View Poll Results: How generally interested is BG?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im in.

30 25.86%
  • Eh.

50 43.10%
  • No.

36 31.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: WildStar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

some new dungeon stuff

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I played for about an hour on a friends account (using my own key ;p) and thought it played decently combat wise. Everything else however was so incredibly generic that i dont think its going to cut it, the questing especially. I won't judge the tracking UI of a beta, but it was awful and the content itself put me to sleep. I grew to loath exclamation point gaming™ a long time ago though, so take that for what its worth.

I really liked the idea of the 'explorer path' on paper but didn't see much of anything the first few levels. That kind of shit is my favorite part of GW2 so I'd probably eat it up if it were any good.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

While questing is a little generic (I didn't actually read any due to it being a beta, but you know what to expect) I feel like the game will do really well. I wish there was more CSs and VA for quests, but I'll deal with it. I hear the raiding is good which is what I'm looking forward to. Items (the very few I saw) seem to have diversity which is good unlike FFXIV (I may be wrong about this since I only saw a few). FFXIV items are just too dumbed down, +1 DMG, +2 STR, +2 VIT and 2 random stats HERE YOU GO. I didn't play much, but really looking forward to playing more. Definitely will preorder as soon as they announce it.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    I played for about an hour on a friends account (using my own key ;p) and thought it played decently combat wise. Everything else however was so incredibly generic that i dont think its going to cut it, the questing especially. I won't judge the tracking UI of a beta, but it was awful and the content itself put me to sleep. I grew to loath exclamation point gaming™ a long time ago though, so take that for what its worth.

I really liked the idea of the 'explorer path' on paper but didn't see much of anything the first few levels. That kind of shit is my favorite part of GW2 so I'd probably eat it up if it were any good.
    actually, each of those paths got a little something "different", I had some explorer guy trying to see if grouping would let me use his.. "specials" which apparently only explorer can see, anyway can't say much of what it was nda etc etc

Overall, as you can see from the videos also... the game will require some quick reaction to dodge stuff or you will get hurt a lot. Between what we all know what beta to be like + stress test, you can imagine what it was like while the server was "under stress" in a game that requires 1-2 seconds to dodge something that will rape you... very hard. (at higher levels)

I like

40,000 weekend keys up for grabs, site slammed atm

http://godankey.com/panel/external/VURaUU1BRXg

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

http://www.tentonhammer.com/news/carbines-big-tease

http://godankey.com/panel/external/VURaUU1BRXg

Beta Keys[for this weekend only] first come first serve, get em while they're hot!

Reset IP for more keys.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Just got another beta key for this weekend, w00t !

Full beta keys are out for this week.. no luck ofc ; ;

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Full beta keys are out for this week.. no luck ofc ; ;
    Same....

At least they are upping their Beta weekends, which is a good sign for game progress.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Actually excited this is a "Marketing event" rather than stress test. Inc release?

I would say yes as this weekend is not being pushed as a stress test. Also NDA level is being raised higher tomorrow. To level 29 instead of 15

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was able to type my email on the site, but didn't get any message yet, I hope it's just the delay they mentioned

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It only took me about 3 hours to get my key(also, yay, I got a key!) after I entered.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I got one as well, and I entered like 3 hours after it was up. They're lifting the NDA up to level 30 as from this weekend as well so expect some new info/footage.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I like

[video=youtube;0ur0OpPGdGI]
    I got around to watching the Adventure Dev Speak...that made me pretty damn excited about the game. For those that want the non ! quest leveling alternative, Adventures look like the answer to the problem. Not that the game presented a very standard leveling quest system to begin with, but Adventures really give you that alternative leveling option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    I got around to watching the Adventure Dev Speak...that made me pretty damn excited about the game. For those that want the non ! quest leveling alternative, Adventures look like the answer to the problem. Not that the game presented a very standard leveling quest system to begin with, but Adventures really give you that alternative leveling option.
    on the AMA that is going on right now actually, they confirmed that bosses will have set loot in the next patch, so that people will want to try all branches and not just stick to one cus its easiest. love it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Same....

At least they are upping their Beta weekends, which is a good sign for game progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    Actually excited this is a "Marketing event" rather than stress test. Inc release?

As we approach launch, we are going to be changing up how Beta works. The current structure of Beta will be changing in mid-March, and we wanted to give you as much heads up as we could (once everything was finalized). Why do you need this heads up? We will only be guaranteeing continued access to Beta for any player who has at least one character at level 32 or higher. We’ll explain in more detail why we’re doing this in March, but I hope you’ll agree that we need some heavy elder game testing in the coming months, and this is a really good incentive to get testing on the areas of the game we need it the most! It’s likely there will be other ways to continue playing in Beta, but we’ll reveal those details around the March timeframe.

They were wary of their hardware capacity, and the stress test did better than they thought. So they might be ahead of schedule now and a response to all the recent outcry over invites.

I get keys for all the games im not interested in lol, cant get a key for this game to save my life.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

on the AMA that is going on right now actually, they confirmed that bosses will have set loot in the next patch, so that people will want to try all branches and not just stick to one cus its easiest. love it.
    As long as the loot is along the lines of, this route drops your accessory, this route drops your weapon type thing, then it should work well. I think it would make it easier to organize and lessen the chance that people get forced down a route that won't get them any loot they can use.