FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/2011-p...spider-man.jpg

The Ultimate Spider-Man is set to premiere on Disney XD on April 1. Spidey will be part of an entire programming block of Marvel superhero content that will include Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and the Hulk. MTV reports that The Ultimate Spider-Man will serve as the "centerpiece" for the "Marvel Universe" programming.

The TV block will also have animated shorts, live-action bits, as well as the return of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which began in late 2010. Drake Bell (Nickelodeon's Drake & Josh) lends his voice as Spider-Man. The story focuses on "teenage Peter Parker who has just recently found himself recruited in Nick Fury's S.H.I.E.L.D., working with four – as yet unnamed – other superheroes." JK Simmons will voice J. Jonah Jameson and Stan Lee is going to cameo as "Stan the Janitor."

Here is what Joseph Loeb, head of Marvel TV had to say about the show:

"'Marvel Universe' block is an incredible animated ride filled with fantastic action and adventure. The spectacular team of writers and animators capture stories with all the dynamic fun you can imagine. Disney XD is the perfect place for families and Marvel fans of all ages to come together every Sunday."
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/1/11...-in-april.html

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

thought the Marvel TV panel happened at WonderCon already, but I can't seem to find a recap. Anyway, a few tidbits slipped into other panels

AKA Jessica Jones is the first show to be out.
    They are looking to make a show based on The Punisher
    Marvel TV opened their own animation studio.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

We haven't heard much about the Hulk TV series that Guillermo del Toro is developing for Marvel and ABC, since we heard the network hoped it would be premiering sometime next year. Del Toro recently sat down with MTV at Comic-Con to give an update on where the production currently stands,

I have had a couple of minutes with Marvel since 'Avengers,' and they have the screenplay. We're waiting for a particular writer to do a rewrite on the pilot. That's where we are right now. But we're still on.
    He then goes on to share his thoughts on Joss Whedon's The Avengers saying,

I think 'Avengers' is beautiful because you give a movie like that -- that size, that scope -- to a guy that has the tone and the pulse of those things dead on, and that's beauty or curse, you know?
    I don't know, but I'll take it as a compliment. It's great to hear everything is falling in line and that things are moving forward. This series is going to be a huge hit, and I can't wait to see what Del Toro has planned! I know Mark Ruffalo won't be playing Bruce Banner in the series, but I hope the series carrying over the same tone and dynamic.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/7/20...-still-on.html
    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/07/19...ermo-del-toro/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Deadline
    EXCLUSIVE: After scoring huge at the box-office with its Avengers movie, Marvel is looking to explore the mythology on the small screen too. I’ve learned that Marvel’s TV division is in conversation with ABC and ABC Studios about doing a drama series in the Avengers world. I hear that the the connection to the Avengers franchise would be light as the project is expected to be set in the universe and feature some of its themes and feel but may not include any characters from Joss Whedon’s blockbuster. I hear the project is in a nascent stage, described as “a kernel of an idea,” with a number of scenarios explored, including a high-concept cop show. Marvel has already given the Avengers the animated treatment with Disney XD’s The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and the upcoming Avengers Assemble.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ABCs orders S.H.I.E.L.D. show, Joss Whedon to write
    Three weeks after Disney CEO Robert Iger announced Joss Whedon would create a Marvel-related TV series for ABC, the network has made good on his vow.
    ABC has given pilot orders to S.H.I.E.L.D, with the Avengers scribe on board to co-write the project based on the Marvel comic, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

From ABC Studios, the project is based on the long-running comic created by Jack Kirby and revolves around the secret military law enforcement agency dubbed S.H.I.E.L.D., which stands for Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistic Directorate.

Whedon is on board to co-pen the pilot alongside his brother Jed Whedon, and his wife, Maurissa Tancharoen, who all previously teamed on the three-part web series Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. (The CW will air the Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion, Felicia Day starrer in October.) Avengers and Buffy the Vampire Slayer mastermind Whedon will direct the pilot, should his schedule permit.

Production on the live-action project will begin immediately, with Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Tancharoen executive producing alongside Jeffrey Bell and Marvel TV's Jeph Loeb.

S.H.I.E.L.D. marks Whedon's return to the small screen. He most recently served as showrunner on Dollhouse, in addition to cult favorites Buffy andFirefly. Tancharoen and Jed Whedon were writer-producers on Dollhouse as well as Starz's Spartacus.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I came.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Character bios for the S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show

SKYE
    This late-20s woman sounds like a dream: fun, smart, caring and confident – with an ability to get the upper hand by using her wit and charm.
    AGENT GRANT WARD
    Quite the physical specimen and “cool under fire,” he sometimes botches interpersonal relations. He’s a quiet one with a bit of a temper, but he’s the kind of guy that grows on you.
    AGENT ALTHEA RICE
    Also known as “The Calvary,” this hard-core soldier has crazy skills when it comes to weapons and being a pilot. But her experiences have left her very quiet and a little damaged.
    AGENT LEO FITZ and AGENT JEMMA SIMMONS
    These two came through training together and still choose to spend most of their time in each other’s company. Their sibling-like relationship is reinforced by their shared nerd tendencies – she deals with biology and chemistry, he’s a whiz at the technical side of weaponry.
    http://tvline.com/2012/10/01/joss-wh...e-l-d-casting/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Confirmed at NYCC.

Clark Gregg joins the cast of S.H.I.E.L.D. to reprise the role of Agent Coulson. No word on how he survives the events of Avengers yet.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm thinking Life Model Decoy.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Sources, sources, sources everywhere.

“He's headlining the S.H.I.E.L.D. show and always was.” said Whedon.
    Trolls. The lot of them. You don't understand the degree to which I love Agent Coulson, so I've basically been wailing at my PC screen for five minutes now.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    I'm thinking Life Model Decoy.
    Ah which one would be the LMD though? The one that was killed in the movie or the one that is in the TV show?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Ah which one would be the LMD though? The one that was killed in the movie or the one that is in the TV show?
    I hope TV Coulson is a LMD, would make the story way more interesting.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

"I just want to say because I won't have another chance to ask this -- 'Have you heard of a Life Model Decoy?'" asked Coulson. "I don't know if you've read the theories from the people on Twitter, but there's this guy called the Vision. I don't know if you saw the UK version of the DVD, but the blade wasn't coming out of his chest. There's a tesseract!"
    The second source I listed has a lot of good info from the panel. Sounds to me like they're still working out the details. Clark Gregg just tweeted he only found out a week ago.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wait what? A tesseract? What does this have to do with Vision? I CONFUS

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

They were pretty much pushing stuff out into that article as Clark Gregg was speaking, so I'm guessing there's some speech patterns, maybe side comments, and context that's gotten lost. That didn't make much sense to me, either. XD

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

This is a much better description of the panel's Coulson Lives announcement:
    http://pagebranson.tumblr.com/post/3...-with-pictures