+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G
    don't take the job if you can't deal with it
    This can't be said enough. Every time some one brings up the stress a cop goes through, I just think of this and wonder why enough people don't bring this up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Every time I've been pulled over, they ask if I have anything in the car, they always questioned me then my passengers, and they also cleared out the fucking car before searching it. They were too fucking pre-occupied with the "pimp" and ho.

Maybe that's just how they get down in Ohio...

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Ronfar View Post
    If you listen to the full video you can hear the dispatcher tell the cops he has a permit for the gun. She fucked up being slow on that information.
    I wouldn't say so, she had to look up the other people as well, bad luck on the order maybe. (I watched the whole thing).

But you can't remotely think cops aren't supposed to secure/ask in that type of situation. As others said, the guy went in the car without even securing the driver. His life is on the line in that type of situation, can't be careless.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I have a completely different view honestly. Not siding with that dick of a cop, but everyone who is defending them talks about how their life was on the line..... look, I carry a gun to protect myself. I have every right to have said gun and never once in this life have I chose the violent path. Why do cops think they have the right to remove my gun or get in my face about having it? If i'm legally allowed to have it, I will never understand how it's ok for them to remove it for their "safety". For my safety, in the case of that dick in the video, I should be allowed to keep it for defense of myself. It's pure discrimination to do it as a just in case situation or to make them feel more comfortable. Laws are Laws, but I dont get that one. I agree you should let them know, but beyond that, don't touch my fucking gun or my person without cause.

I don't actually own a gun permit, nor have I always chosen the non violent path. I am a convicted felon with no rights by our government. I do have a fiance and brother who carry. I can't imagine what I'd feel or do if told they had their lives threatened by a police officer.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Cops like that are the reason nobody trusts them. I don't know how it is in Ohio, but I don't think he should have even been in that car searching it while there were people inside. I'm pretty sure he would need a reasonable cause to even search, and even then not while there is still someone inside. I'm considering trying to go into law enforcement after I graduate, but fuck these guys making it terrible.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedregret View Post
    I have a completely different view honestly. Not siding with that dick of a cop, but everyone who is defending them talks about how their life was on the line..... look, I carry a gun to protect myself. I have every right to have said gun and never once in this life have I chose the violent path. Why do cops think they have the right to remove my gun or get in my face about having it? If i'm legally allowed to have it, I will never understand how it's ok for them to remove it for their "safety". For my safety, in the case of that dick in the video, I should be allowed to keep it for defense of myself. It's pure discrimination to do it as a just in case situation or to make them feel more comfortable. Laws are Laws, but I dont get that one. I agree you should let them know, but beyond that, don't touch my fucking gun or my person without cause.

I don't actually own a gun permit, nor have I always chosen the non violent path. I am a convicted felon with no rights by our government. I do have a fiance and brother who carry. I can't imagine what I'd feel or do if told they had their lives threatened by a police officer.
    Hi, I pointed out your stupid. I'm not really sure you realized how much you went against yourself in those two paragraphs.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I..... was demonstrating a point by describing a lawful person who carries their gun? Really? You missed that?

To go further into it, I wanted to give my opinion which most would have tossed as biased while reading, then show that I can't carry. Which makes you feel like an ass.

Ridill
    BG Level

Concealed carry for the general public is fucking retarded.

Being a concealed carrier and not telling cops you've been around for 5+ minutes goes way, way, way past retarded.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedregret View Post

Uh cops have the right cause they don't know you. One of the first things taught in the academy is to never do anything that will put your life at more risk then needs be. If your getting searched and you have a gun on you, legally or not, they will remove it from you before searching since they are vulnerable at that point. Just because you wouldn't use it on a cop doesn't mean another douchebag won't.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post

Being a concealed carrier and not telling cops you've been around for 5+ minutes goes way, way, way past retarded.
    What's even more amusing is in California, even if you have a conceal permit (which is very hard to get in our state), your gun has to be unloaded and if a cop comes up to you they have the right to perform an ammunition check on your gun. If it's loaded, bye bye carry/conceal permit, hello visit to the local jail and a judge 48hrs later.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Did you actually watch the video? It doesn't seem like you did based on how you are commenting in this thread. Either that or you are trolling.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    This can't be said enough. Every time some one brings up the stress a cop goes through, I just think of this and wonder why enough people don't bring this up.
    He didn't even pull out his own gun at any point while dealing with a pimp and his ho and their taxi driver despite the fact he said he saw the gun bulge the whole time.

