View Poll Results: How generally interested is BG?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im in.

30 25.86%
  • Eh.

50 43.10%
  • No.

36 31.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: WildStar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You should definitely try to keep that in mind. I had that issue as well, trying to save everyone. In dungeons I only care about winning. If I feel that anyone is becoming a burden I let them die. Tanks included, especially ones that cannot hold hate. I've side stepped and healed around people so they would die faster because they were causing too much chaos on my field.

Odd thing, but try to reload your ui before you start the fight. I've noticed, not all the times, but a good number of times the UI is causing graphic lag. Refreshing it helps me get rid of that. I have noticed server lag too so it's very possible it could be that as well.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

oh, dumb dps is more than likely why a group will wipe, 60% of hte time. the tank and heals i went in are from the same group as me, and we pretty much 3-manned every boss because the 2 spellslingers were perpetually dead, including on trash pulls. Stalker, engy and esper ftw

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

fuck questing in this game though, and the taxi driver needs to be permanently silenced.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Yeah, questing is awful and a giant clusterfuck. And for those that mine, have you encountered the teleporting chinese yet? it's so retarded it's funny. They basically swoop into a point, gank, and swoop back into the clouds.

The dungeon difficulty, i feel, is not for your typical casual players. If you did endgame wow or anything newer (and prevailed), dungeons here are for you. take your casual ass home and have a seat watching cartoons, otherwise, this shit ain't for you. The second boss in the area with the forges and shit, was a beautifully designed encounter. First wipe taught us to kill a bomb; second wipe taught us to fucknig steamroll the other bombs, and after that it's a constant dps>run>roll back to boss rotation, fucking loved it. I was laughing the entire time, either from how fun the fight was, or from watching my spellslingers eat shit repeatedly.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

also, the tether mechanic had me laughing, my healer flipped out and was screaming via skype for help. in fact, every fight where he was targeted by adds, it was my duty to save his ass, so he could keep cure-bombing my at-the-time squishy tank. he got his repair bot though, so things are smoother now, thank god

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

omg I hate the tether in the second dungeon. I was tetherd on the end next to the tank so I was stuck the entire duration.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

that's when you just holler for someone to come bust you out. my healer was smart and just had everyone stay relatively close, and he just moved around bombs and the expanding aoe circle. made for serious lolz

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Man I really gotta level up and pick a class. I have every class at least to 8-9 except medic (and spellslinger at 14.) Those dungeons sound fun and I gotta try them out when I get higher. Though after 5 mins I'd imagine I'd probably be punching my monitor out of frustration. Will it be because of me? Will it be because of pugs? LETS FIND OUT!!!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

After doing a few dungeons, I can see the difference in DPS. Did Kel Voreth a few times and the first run made the boss enrage the dps was so slow, second run same thing and third run was actually decent. I love healing when things are going good, hate it when they aren't going good.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

The dungeon with the windcunts was brutal, the second boss ripped us a new one until we had the tank switch some skills around, and everyone picked up aoe skills to burn down the adds faster. the SECOND we made those changes, the boss fight ended 2 minutes faster than the point we had been wiping. i like that you can change setups mid-dungeon; makes adapting to different fights so much easier.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

if i play this abandon what server are you on?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Been playing this thing and good fucking grief those fucking 20 dungeons. I'm playing tank as usual (warrior) and for some reason I keep having issues holding hate. Seems like Stalkers have an easier time holding hate.

On my tank action set I have:
    1. Menacing Strike
    2. Rampage
    3. Kick
    4. Jolt
    5. Polarity Field
    6. Plasma Blast
    7. Atomic Spear

I try to stack as much tech as I can from the gear I get from quests and what not, but doesn't seem to be helping. Anyone else playing Warrior?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I can't speak to the skills, but it could also be your gear; try the AH (or craft) and see what's available, at a cheap price, to try and upgrade it. With as much RNG in their gear drops, it's quite possible you just don't have the stats to take on dungeons. If you don't have the gear, enough knowledge about your skills to adapt to the specific encounter, and non-derp other players who can all do the prior stated, you're not likely to complete the dungeon. I can understand that they want to provide a well crafted dungeon experience, but everything I read (and experienced in the Beta) tells me they don't coach the players well enough to know what they need in order to complete said content.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Haalia Melchiott
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Insight is your threat stat, tech is your mitigation. You're going to want healthy amounts of both.

That second boss in Kel'Vorath or whatever, the tether boss. My tank ate shit during tethers and started hollering and sputtering on voip about not having the damage to break himself out, so we saved his ass during the next attempt and downed it.

That last boss, good lord. We were all standing pretty close when he smashed his forge and released that ultimate. I'm sure you can guess what happened...we all had a good laugh. This game doesn't fuck around and I love it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Dance Dance Retribution is my favorite part of that dungeon

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    if i play this abandon what server are you on?
    caretaker

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Haalia Melchiott
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Where are my Rowsdower people at?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Makwa Ironwill
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm on Rowsdower! Look up Goomba, Lv15 Exile medic currently.
    I have an Engineer named Makwa on Dominion side I just made too.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Bought this game couple days ago to supplement my ff14 coil downtime. Made dominion engineer on caretaker.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So whats a class comparable to ranger/marksman/shooty guy corsair in this one? Spellslinger?