1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

We make good time though, we engage the ogre with about 38min or so remaining.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    We make good time though, we engage the ogre with about 38min or so remaining.
    should be engaging 45 min + tbh. You're gonna need it later.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Took batraal down to 25%ish tonight during a surprise run (We didnt plan on going in today haha) We'll have it down on teusday for sure :D

special thanks to BG on the video, probably would have taken us a bit longer to figure this one out otherwise.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Are there any items that can be used to enhance defenses on yourself for the fight? Got it down to 20% on my frist try so think once we practice a bit more we got this.

EDIT: Just seems to be Ironhide/Ironwill Ungents ATM. Anyone try them and notice a difference? Or are they the same as Pro/Shell II?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Maybe some Ironhide/Ironwill Ungents? You can get quite a few of them with a small amount of company seals if I recall correctly.

BG Level

Just edited about that. Notice it seems to be a protect/shell effect so curious if that stacks with the spells or overwrites them.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Haven't seen the video but I'm sure our strats can't be too far off.
    It's pretty much the same strat I'm sure. I think it's funny that most groups figured it out roughly at the same time. Our Batman kill was late last night but we already had all the info we needed. Once you've got the game plan, it seems so simple (in hindsight). Definitely nerve-racking to execute the first time!

Kudos to linkshells for not providing too much information. Discovering the strats and gimmicks for the dungeon was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Yeah, gotta control it with Twisting Vice and Siphon TP. It gets pretty bad once he gets below 20%. We are able to take it out with close-range melee pretty easy in any case. Having 2 Lancers helps though.
    Really? I found Twisting Vice doing fuck-all against the ogre, even above 50% HP.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Batraal is not 100% drop. We got 4 pieces of dark matter.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    Really? I found Twisting Vice doing fuck-all against the ogre, even above 50% HP.
    I've *very* rarely gotten a move to cancel out because of twisting vice. Generally though, I don't see it doing much.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Siphon TP seems to make the difference much moreso than post-nerf Twisting Vice

BG Level

Twisting Vice seems pretty bad now. I haven't canceled out anything with it.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    Siphon TP seems to make the difference much moreso than post-nerf Twisting Vice
    Is there any chance of landing Siphon TP on a DoW class?

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Is there any chance of landing Siphon TP on a DoW class?

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk
    Definitely.

BG Level

Beat the Ogre, but no clue on the final boss xD

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Final Boss hits like a little bitch tbh. If you have a DoM semi-dedicated to keep MT up after it hits 50% and starts really spamming WS, everything on that end should be fine. I use a bladed lantern shield with ambi for 16 seconds of pretty good coverage, cycle aegis/deflect, and use one of the 3 different blink abilities when it charges up a WS. Try to tank it out of the way, like between the pillars by where it's standing after the c/s, for ease of kiting adds.

I'm that tank in the little hole, so I can't see what my PT is really doing. We are exploiting the ARC vs Adds strategy with accompanying DoM and activating the eye-freezing switches. When the adds are down, we execute regimen on NM as much as possible (ruin with light shots + WS > WS > spell, we're thinking fire does more damage) before we have more adds. The only advice beyond that is a) get there as quickly as you can, and b) bring lots of ARCs and CONs.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

We'll see what works after this 7.5 hour maintenance...

New Odin
    BG Level

System maintenance? I doubt the game is altered in any way D:

Also, LEVEL CAPS. Fuck the CoP haters. This game needs- requires level caps.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shinma View Post
    Final Boss hits like a little bitch tbh. If you have a DoM semi-dedicated to keep MT up after it hits 50% and starts really spamming WS, everything on that end should be fine. I use a bladed lantern shield with ambi for 16 seconds of pretty good coverage, cycle aegis/deflect, and use one of the 3 different blink abilities when it charges up a WS. Try to tank it out of the way, like between the pillars by where it's standing after the c/s, for ease of kiting adds.

I'm that tank in the little hole, so I can't see what my PT is really doing. We are exploiting the ARC vs Adds strategy with accompanying DoM and activating the eye-freezing switches. When the adds are down, we execute regimen on NM as much as possible (ruin with light shots + WS > WS > spell, we're thinking fire does more damage) before we have more adds. The only advice beyond that is a) get there as quickly as you can, and b) bring lots of ARCs and CONs.
    So do you know what it can do for weaponskills? Anything that can be deadly for a melee if you attack from the sides?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    We'll see what works after this 7.5 hour maintenance...
    Do we know the purpose of this yet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast