View Poll Results: How generally interested is BG?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im in.

30 25.86%
  • Eh.

50 43.10%
  • No.

36 31.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: WildStar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So is this supposed to be the awesome or something? Feels like it's been in beta for ages

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    So is this supposed to be the awesome or something? Feels like it's been in beta for ages
    Basically peoples only NA/EU servered, mmo done right hope for 2014/2015 if they want action combat or dont want WoW.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm hoping they're keeping it in beta so long so that they can properly test late game areas.

I'm not gonna be buying another MMO at launch ever again thanks to GW2 (none of the later areas were beta tested) and FFXIV (no endgame) but I'm hoping they're not gonna make those same mistakes and I may pick this up a few months after launch if there's actually shit to do and it's not a buggy mess.

From what I can tell, there are already lots of max level people testing endgame. Its just that its NDAed so it cant be shown.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They had big guilds testing raids before they opened it up to every beta tester, so they've been tested for a while now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

fps is awful, at least in the starting area

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    fps is awful, at least in the starting area

Game is not optimized in the least, frame rate bad everywhere.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

FPS is fine, just go to video settings and... go toward the bottom, theirs some slider with something like...

0.25 0.50 0.75 1.00 ---> 2.00

the setting GREATLY affects FPS
    4.5ghz nvidia 670 @ 2560x1440

2.00 = 10-15fps
    1.75 = 20-40fps
    1.50 = 50-70fps
    0.25 = 150+ fps

(once you go below 1.00 stuff starts to look kinda bad, not really noticeable at 1.25 + unless your in first person staring at boobs as close as possible on aurin female as they dance, not that I did this to test)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    FPS is fine, just go to video settings and... go toward the bottom, theirs some slider with something like...

0.25 0.50 0.75 1.00 ---> 2.00

the setting GREATLY affects FPS
    4.5ghz nvidia 670 @ 2560x1440

2.00 = 10-15fps
    1.75 = 20-40fps
    1.50 = 50-70fps
    0.25 = 150+ fps

(once you go below 1.00 stuff starts to look kinda bad, not really noticeable at 1.25 + unless your in first person staring at boobs as close as possible on aurin female as they dance, not that I did this to test)
    Like I said not optimized =/ I mean with your set up you should be able to run this game at max settings. Especially with the very simple graphic engine they are using. Closer to release I am sure there will be a huge difference.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Like I said not optimized =/ I mean with your set up you should be able to run this game at max settings. Especially with the very simple graphic engine they are using. Closer to release I am sure there will be a huge difference.
    a 670 is pretty terrible, its like the bare minimum for 2K gameplay almost

also its the only setting that really affects fps, everything else is on maximum, like mentioned you won't really notice any difference between 1.25 and 2.00 unless you are playing first person, in which case, I hope to god you aren't O_o

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Wonder what the setting is, 'cause FPS was terrible on my 780 too (sli not supported yet so can't comment on how it runs with both on)

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

My FPS has been fine so far, it tanked hard streaming (shh) something to a friend over skype screen sharing so I'm probably just toeing the line myself. I'm on a new laptop with a GeForce GTX 765M, but given it's a mobile card I would have thought any half decent desktop video card would be doing okay. I haven't even touched the options though so maybe it just defaulted me to something other than high, game looks damn nice either way!

Only managed to squeeze in a couple of hours since it was my cousins 18th lastnight but I really love the games world and environments so far, combat (picked Esper) has been meh so far but not surprising given the lack of skills available at this point. Using skills that root you feels ridiculously clunky, I often find myself getting a "can't use that whilst moving" error since I'm hitting the skill too fast after letting off W, it's really annoying and I wish they'd do like other games and automatically just root you until you repress any other direction to cancel it. Honestly just feels really sloppy after playing GW2.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Wonder what the setting is, 'cause FPS was terrible on my 780 too (sli not supported yet so can't comment on how it runs with both on)
    Yeah I hear sli setups will be worse off, and the setting doesn't help at all, mainly just for single card. (and this is why I like to go 1 powerful video card over sli, without sli/crossfire profiles, games namely alpha/beta's run like crap or buggy)

