewing it [war/mnk/whm/smn/dnc/sam/drg]). Also, what would the ideal atma combination be? I figured those WS would probably end up doing the most damage. I was thinking Cosmos + Banisher + smiting blow/ultimate for atma combination.
    I used cataclysm with cosmos/griffon's claw/smiting blow. WS did about 12k to 15k and it takes about 6 or 7 WS to kill it depending on luck and wether or not someone else is pitching in. If you can kill it in no more than 7 WS, then you can do 4 back to back if you're fast (and obviously more if you pop multiples).

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast