+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Brother-in-Law Problem     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by solanis View Post
    I did some googling and everything I'm finding suggests it's not a good idea to let your kid around secondhand pot smoke. I'm not a user though, so I have no clue personally. what's off about the statement, kohan? you suggested you know whether it's good or bad. is stuff like

http://pregnancyandbaby.sheknows.com...gnancy-109.htm

propaganda?
    Yes, and WOT says that website is garbage, which means you probably shouldn't have gone there in the first place. Articles which quote supposed studies without providing any links or otherwise concrete evidence are never trustworthy. Shit, did you even need me to tell you that? The closing line of that terrible editorial states that marijuana should be viewed in the same light as "any other illicit drug". Garbage.

If you want to see some of my informed arguments on marijuana, including comprehensive quoting and links, Google it in relation to BG. Like I said earlier, I don't care enough right now to get into that.

Also, if you want something to download and enjoy, even though it doesn't get into the most intricate of the nitty-gritty: http://www.amazon.com/Grass-Woody-Ha.../dp/B0000633SE

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I did some googling and everything I'm finding suggests it's not a good idea to let your kid around secondhand pot smoke. I'm not a user though, so I have no clue personally. what's off about the statement, kohan? you suggested you know whether it's good or bad. is stuff like

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) notes that research has shown that some babies born to women who abused marijuana during their pregnancies display altered responses to visual stimuli, increased tremulousness (trembling or shaking), and a high-pitched cry -- any of which may indicate neurological problems in development. During the preschool years, marijuana-exposed children have been observed to perform tasks involving sustained attention and memory more poorly than nonexposed kids do. Then, in the school years, these kids of pot smokers are more likely to exhibit deficits in problem-solving skills, memory and the ability to remain attentive.
    http://pregnancyandbaby.sheknows.com...gnancy-109.htm

propaganda?
    my guess would be that since smoking weed while pregnant would cut the amount of o getting to the baby, like cigarettes, it would inhibit the development of the fetus. same goes for second hand smoke the young child is around? also, what is the kid doing while the parents are smoking or not smoking? i would say propaganda on the basis of too many variables. 9% of children in public schools have adhd, therefore sending children to public schools causes adhd. see?

on topic, i think it was said but, where is the mother in all of this? and have you asked your bro in law why he is so depressed?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Raising a kid in any kind of cloud of smoke is going to create a massive risk for asthma. That should be enough.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Raising a kid in any kind of cloud of smoke is going to create a massive risk for asthma. That should be enough.
    Well said! Also why are we debating this....I thought he smoked in the basement by himself while his kid being taken care of...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well said! Also why are we debating this....I thought he smoked in the basement by himself while his kid being taken care of...
    so he is technically a very responsible parent.