BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Good thing there's lizards in BBI

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So I installed that wickfutENB preset posted a while ago, game looks fantastic.

However my loading times when loading into Gransys are like 90+ seconds and the game is installed on my SSD. Only other mod I have installed is Don't Blind Me and I have the in-game AA turned off like the instructions said and all that shit. Anybody else have this problem?

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

that chained up cyclops is the stupidest fucking mob in the game. Holy shit. The cursed dragon spawned in that room and the cyclops took care of it for me with barely a scratch on him

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Oh yea so I've finally started doing BBI and ran into that frickin dragon and even my super pawns couldn't dent it. Also I just left the chained up cyclops chilling cuz I'm not sure why it's there. Why is it there? Should I whack at it while it's chained up and hope to kill it?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I assume you're talking about the first undead Dragon you encounter. Just need to target the bitches heart and go to town. Even on hard mode most of the strider based classes can kill that bitch in the span of a single stamina bar.

As for the big ass Gore Cyclops, it breaks free from its restraints after it loses half of its first health bar. If you do want to fight it, climb up to the back of its neck and break off the mask before it gets loose, makes things alot easier.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I assume you're talking about the first undead Dragon you encounter. Just need to target the bitches heart and go to town. Even on hard mode most of the strider based classes can kill that bitch in the span of a single stamina bar.

As for the big ass Gore Cyclops, it breaks free from its restraints after it loses half of its first health bar. If you do want to fight it, climb up to the back of its neck and break off the mask before it gets loose, makes things alot easier.
    iirc, it's been a while, but unless it's changed in the PC version, if you want to kill a gore cyclops at a low level and are a class with a bow and arrow there are rooms with places on the second floor on railings where you can perch up and always be able to shoot it without ever getting hit. Also ones where you can get hit but moving left and right a bit makes it path like a retard.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Or as any class you can keep positioning yourself behind its left foot and it'll never hit you unless you are super retarded.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I wish combat for red vocations was a little more fleshed out, if was fun playing the main game as Fighter/Warrior, but once I reached BBI I felt somewhat forced to switch to assassin, the game is way easier being able to use skills while climbing on Cyclopes/Ogres/Bosses and having a bow for liches/flying monsters, after playing a bit as Assassin/Strider, Warrior/Fighter feels a tad lackluster.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I haven't found the time to play this for like, two weeks, but I'm ambivalent about switching away from Warrior. I like the skillset, and I'm already running into issues with flying enemies and the like, but I know if I change I'll never be back. What a pain.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

So far Magic Archer is my favorite. Being able to switch between mid-spells or daggers is really nice

I was able to cheese out the armored cyclops by finding a safe-spot and just shooting it full of six-fold shot. stupid bastard. I don't feel guilty doing it that way with that guy.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

btw, does anyone else love the Condemned Gorecyclops battle music? I know I sure do.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    So far Magic Archer is my favorite. Being able to switch between mid-spells or daggers is really nice

I was able to cheese out the armored cyclops by finding a safe-spot and just shooting it full of six-fold shot. stupid bastard. I don't feel guilty doing it that way with that guy.
    Wait till you get bouncing arrows and a narrow corridor and you can lure a gorehound in there, One shot that bitch.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I decided to see what all this BBI fuss was about and ran out there with my unkillable pawn and no one else, just to get a feel for the place. Ended up finding a hammer that beats the everloving shit out of my dragonforged greatsword. I'm only slightly worried I just broke apart the rest of the main story.

Really, I was just hoping to find a box to get Arc of Obliteration unlocked.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

bumping this thread to complain that i can't fully enjoy the Witcher 3 because I just keep wishing it had the tight combat and control of Dragon's Dogma. SO THANKS A LOT

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    bumping this thread to complain that i can't fully enjoy the Witcher 3 because I just keep wishing it had the tight combat and control of Dragon's Dogma. SO THANKS A LOT
    Now the combat is something totally different but I'd like to take this moment to reintroduce you to the "Tales of" series.
    This could be you someday.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGIbaMjBmfg

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Capcom is really milking the lack of BC between PS3 and PS4 for all it's worth. They must be worried Square-Enix is trying to encroach on their re-release market.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

My lonely ass needs some people on my PC friendslist for this game.
    rollzroyce15

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries