+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

maybe somebody posted your phone number in the threads on 4chan, "if you don't like them post their contact info"?

There was a number only edition going on earlier today ;o

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tifrece View Post
    I used to get a few calls from people looking for a guy named Jeremy, took around a year and a half for the calls to stop coming in. While on the subject, I get way too many advertisement calls/texts, shit's really annoying. Are those common or did my provider sell my number to someone?
    Dunno how it is in your State, but in Canada we have a whitelist we can opt to sign up on that essentially says "Hey, don't fucking call this number" to companies. Of course some international companies/scammers abused the list a few years back, but that has been dealt with since then.

Also, I can't fucking stand txt-speak. Proper English or gtfo. Can't fit it within your letter-limit? Be more concise!

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stumblingdrunk View Post
    lol
    haha i cracked up there too. i enjoyed the lols here. mr freeze line was wunderbar

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I can't think of a "case of mistaken identity" without thinking of this:

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Fucking awesome lol. I love that you mentioned Shaniqua at one point too because that song was the first thing that came to mind reading this lol.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tifrece View Post
    I used to get a few calls from people looking for a guy named Jeremy, took around a year and a half for the calls to stop coming in. While on the subject, I get way too many advertisement calls/texts, shit's really annoying. Are those common or did my provider sell my number to someone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Dunno how it is in your State, but in Canada we have a whitelist we can opt to sign up on that essentially says "Hey, don't fucking call this number" to companies. Of course some international companies/scammers abused the list a few years back, but that has been dealt with since then.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

every time you get a new number you should always put it on this list.

And if you still get calls, file complaints through there. (note: if a business is non-profit they are exempt and if you give a business your number via a sign up sheet then they are allowed to call youso don't bother reporting those).

ontopic:

lol at the texting. About 6 years ago I had an issue where some dude kept giving out my number as a fake number when he was hanging out with chicks. For weeks I was getting different girls on the phone asking for "Dishaun". Wasn't a big deal until this one woman flipped the fuck out on me, claiming I knew where he was and she was going to beat the living shit out of me unless I put him on the phone etc. etc.. I had to change numbers lol.

Celeste

Fucking Illinois, how does they work!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post

Also, I can't fucking stand txt-speak. Proper English or gtfo. Can't fit it within your letter-limit? Be more concise!
    Delicious :D

Seriously though, waiting hungrily for round 2. We fuck with people on the phone here at the office all the time. Always some printer ink salesman or debt collector calling for the old owner of the company who died 4 years ago. So much fun....

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

There's a difference between using gtfo nd talkin like dis, oh, hell, I can't even fake bad English if I try. -_- You know what I mean.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    There's a difference between using gtfo nd talkin like dis, oh, hell, I can't even fake bad English if I try. -_- You know what I mean.
    Exactly certain abbreviations are acceptable but using shortcuts on every other word just makes you sound retarded and those people should have their phones/computers/typing devices taken away. Very funny read by the way.

The one time I had some dude text my cell phone late at night looking for some chick I messed with him for a while then eventually sent him a photo of my dogs butt to make him go away.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I had one of these a few days ago:
    Them: Wat up
    Me: Who is this?
    Them: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...dcrane/970.jpg
    Me: Wrong number bro.
    Them: Dis not nae
    Me: Nope.
    Them: My bad

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    I know, just made me lulz :D

Tagus

lol... I saw a guy selling AK's out of the back of his trunk on the hill. Fucking crazy shit out there in East Joliet, yo. Not even joking... I think it was a blue 4 door. You should ask him about it, can't imagine he's not a well-known guy if he's selling that shit in broad daylight.

Ridill
    BG Level

Looks like the fun is over. Haven't gotten any new responses.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If sim cards with cheap text deals (ideally none contract) are of abundance, buy a temporary sim card and call/text the same person back.

Then post results!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I enjoyed this. Best line: Like I’m seriously confused as to whom I’m trying to pretend to be.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I remember one time I went and sent my wife a bit of a raunchy text. The first half of the text got to her, the last half somehow got re-routed to some random guy in the same state she lived in. Was pretty hilarious since he got the worst of the raunchy part.