1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 12 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 21 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Calemero View Post
    Unless you have the keyboard skills of OGSMC on cocaine, then you likely won't survive as melee DD on ogre; which is why we run with THM/CON/ARC/GLA. For Batraal, melee DD is OK but ARC/THM still out damages everything.
    We've got a solid strat for using melee, it's probably more tedious then with pure range, but it works. Completely farm status on that boss.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Balnazzar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    We've got a solid strat for using melee, it's probably more tedious then with pure range, but it works. Completely farm status on that boss.
    are you jousting in and out or is it more of a positional thing?

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Calemero View Post
    are you jousting in and out or is it more of a positional thing?
    positional, constant auto attack

If still having trouble on Ogre, try to take 1GLA and the rest THM / CON. Dots completely own him, and it seems when he gets 40-50% he takes even more damage from the DOTS (maybe everything I assume) but also seems to hit much harder and faster? You don't need ALL mages, but the more you have the easier the fight is, Bio, Dia, Shock and the like, totally destroy him.

And like others have said, our problem was the tank running up and down when the ghosts would phase, the key is to stay close to him, and use sentinal / obsess / rampart during phases. With buffs the tank can survive if gets hit by the ghost aoe, just make sure mages are ready with a fast cure.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Krelian View Post
    This takes me back about 8 years to the first video I saw of sky in XI with Ondori and Twentytwo on ranger against genbu; that video which basically got us into XI end game. So here we are and there Twentytwo is again in a bg video ! ! (Edit: and on ranger!!!)
    Thats not 22 on Ranger lol, that's "Rich" or Calemero on the forums, he stole 22's name and 22 is the GLD Twentytwo Obv. Are you the Krelian from Midgard? if so... long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddle Sticks View Post
    You don't need ALL mages, but the more you have the easier the fight is, Bio, Dia, Shock and the like, totally destroy him.
    The thing is, the more mages you have, correct me if I'm wrong someone else doing this strategy, the longer you will drag the fight on. He does seem to "rage" at some stages throughout the fight after 50%, if you DPS/DD are not ready to take em down by this time withing 2-3 phases with constant BR's (2 per phase), your in deep.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    The thing is, the more mages you have, correct me if I'm wrong someone else doing this strategy, the longer you will drag the fight on. He does seem to "rage" at some stages throughout the fight after 50%, if you DPS/DD are not ready to take em down by this time withing 2-3 phases with constant BR's (2 per phase), your in deep.
    You don't need BR and the rage you're talking about is just normal tp reactions. If mobs have tp below 50% they tend to spam.

As I haVent got passed the Ogre yet, hopefully tonight, as preparation im wondering what the picture of the skeleton is on the maps posted above please :D and any particular strategy for this unless its just a case of the blue lights again

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

A single Roaming Soul'd Poison can take off 10% of the ogre's HP (*'-')

no mages do not drag the fight out, I'm telling you, dots destroy below 40%. And lol we thought the same EXACT thing about "Rage". I'm willing to bet 5mil gil, that you are doing exactly what we were doing, and that is your tank is running out of range and getting everyone blasted with Fire Spit. Walk him up and down, make sure the tank is staying with melee range of Ogre at all times.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

thm is the best dd in the game...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Balnazzar

Quote Originally Posted by Mav View Post
    thm is the best dd in the game...
    yeah but my penis is bigger :<

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    A single Roaming Soul'd Poison can take off 10% of the ogre's HP (*'-')
    Exaggeration.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Balnazzar

Our LS, Dreadnought, on Saronia just took out Batraal at 9:10. Haven't seen the video but I'm sure our strats can't be too far off.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I never expected people to be that excited over an XIV event so soon... Great work~

I really hope they remove the party size minimum. I would like to at least go in and pop a few chests solo instead of standing around for an hour waiting outside of Thousand Maws.

I'm coming across so many people that won't invite me because 36 is too high level... Claiming they don't want to play it on "easy mode" and want a challenge. Eh? I just want loot and company seals. I'm surprised so many people are trying to induce their own difficulty on themselves... instead of just getting 50 and playing a real dungeon.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zisa Midvalley
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Once you turn in the quests for these raids, do any new company quests become available? Or can you redo the raid quests? If not, then I'll have be careful with how I spend company seals until the next patch.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Zisa View Post
    Once you turn in the quests for these raids, do any new company quests become available? Or can you redo the raid quests? If not, then I'll have be careful with how I spend company seals until the next patch.
    This is it for now; you can't repeat Into the Dark, but you can do it once for each company.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Keep wiping to ogre @ 30-40%. Y'all werent kidding about the TP spam lol. Shit's fun though, I'm very pleased with this update

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah, gotta control it with Twisting Vice and Siphon TP. It gets pretty bad once he gets below 20%. We are able to take it out with close-range melee pretty easy in any case. Having 2 Lancers helps though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast