View Poll Results: How generally interested is BG?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im in.

30 25.86%
  • Eh.

50 43.10%
  • No.

36 31.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: WildStar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I haven't trusted anything NCSoft since Aion actually launched.

Why should this be any different? Not rattling the cage, honest question.

Because it's not Korean or NCSoft developed. Just published.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    I haven't trusted anything NCSoft since Aion actually launched.

Why should this be any different? Not rattling the cage, honest question.
    It'll be the first game for me that I've played from ncsoft. But not the first time I've played "korean grind games" (which seems to be what some people hate, where you solo mobs for days/months/year+ for a level) which doesn't really bother me O_o

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    It'll be the first game for me that I've played from ncsoft. But not the first time I've played "korean grind games" (which seems to be what some people hate, where you solo mobs for days/months/year+ for a level) which doesn't really bother me O_o
    It's one of those "acquired tastes" of the MMO market for sure, personally it just bored me to unbelievable levels.

I remember, I covered up my EXP bar with a sheet of paper whilst I was grinding on Aion, just because the image of my EXP bar going up slowly destroyed my sanity ahaha. I've avoided Korean MMO's like the plague since. I don't knock anyone that doesn't mind or even enjoy that style of game play though.. each to their own and all that.

Its not by ncsoft, its by Carbine, just published by ncsoft.

http://www.carbinestudios.com/en/

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

What I was able to gather was that Carbine is made up of some Vanilla And BC devs from WoW and early devs from EQ. I honestly loved both early EQ and Vanilla/BC WoW so by this alone, I am willing to give it a shot.

Someone send me their beta info so i can play ;D

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    It's one of those "acquired tastes" of the MMO market for sure, personally it just bored me to unbelievable levels.

I remember, I covered up my EXP bar with a sheet of paper whilst I was grinding on Aion, just because the image of my EXP bar going up slowly destroyed my sanity ahaha. I've avoided Korean MMO's like the plague since. I don't knock anyone that doesn't mind or even enjoy that style of game play though.. each to their own and all that.
    Its not too bad... the longest I've "grinded" was about 1.2 years for a level. The game was nexus of the winds (insanely old game) it took about 1.2 years at 8-12+ hours a day to go from the level "il san" to an "Ee san" which is about a difference of 1billion hp/500mil mp -> 5billion hp -> 2.5million mp or so (to give you an idea a Lv99 is 10,000hp/5,000mp and it takes 1mil exp for 100HP or 50mp)

the hilarious thing is pvp... just imagine trying to kill someone which has a hp regen of a few million per second >.>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I believe Nexus by Nexon was Singapore. Or at least Dark Ages (same game engine with a fantasy Gaelic twist) was and that was also an insanely grindy game with enforced RP. Cult de Carrot 4ever.

If this weekend matches what I've seen from the Devspeak series then they will have my shekkels for sure.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Beta Key, I has one finally !

So any thoughts on those that was able to play this weekend? I heard really good impressions so far.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Are we allowed to talk about it?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Not a bad thing to say about it, everything is fluid. Very polished beta, group combat is incredible as well as solo. Absolutely overwhelmed with things to do, even at low level. Definitely excited for the release.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

NDA is still in affect, so no.

Takiwaki, this game WILL BE worth whatever money they price it at. I had not ONE single problem. Almost everyone I saw play this weekend said the same. Loved the hell out of group combat. I played both Exiles and Dominion, and I will
    have to say, I will be going Exiles on release. There was some lag, but that's attributed to stress testing and such. No negatives in my mind. If they release a collectors edition for this game, I will be throwing money at it with no qualms whatsoever.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

My opinion on it isn't quite the love fest the others seem to have had but I had a decent time.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah I'm not gonna throw the game loads of "omg revolutionary best MMO ever" nonsense, because frankly it isn't. It's got some interesting things going on, but nothing that blew my lid off and made me think "wow, this is the best thing since sliced bread".

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

To each their own.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Was ok, seemingly zerged far ahead of the crowd as I do usually in most any game O_o
    I'd say 50/50 on trying final game when it comes out, depends on price I guess.

I might give this a shot from the things i've seen/read on it. Not 100% sure though. I wish Blade and Soul would come to NA but that's never going to happen ;_;.

The player housing has my interest for Wildstar, as i'm glad I dont have to dish out millions of gil for a community home -_-;