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yea I had my second one turned off for the beta. I only turn it on if the game's got a profile built for it, though I should've turned on the second card to see how badly performance suffered for it. In any case it's pretty derp, game's not really that impressive in terms of fidelity, so hopefully they manage some major tuning when it comes to optimization, but MMOs generally aren't very good when it comes to that. Can't think of a single one that was ever optimized properly.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    My FPS has been fine so far, it tanked hard streaming (shh) something to a friend over skype screen sharing so I'm probably just toeing the line myself. I'm on a new laptop with a GeForce GTX 765M, but given it's a mobile card I would have thought any half decent desktop video card would be doing okay. I haven't even touched the options though so maybe it just defaulted me to something other than high, game looks damn nice either way!

Only managed to squeeze in a couple of hours since it was my cousins 18th lastnight but I really love the games world and environments so far, combat (picked Esper) has been meh so far but not surprising given the lack of skills available at this point. Using skills that root you feels ridiculously clunky, I often find myself getting a "can't use that whilst moving" error since I'm hitting the skill too fast after letting off W, it's really annoying and I wish they'd do like other games and automatically just root you until you repress any other direction to cancel it. Honestly just feels really sloppy after playing GW2.
    Did you go Explorer path like me hoping for epic jumping puzzles and then were promptly disappointed with "click button, floating platforms appear, jump to win" missions on top of the clunky jumping/movement?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Nah I went Settler for dem buffs, do not regret since the first area gave me a +50% move speed (out of combat) buff which is pretty sweet! It's really uninteresting so far though, just literally materials lying around everywhere in a zone and you use X amount of them to build buff dispensers, hopefully it gets more interesting at some point but it just feels kind of shoed in at this point (super early ofc). Playing with a Soldier and they have just had some wave defence consoles in random spots they can activate and you get swarmed by mobs, hopefully those will be fun later but right now the mobs just melt without really doing anything.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I don't dislike it so far, but I haven't fallen in love w/it. My biggest gripe centers around the god awful UI. It's buggy, and I understand that goes w/ the beta territory. But it's incredibly difficult to do stuff w/friends since it's not that easy to differentiate them and the map markers are the same white dots as everything else. Also super annoying trying to find certain npcs such as a merchant, ect... Since they usually don't have any differentiating features/icons. UI is also extremely cluttered and being forced to use 1+ as you unlock additional slots sucks. Means you can't customize the button layout until you unlock them all (which is terrible).

Super dense questing also, I mean the questing design is almost between vanilla And TBC WoW.

I do love the style and personality of the game though, it's top notch

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yeah everything about the interface is just bad. Questing is pretty standard fare but the nice environments and difficulty of combat (atleast if you go nuts pulling tons of shit at once) is actually making it pretty enjoyable for me. There's a lot of things I have issues with honestly but overall I think the game is pretty good so far, I dunno if I'll even get high enough to run any instances but I'm hoping I do. Leveling feels really slow to me already even just by level 10.

Serious question, has anyone experienced any kind of fatigue, dizziness, motion sickness or headaches while playing in certain areas for prolonged periods? It may not happen in all areas, but Its happened to me as well as some other people I know. I found it weird as Its never happened in any other game I have played.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Serious question, has anyone experienced any kind of fatigue, dizziness, motion sickness or headaches while playing in certain areas for prolonged periods? It may not happen in all areas, but Its happened to me as well as some other people I know. I found it weird as Its never happened in any other game I have played.
    The UI gives me a minor headache because there's so much shit on screen. Notifications all over the place, small text in the windows coupled with contrasting colors everywhere. The UI is such an eyesore it's taking away from the gaming experience and is more frustrating than anything.