+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Ollieyk

Didn't realise my post sounded so fanboy-esque. Sorry about that :-/

Comment still stands though, the gameplay elements in most Western RPG's is all fairly similar, and Dragon's Dogma seems to fall into this same category. For me at least.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was confused until I saw his souls avatar.

Yeah it came off like that

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ollieyk View Post

Comment still stands though, the gameplay elements in most Western RPG's is all fairly similar, and Dragon's Dogma seems to fall into this same category. For me at least.
    except that the three games you listed are all fairly different... lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Ollieyk View Post
    Don't know how you didn't realize it yourself. Everything you said ties back into how awesome you think Dark Souls is and how perfect the game is in your opinion.

Honestly sounds like you only came into the thread to talk about how much you like dark souls and how much this game is not dark souls

I hope I like this as much as I like Dark Souls. I think a lot of us do eh? I know there is only a bit of the demo that I can consider a 'just' representation of the final product. I hope to see some difficulty. Sure the Griffin has killed me a few times, but I feel like that is down to my own dumb ass choices and its luck, I want to see some actual challenge! I have high hopes that there will be some amazing action and engrossing events. Hope hope hope!

Judging by the one or two reviews I have seen so far, I think that some reviewers are going to come down on the game for lack of co-op and multiplayer. I really hope that the majority of reviews, however, review the game as it is and was intended to be... meaning a fair review.

Can't wait.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I wanna buy this game because I feel like I'll spend a lot of time on it which means spending less money in the long-run. I'm gonna need them to like release more gameplay videos or some gaming news people to give us a pre-emptive walkthrough to be sure otherwise I'm gonna wait for a price drop.

I feel like everything released so far, including the demo, don't give you a full idea of what this game is gonna be about. I like the chaotic nature but I still feel like I don't know shit about this game aside from the gameplay being fun for me. Not really good for making a well-rounded decision.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The demo has certainly convinced me to crank up the difficulty when I buy the game. I can only hope they troll like Valve did with the Left 4 Dead demo and the difficulty gets cranked up tremendously on the final product. Will be nice to laugh at myself midgame when I'm stuck because I got too ballsy.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

In the demo you are level 20, and I believe the countryside quest is one of the first quests you receive. I've seen some gameplay footage where people entered the field right outside gransys and were routed terribly fast by 5 or 6 goblins.

Well from what I understand Taco, there is no difficulty setting in DD. So I hope that the game just IS harder in full release, or I may just take fewer Pawns along with me to make things harder. Trying Griffin and Chimera solo or with 1 pawn is fun in the demo. I just hope that it won't resort to that in the full game.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ok, fair enough if they over leveled you for the demo since there's no difficulty setting. I guess if worse comes to worse on the difficulty, I'll do what other people are talking about and just not take pawns.

Another question for people who have kept more up on it. Are the griffins, chimeras, etc quest only enemies or are these normal things we'll run into? Would be nice to see them more than a one and done, but I'm not sure what to expect from enemy types. I've towed the line with keeping myself in the dark just enough to be surprised about the game when it comes out, but I've gotten really curious about this aspect of the game.

I haven't seen anything to imply that they weren't, but then I never expected (nor wanted to) run into the Capra Demon after the first time in Dark Souls =P If they do come back later, I haven't seen any outside of the areas we all know their quests are in. Well, those of us that have watched every video out there. Trolls seem to be more frequently encountered, as do Elemental Golems so who knows.

played the demo, combat seemed fun, not as fun as Dsouls but fun. Honestly tho why no real multiplayer? this game seems like capcoms way of making a monster hunterish for average americans(the easy route crowd) and you have all the components for multiplayer its just not there, seems silly. overall though ill prolly play it but idk if ill wanna pay 60$ for it...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post
    I haven't seen anything to imply that they weren't, but then I never expected (nor wanted to) run into the Capra Demon after the first time in Dark Souls =P If they do come back later, I haven't seen any outside of the areas we all know their quests are in. Well, those of us that have watched every video out there. Trolls seem to be more frequently encountered, as do Elemental Golems so who knows.
    Mmk. My fear with these types of game is it becomes a few and far between for the good enemies like your hydras, chimeras and what not, and ends up being a kill 100,000 goblins until you make it to the next boss that's been shown in a hundred press releases. I haven't had anything to incite that fear yet, but I was curious to know if they said if they were incorporating bosses as harder, uncommon enemies later that you could run into after you had beat them, or if there was enough of them to keep it fresh and not just slay a ton of goblins til you make it to everything you've seen.

I feel like I muddled that a bit, but hopefully you understand what I mean.

Oh I think I know exactly what you are saying/afraid of. I am a bit worried myself. But then I was worried about the same thing with Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Oh so there are just going to be a few skeletons in between the Bosses? Great... how boring. In the end it was anything but and the 'trash mobs' may have been reused all over the game, but the overall accomplishment you get from beating an area and a boss made the mobs in your way almost forgettable. I keep reading that the dev team really wants you to feel something from this game, a sense of adventure and of accomplishment. I really hope that they pull that off. If they do, then those goblins, or zombies or whatever is between myself and that Quest Boss won't matter as much as getting PAST the Boss.

I have seen some pretty cool minor mobs though, the mindflayers I saw in a recent video I had never seen before in any of the other clips. I have hopes, I just hope they don't prove too high.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Mmk. My fear with these types of game is it becomes a few and far between for the good enemies like your hydras, chimeras and what not, and ends up being a kill 100,000 goblins until you make it to the next boss that's been shown in a hundred press releases. I haven't had anything to incite that fear yet, but I was curious to know if they said if they were incorporating bosses as harder, uncommon enemies later that you could run into after you had beat them, or if there was enough of them to keep it fresh and not just slay a ton of goblins til you make it to everything you've seen.

I feel like I muddled that a bit, but hopefully you understand what I mean.
    the big mythical creatures they referred to them as 'open world mini bosses'. In some of the previews it showed people running into giant orcs, chimeras, etc., It wasn't like a field full of chimera, but you may run into a chim nest/environment along the way and be attacked. Explained in one of the earlier previews they said they are not just quest or storyline creatures, but exist in the open as you will need materials from them for crafting and such.

Hmm, have there been many videos containing crafting info? I wonder if it is very indepth or not. It is one of the game's aspects I don't know much about.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Not to my knowledge. I'd like to see the skills system too, but I guess it doesn't matter now only 20 more days till release.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

only crafting vid I know of, not much

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Looks very resident evil to me. Not a bad thing.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I have a strong hunch that this game will be boring. It seems like some sort of Monster Hunter/White Knight Chronicles mashup that resolves zero of the reasons I found those games unbearable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast