Closed Thread
Page 51 of 441 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Decided to go with suspenders for our company holiday party.

Never rub another man's rhubarb.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

That was taken several hours into the night after much dancing had taken place, so the knot got a little messed up

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Celestial Cosmos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Whisperwind

nvm

Need some advice here. I'm wondering if I look better with or without the scruff:

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

without

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm growing out my facial hair to see if I can get away with it too. ;x But the way it's coming along at the moment I'm leaning towards, "Oh god, no."

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

how do the dudes of BG manage having short-ish hair

i ask because i had long hair for like twelve years, and now i no longer do. and i have no clue what the fuck to do with it all; previously i could just tie it back and call it a day. i feel like short hair requires an awful lot more calculation, and i did not come into this situation prepared at all.

my main objective is to avoid looking like the dude on the cover of eraserhead, if that helps. relevant pointers: i currently look like the dude on the cover of eraserhead, minus maybe an inch or so of hair. imagine the white portions don't exist, that's my shit right there.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

depends on what kind of hair you have. if you have a jewfro, fuck it and leave it alone. if you have thin, plain hair, than you can either brush it back, or part it on the sides/middle, depending on your length. if its in that awkward length, where its too long/too short to do anything, than wear a skully and deal with it until you get a hair cut or grow more hair. if you have curly/coarse hair, brushing it back is the best, and you can keep good waves by brushing it forward. wash your hair with sulfate/sodium free products and get a good conditioning cream. it makes your hair smell amazing all day. to be honest, i've gotten more compliments off of that, than anything else. i've had older woman grab my hair with their bare hands, and give me prices on cutting it and giving it to them. college girls just like guys who look different. cutting off your long hair was probably a big mistake, lol. short hair is boring, normal and predictable.

god, i would make such a fantastic gay man. im getting a keratin treatment this week babyyyyy, and i just got my nails/facial done. getting my wopa on

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You like men too.
    >Abandon

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

tell gary oaks i said happy holidays. he gets more white girls than anyone i know, but he gotta spend 75% of his time on a boat with men in white bell bottoms. i know its worth it though. dude has some crazy euro stories

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

I'm not Gary Oaks.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

But I do pull white women.

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    god, i would make such a fantastic gay man. im getting a keratin treatment this week babyyyyy, and i just got my nails/facial done. getting my wopa on
    Women like all dat glizty shit.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    cutting off your long hair was probably a big mistake, lol. short hair is boring, normal and predictable.

i culled it 'cuz i wanted to respond to that specific part, but i do appreciate the rest, i really do :D. but on the serious, long hair just got so fucking old and passe for me, i had to chop it off. between the extra time required every morning just to get it washed and conditioned, to waiting 8 hours for it to completely dry, i don't miss it at all. my shit's probably boring now and i won't dispute that, but as i brush up against 30, i can't say i'm much of an advocate for exciting/different hair these days. i've always been something of a weirdo, but nowadays i'm trying to minimize how obvious that is i guess, lol. i'd rather people have to figure it out for themselves, as opposed to just straight up advertising it, ya know?

really, when it was long, there was nothing i could do but let it hang down and tie it up. i've got a lot less of it now, but i feel like i've got options now, just trying to get a feel for what i can actually do w/ it. ultimately i'll probably just settle on whacking it with a towel a few times and let god sort the rest out, but i'm always open to good ideas.

for the sake of comparison, here's a little before/after: 1st was taken about 3 years ago when i moved to south carolina, second is all kinds of fresh:

before:
    http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/...86993_1504.jpg

after:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...orm/nohair.jpg

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Looking good now, not so much before (though, long hair is generally a no-no for me no matter what )

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

i have no idea what culled means

but it honestly depends on the perspective. im very take charge, goofy, energetic and loud. i stand out normally, and i absolutely hate looking like anyone else, but not to the point of trend setting. its just my personality, and people generally respond well to it, despite the fact that i wear batman/superman t-shirts, and know all the words to the pokerap songs. if long hair wasnt you, than at least you feel better about yourself lol. but i love it. i dont know how in the hell it took you 8 hours to dry you hair. you must've used a flinstones dryer. my sister's hair and mine is curly and has a ton of body, and it only takes me 5 min of blowdrying lol, and another 5 on the straightener. a lot of guys dont go through with crap like that, but i do, because to me its worth it.

i would rather have a convo with the 1st pic than the 2nd pic. from 1st impression (MINE) you look like you can offer a good convo just by stereotyping you with your hoody and hair and smile. but the 2nd pic makes you look no different, and boring than everyone else. from stereotyping that pic, you look like an self proclaimed actor who got turned down from a sitcom and trying to make it lol.

its all good man. im not very typical by any means. im a big guy who likes to wear tight jeans, vests, collared shirts and converses, so my point of view really doesnt mean crap. but its just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
    Women like all dat glizty shit.
    not really, lol. woman just respect men who love to take care of themselves. i never knew how much woman pay attention to men's nails when you shake their hands or just go about your daily lives. after 2 months of getting them done, i had my friend in my sociology class telling me i got nicer nails than her, and by the end of the semester, she added me on FB and gave me her number. im no better than anyone else, but i sure as hell have an edge over those who dont care enough to go the extra mile lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
    Need some advice here. I'm wondering if I look better with or without the scruff:

your facial hair is pretty dark, the hair on your lower cheek is a good length for the darkness of your facial hair, the moustache/chin area looks like you are growing in a goatee rather than resembling that Brad Pitt Legends of the Fall scruff

in sum, I would go shorter (like the side of your face) or longer (like Colin Ferrell's moustache/goatee here)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Today I learned richardd is quite hipster.