View Poll Results: How generally interested is BG?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im in.

30 25.86%
  • Eh.

50 43.10%
  • No.

36 31.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread: WildStar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Part of me thinks I should try this again, but the game annoyed me with all the quest pop ups.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I was about to try it until I realized the differences between a free account and a 15$/monthly account. Its basically P2W/essential and I immediately deleted the install.exe upon reading that. Playing free is more-or-less just a glorified trial of the game. That, combined with the fact they didn't add a single new server, is retarded since any free account is stuck in an 1-2hr+ que. for what they are calling a "re-launch" of the game, I expected to be able to play on a server w/o all the veteran players. but NUPE

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

looked at the difference between free and p2p and you're totally right totally offput me from trying this again

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I was about to try it until I realized the differences between a free account and a 15$/monthly account. Its basically P2W/essential and I immediately deleted the install.exe upon reading that. Playing free is more-or-less just a glorified trial of the game. That, combined with the fact they didn't add a single new server, is retarded since any free account is stuck in an 1-2hr+ que. for what they are calling a "re-launch" of the game, I expected to be able to play on a server w/o all the veteran players. but NUPE
    Maybe we're looking at different lists, but I'm curious as to what makes Wildstars F2P model P2W?? Is it the increase in exp/currency/reputation? If you take a look at SWTOR and even Archeage, they put restrictions on the amount of times you can run dungeons /PvP Battlegrounds, and sold actual in-game equipment. I think that's P2W, but maybe we have different definitions.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The AH is the only restriction that seems bogus. It's probably there to help alleviate gold seller issues, but in a so poorly received game, that's not going to be a problem. Everything else looks fine for a F2P account.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah not seeing the issue... looks pretty standard to me. Just speeds up a couple things for premium members by a small amount, doesn't grant anyone extra power or anything. The XP boost for premium is actually pretty small compared to what I normally see. It even says under the chart and everything that you can unlock several of the benefits of having a subscription by getting the Cosmic Rewards shit.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

you can't even make a group or a guild without being a subscriber lol, that's insane

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

[QUOTE=D44kpunk;6530486]Either way, the game's F2P restrictions are too... I dunno.. I guess just too much for me.

Too Korean, yes. You can say it. Korean Grinders suck. They're for games that place looks over gameplay, like TERA, Aion, OilytitstheMMORPG and others.

Wildstar didnt intend to be that kind of a game and thus didnt focus on graphics over all over. Therefore, it has absolutely nothing to fall back on should the P2Play model fail it.

Edit: Yeah I dunno what you did, but you edited my post. Its all fine and good. But I didn't say most of that - niwaar

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It's exactly like SWTOR and other P2W games outside of the guild restriction.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    Either way, the game's F2P restrictions are too... I dunno.. I guess just too much for me.

Too Korean, yes. You can say it. Korean Grinders suck. They're for games that place looks over gameplay, like TERA, Aion, OilytitstheMMORPG and others.

Wildstar didnt intend to be that kind of a game and thus didnt focus on graphics over all over. Therefore, it has absolutely nothing to fall back on should the P2Play model fail it.

couldn't resist

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    It's exactly like SWTOR and other P2W games outside of the guild restriction.
    http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Click the Link and show me how Wildstars F2P system is anywhere near as restricted as Star Wars: The Old Republic. Star Wars limits the amount of instances, Battlegrounds, and Space Missions you can do per week. You can't equip Epic Quality Gear, you can't augment Gear beyond a certain limit, you have limited inventory space, and it caps you at only having TWO Hotbars. You're either an idiot or a troll if you think this F2P system is anything like Wildstars.

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    you can't even make a group or a guild without being a subscriber lol, that's insane
    Circles/Guilds are not the same as groups.

Granted, there are a ton of issues with this F2P launch so far, it's basically a shit show, but the model is definitely not one of them lol. They have one of the more relaxed models out there and you can STILL pay for your signature time with in game currency by using the CREDD exchange.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You must have missed the other P2W games part of it but keep calm and fanboy on.

I'm more curious if anyone has actually managed to create a new character and level it or is the experience for new people just as shitty as it has been for people who were already playing.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What about the 50% cooldown reduction for premium subscriber? Do you guys think that is a good feature to put behind a pay wall for a free-to-play game?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    You must have missed the other P2W games part of it but keep calm and fanboy on.
    lol what. I don't see what is P2W, just limiting your AH auctions, rep gain etc. Can't join ranked arenas or create warplot parties and can't join circles... kinda useless stuff. Mind defining what P2W means to you? As far as I can tell nothing really looks P2W.... reminds me of some guy on reddit claiming MGSV was P2W lol.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by warc View Post
    What about the 50% cooldown reduction for premium subscriber? Do you guys think that is a good feature to put behind a pay wall for a free-to-play game?
    Wat, you don't even get that. Where are you guys getting all this info from? Cause it's pretty bad.

Disclaimer: I don't play Wildstar or particularly care about it or its life expectancy, but these claims are so ridiculous that it's hard to resist replying.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    I'm more curious if anyone has actually managed to create a new character and level it or is the experience for new people just as shitty as it has been for people who were already playing.
    I heard XP needed has been nerfed a lot and they made mobs a lot easier a while ago but can't say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by warc View Post

You mean the 50% cooldown reduction on "Wake here"?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hrm, I must have missed what the cooldown reduction was actually for. I only saw a generic 50% cd buff. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    I heard XP needed has been nerfed a lot and they made mobs a lot easier a while ago but can't say for sure.

You mean the 50% cooldown reduction on "Wake here"?
    It is easier to level, I just meant, has anyone been able to actually do it. From what people in my guild were saying, it's also shitty.

As far as all of those signature bonuses go:

None of those are actually super important to the game.

Some make the game more tedious, but only re: the auction house.