Closed Thread
Page 439 of 441 FirstFirst ... 389 429 437 438 439 440 441 LastLast
    i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    That's good to hear. I am glad it's becoming more common otherwise guys like us are fucked.

I want a life like my cousin has; she works with kids all day so she get her "fill" of kid time; she just has her, her husband, and 2 huge dogs in a HUGE house. They both have high paying jobs and travel constantly. Looks like a pretty solid life to me.
    Doesn't take much for an average Joe to travel the world. It just takes a rewards credit card.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Because feelings never change as people get older?

I don't want kids, but if 20 years from now it is suddenly making or breaking my relationship and I want to keep said relationship. Then I would talk about adoption or something. Rather than be the guy stuck occasionally posting on the internet about partnership as an outlet for a lack of self-actualization.
    If your partner is breaking your relationship because they they changed their mind and wanted a kid then clearly you know where their priorities lie and good thing you found out before 40 years in

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

but much longer down the road our partner may change their stance.
    at that point, we're no longer compatible.

I'm not going to tell them what they want in life or try to change their minds. If children is what they truly want, then I would hope they can find someone to fulfill that need. I'm just never going to be the one to fulfill that need.

Every child and every individual relies on the selflessness of others at some point in their life. For someone to turn around after reaping the benefits and say they don't ever want to be bothered by doing the same is pretty low.
    Both of my parents abandoned me and I don't blame them. I'd have done the same thing they did, but faster than they did (took them 2 years to dump me at grandma's house)

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    If your partner is breaking your relationship because they they changed their mind and wanted a kid then clearly you know where their priorities lie and good thing you found out before 40 years in
    Personally, I wouldn't be with someone I couldn't die for. Every partner I have had, I put through an emotional training day, and if they make it out of that then it is a go. If I can die for them then I can reevaluate my positions and potentially change my mind. If it means someone I care enough to give my life for is happy instead of realizing they are missing something in their path to fulfillment then it is on the table. I just don't see suddenly declaring countless years as a mistake because something changed down the road after a successful relationship.

I disagree with it because being idealistic to the point of selfish arrogance isn't a matter of integrity, but a matter of blind pride that I feel would likely leave me a bit emptier.

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    at that point, we're no longer compatible.

I'm not going to tell them what they want in life or try to change their minds. If children is what they truly want, then I would hope they can find someone to fulfill that need. I'm just never going to be the one to fulfill that need.
    Fair enough.

Both of my parents abandoned me and I don't blame them. I'd have done the same thing they did, but faster than they did (took them 2 years to dump me at grandma's house)
    Did you not complete that thought? You ended up taking advantage of the selflessness of your grandparents to even survive I take it. You may feel like you don't owe anything to anyone, but you wouldn't be alive if you didn't. No two year old takes care of itself and lives.

Why would you have abandoned yourself faster (immediately?) in their position too? I mean they cared to have you instead of an abortion, and if you did the same why would you immediately make your problems someone elses? Just to wash your hands of it?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I think spicy's just mad that he can't have your kids anymore

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Carrotchan View Post
    I think spicy's just mad that he can't have your kids anymore
    Keep it up and you will be sleeping on the waifu pillows.

No, I couldn't care less that he can't have kids anymore. Frankly, it is probably for the best.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Did you not complete that thought? You ended up taking advantage of the selflessness of your grandparents to even survive I take it. You may feel like you don't owe anything to anyone, but you wouldn't be alive if you didn't. No two year old takes care of itself and lives.
    Not at all, really. Shit, I was with grandma from 2-14. After I moved out, she was still collecting child support instead of my uncle; using my dad's money to send me McDonalds/Subay dollars (could only spend it there) then say my dad never did shit for me, lol.

Why would you have abandoned yourself faster (immediately?) in their position too? I mean they cared to have you instead of an abortion, and if you did the same why would you immediately make your problems someone elses? Just to wash your hands of it?
    I'd personally go the abortion route, if it were my choice, but it's not my choice. Woman's body, woman's choice. I have no say in that.

She was complete trash. I don't even talk to her anymore. Haven't on the phone/in person since 2013. Blocked her on facebook about a year and half ago, lol

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd personally go the abortion route, if it were my choice, but it's not my choice. Woman's body, woman's choice. I have no say in that.
    I would too.

I agree that no woman should be forced to give birth, but I also think that no man should be forced into fatherhood because half of that child is theirs. They shouldn't be forced to accept their half just like a woman doesn't have to. If the sex was consensual it is wrong for a woman to be able to fuck someone over with the system. If it is all about equality then it wouldn't be that way honestly.

She was complete trash. I don't even talk to her anymore. Haven't on the phone/in person since 2013. Blocked her on facebook about a year and half ago, lol
    Understandable.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I for one am willing to seed all of the earths future children in perpetuity.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

And the world will be better for it. Cheers.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I also think that no man should be forced into fatherhood because half of that child is theirs. They shouldn't be forced to accept their half just like a woman doesn't have to.
    This seems contradictory to what you were saying earlier. He shouldn't be forced to accept having a child just because his partner decides they want one after he's been up front about it.

I commend everyone that is up front about not wanting kids. The reasoning for not wanting them doesn't matter. Children shouldn't be brought into this world unless BOTH parents are 100% about it. No child should have to grow up wondering "why doesn't mommy/daddy love me?"

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    This seems contradictory to what you were saying earlier. He shouldn't be forced to accept having a child just because his partner decides they want one after he's been up front about it.

I commend everyone that is up front about not wanting kids. The reasoning for not wanting them doesn't matter. Children shouldn't be brought into this world unless BOTH parents are 100% about it. No child should have to grow up wondering "why doesn't mommy/daddy love me?"
    How so? No one is being forced here. I never advocated that someone should be forced into it because of their partner.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

From what I read, you were telling him he should choose his partner's wishes over his own if it meant saving a relationship. Maybe I'm reading it as more forced than it was meant to be, but that's how it sounded.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Personally, I wouldn't be with someone I couldn't die for. Every partner I have had, I put through an emotional training day, and if they make it out of that then it is a go. If I can die for them then I can reevaluate my positions and potentially change my mind. If it means someone I care enough to give my life for is happy instead of realizing they are missing something in their path to fulfillment then it is on the table. I just don't see suddenly declaring countless years as a mistake because something changed down the road after a successful relationship.

I disagree with it because being idealistic to the point of selfish arrogance isn't a matter of integrity, but a matter of blind pride that I feel would likely leave me a bit emptier.
    You miss the point. It's not you declaring anything or being at least the most selfish it's the person who suddenly changes what you agreed upon and leaves you with a no compromise ultimatum. Everything you say about the person who continues to say no applies double for the person who changed their mind and trying to force upon their partner one of the biggest financial and time burdens and as well as stress that exists

Ha beat ya. Haven't talked to my trash in like 20 years! Actually no one really knows where she went or what happened to her lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

ITT: People arguing with spicyryan about relationships.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Every partner I have had, I put through an emotional training day
    I think this is being glossed over a little bit, maybe we should all take a breath and focus.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Where does tattooing your ex girlfriends name on your chest fit into this

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Every partner I have had, I put through an emotional training day

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    To be honest aside from the various digressions. It was more about the selfish arrogance and conceited attitude that Tigersoda portrays. I just got distracted with playing devils advocate.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

To be honest aside from the various digressions. It was more about the selfish arrogance and conceited attitude that Tigersoda portrays. I just got distracted with playing devils advocate.
    Its not fucking arrogance to want to be with som... NO

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    Not this time motherfucker