Again, being a complete asshole isn't against the law.

Unfortunately for the driver, being fucking retarded often is.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Did you actually watch the video? It doesn't seem like you did based on how you are commenting in this thread. Either that or you are trolling.
    I'm a pothead that's been dealing with cops for almost 20 years now and should rightfully hate them all pretty much.

But I'm not fucking retarded, I make sure I know the law, and I make it as pleasant as possible for them to deal with me.

There's no reason that dude shouldn't be holding up the license and literally just saying "concealed carry permit" repeatedly until they figure out what he's saying. The whole thing is just plain stupid.

edit: And you might criticize how he said it, but there's really not much room for criticizing someone for telling an adult who's supposed to be responsible enough to carry a concealed gun that they're lucky they didn't just get themselves shot when it's true.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Very early on in the video and on several different occasions the guy does start to tell the cops and each time they interrupt him and tell him to shut up or talk over him so loudly they can't hear him.

The way you are talking about how the guy behaved makes it painfully clear you either didn't watch the video or didn't pay attention to it at all while you did watch it.

Ridill
    BG Level

There was a cop in the back seat of his fucking car for several minutes.

Disregarding that, which is retarded as fuck for him not to have said anything that whole time...

Is it really that hard to say "concealed carry" instead of "I... I... I... I... I..."

What if the cop hadn't asked him what he had in his hand? What if the dude was just like "well they said to shut up" and then made some move that looked like he was going for the gun and got himself shot?

When you get a concealed carry license you take on responsibility. If you're not fucking smart enough to figure out a way to express that you're carrying a damn gun for over 5 minutes including a few minutes with a cop in your car with you, you have no business having a gun in the first place, let alone permission to carry it around concealed.

Ridill
    BG Level

Like really, is it some big revelation to just say "concealed carry" instead of "I.. I ha... I... etc."?

I thought "get to the point when you have something really fucking important to say" was something most people had figured out by now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

He was holding up it trying to hand it to them. The morons later couldn't find it because it was still in his hand when they cuffed him, but they wouldn't even look at it then.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

In order to protect yourself as an officer, don't you think you should secure all passengers, especially the driver, before you stick your fucking head in his vehicle. They would have known he was a CC if he'd actually approached the damn driver.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

There was a cop in the back seat of his fucking car for several minutes.

Disregarding that, which is retarded as fuck for him not to have said anything that whole time...

Is it really that hard to say "concealed carry" instead of "I... I... I... I... I..."

What if the cop hadn't asked him what he had in his hand? What if the dude was just like "well they said to shut up" and then made some move that looked like he was going for the gun and got himself shot?

When you get a concealed carry license you take on responsibility. If you're not fucking smart enough to figure out a way to express that you're carrying a damn gun for over 5 minutes including a few minutes with a cop in your car with you, you have no business having a gun in the first place, let alone permission to carry it around concealed.
    The point is that he tried to tell them several times they wouldn't allow him to speak. They used their power to make him shut up by telling him to be quiet and everyone is inclined to listen to a cop so they don't throw your ass in jail. Not only that but like has been said before in the thread cops have the responsibility to secure any situation they are in and not take unnecessary risks. It is the same reason why a smart cop will ask you if you have anything sharp in your backpack or pockets before sticking their hand in there. When the TSA agent at the airport had to do a secondary search on my backpack they didn't just dive in without first asking me if there was anything in the backpack sharp that they needed to know about.

The guy might not have made a strong enough effort but at the same time a cop intimidating someone to the point where they are scared to talk is a very real phenomenon. If the cop creates that hostile of an environment then they need to take the time to extract that information from the person rather than continuing their business without asking them.

He did tell him. Learn to read.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast