+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    The point is that he tried to tell them several times they wouldn't allow him to speak. They used their power to make him shut up by telling him to be quiet and everyone is inclined to listen to a cop so they don't throw your ass in jail. Not only that but like has been said before in the thread cops have the responsibility to secure any situation they are in and not take unnecessary risks. It is the same reason why a smart cop will ask you if you have anything sharp in your backpack or pockets before sticking their hand in there. When the TSA agent at the airport had to do a secondary search on my backpack they didn't just dive in without first asking me if there was anything in the backpack sharp that they needed to know about.

The guy might not have made a strong enough effort but at the same time a cop intimidating someone to the point where they are scared to talk is a very real phenomenon. If the cop creates that hostile of an environment then they need to take the time to extract that information from the person rather than continuing their business without asking them.
    If you're not smart and responsible enough to get past these issues you shouldn't have a gun in the first place, let alone be allowed to carry a concealed one.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Yes because the cops were not intimidating at all. And everyone feels comfortable NOT following direct orders from a cop when they are trying to NOT get arrested. I periodically yell out stuff to cops when they pull me over and choose to not follow orders because clearly that will make them listen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    If you're not smart and responsible enough to get past these issues you shouldn't have a gun in the first place, let alone be allowed to carry a concealed one.
    Try that reasoning in court. It doesn't matter. He made an attempt to explain, and was shut down by the belligerence of the cop. He was intimidated. The cop goes ballistic and doesn't allow him a chance to explain. Even after the fact, he might have allowed the guy that much.

This isn't complicated. We have it on tape.

Whether YOU think he wasn't 'smart enough' is irrelevant.

Currently, the prosecution is trying to cut a deal wherein, the driver refuses to sue if they drop all criminal charges. The charges are bogus and he should contest them. It's an open and shut case.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedregret View Post
    I have a completely different view honestly. Not siding with that dick of a cop, but everyone who is defending them talks about how their life was on the line..... look, I carry a gun to protect myself. I have every right to have said gun and never once in this life have I chose the violent path. Why do cops think they have the right to remove my gun or get in my face about having it? If i'm legally allowed to have it, I will never understand how it's ok for them to remove it for their "safety". For my safety, in the case of that dick in the video, I should be allowed to keep it for defense of myself. It's pure discrimination to do it as a just in case situation or to make them feel more comfortable. Laws are Laws, but I dont get that one. I agree you should let them know, but beyond that, don't touch my fucking gun or my person without cause.

I don't actually own a gun permit, nor have I always chosen the non violent path. I am a convicted felon with no rights by our government. I do have a fiance and brother who carry. I can't imagine what I'd feel or do if told they had their lives threatened by a police officer.
    Simple, because bad people can sometimes legally get gun permits. A few bad apples, ruin it for everyone else.

Ridill
    BG Level

I just love how all these people are totally ok with, and even making excuses for, a guy that drives prostitutes to their tricks not telling a cop he has a gun for over 5 minutes since it lets them get out some anti cop angst.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Anyone here remember that thread with that football or some kind fo sports player who was heading to a hospital in a hurry, and some shit went down? I don't remember the specifics, but i do remember quite clearly the entire forum wanting to beat the shit out of plow for being a hard headed fool.

Alarial

I find it fascinating that some people here aren't aware that the vast majority of cops are uneducated mouth breathers who revel in the small amount of power that's been given to them and will not hesitate to use that power to discriminate against the people they distrust, hate, or generally don't like.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I just love how all these people are totally ok with, and even making excuses for, a guy that drives prostitutes to their tricks not telling a cop he has a gun for over 5 minutes since it lets them get out some anti cop angst.
    At this point you are just being purposely obtuse to elicit a response from people. Isn't there an internet slang word for that?

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Alarial View Post
    I find it fascinating that some people here aren't aware that the vast majority of cops are uneducated mouth breathers who revel in the small amount of power that's been given to them and will not hesitate to use that power to discriminate against the people they distrust, hate, or generally don't like.
    Funny you say that. I can safely say the agency I work for, we collectively have more 2 & 4 year degree's then the anti cop pot smoking crowd here does.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah I think Plow just made his intentions in this discussion obvious. Just tune him out.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

I'm a pothead that's been dealing with cops for almost 20 years now and should rightfully hate them all pretty much.
    lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

thats a great generalization against those who choose to smoke responsibly

Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

From my standpoint I definitely think the driver (cop) over-reacted (not defending his behavior in the least) but honestly I can't say I blame him for being so worked up. I've been taking guns off of people for over 10 years now and not once have I ever just recovered the gun, wiped my head and all was honkey dorey. Every time I get shot at (or shot), or take a gun off someone, it takes days, even weeks to recover from the adrenaline dump that I get. Most officers will agree that it's some really scary shit when you see that piece come out. Especially from a standpoint of someone who's been shot before. Who here can say they saw their life flash before their eyes more than say, 300 times in their lifetime? Really scary stuff.

From what I understand in this instance, it's required by law the carrier of the concealed weapon must show their permit immediately to the police if they are ever stopped and declare that they have a concealed weapon. For the purposes of the traffic stop, there's something in the highlighted reel by the lawyer that had something about the police had preexisting knowledge that the owner of the vehicle is known to carry concealed which prompted the traffic stop. Big no-no for the cops if they did it just to fuck with the guy. At the least they'll probably get fired for the incident.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Funny you say that. I can safely say the agency I work for, we collectively have more 2 & 4 year degree's then the anti cop pot smoking crowd here does.
    I was thinking the same thing........

Hell, We just had a recruit graduate with a law degree >.>

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    At this point you are just being purposely obtuse to elicit a response from people. Isn't there an internet slang word for that?
    The dude is a bodyguard for hookers. (read: pimp that's not smart enough to actually be a pimp)

I'm the one being obtuse?

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Why are you still trying?

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

The dude is a bodyguard for hookers. (read: pimp that's not smart enough to actually be a pimp)

I'm the one being obtuse?
    Yes you are. And you don't take the time to actually watch the video OR read the accompanying article before you start making obtuse comments. It is hard to have a discussion with someone who doesn't even know all the different aspects of the story.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Regardless of what the hell he was doing with those folks, he had a legal permit for his firearm. The police didn't secure the car before sticking his head in. They rushed in (possibly hopped up on adrenaline?) before fully Assessing the situation.

Old Merits
    BG Level

He didn't even pull out his own gun at any point while dealing with a pimp and his ho and their taxi driver despite the fact he said he saw the gun bulge the whole time.
    I find it hard to believe that he noticed a bulge and was aware of it the whole time. If he thought it was a weapon, he wouldn't have pussy footed around with the 2 other people for 5 minutes, much less let another officer in the back seat.

..., being fucking retarded often is.
    O wait, there it is.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    And yet you confuse possessive and plural in your native language.

I don't smoke pot, but in my experience, this is an accurate representation of the average traffic cop. In fact, traffic cops being dicks is one of the universe's most inflexible laws.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast