View Poll Results: How generally interested is BG?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im in.

30 25.86%
  • Eh.

50 43.10%
  • No.

36 31.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread: WildStar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I actually thought the f2p of Wildstar was a LOT better than other mmos that have gone this route. Paying for the game didn't seem necessary at all, but the bonuses are just enough to make subscribing worthwhile. Guess it depends on what you come to MMOs for.

As for what vegan asked about, I was able to make my char the first day but couldn't get in to play. The character creation wouldn't finish but when I logged in the next day my char was sitting on the character select screen. I've gotten it to about level 7 but its still far too laggy for me to want to play it. They reset the servers last night and I got about 30 min of lag free gaming time but it still got shitty eventually. I don't plan on playing again until I see people saying the servers are better, not as a boycott of the game, just I don't feel like playing a game where it takes awhile to loot anything, or turn in quests.

I'm kinda laughing to myself about the game right now. I'm not trying to be too harsh on Carbine since all MMO launches are shitty, but I'm not going to ignore the fact its several days later and the game is still pretty much unplayable. There are a lot of people responding to these criticisms by linking to the CMs posts on the official forums where they acknowledge its shitty and they're working on it, like that excuses the fact its shitty at all. You can acknowledge you're working on it all you want, or that you're working 16 hour days, but the fact still remains its still unplayable three days later.

I don't want to defend them either, because fuck Carbine, but at the same time...

They are basically a skeleton crew as a skeleton staff cast as a skeleton in an Al Pacino joke in a bar. They've been in the red since the game launched, they fired most of their crew, NCSOFT is breathing down their necks telling them to push shit out and make money or die.

There's obviously no way they want their shit to be broke or for it to still be broke. (This is contrary to how I feel about FFXIV - I'm pretty sure they don't give a shit if it's broke because they made their game intentionally shitty) Also, for the record, the servers weren't this shitty prior to F2P nor were they this shitty even at launch. There is obviously something wrong with what happens when you loot an item / loot is dropped, be it cash/xp/whatever.

I want them to make money. I don't need Wildstar in my life, but that's just because I don't care about MMO's other than to be objectively better than other people at playing them. I can be better at most shit than other people so this isn't my only avenue for satisfaction. That said, I think Wildstar is great and I want them to make money to keep making it great, for other people to experience that it is great (or can be).

I'll put it this way. In talking with the Dev team on TS/Mumble and with what some of the top guilds are doing, they're on a 2 week hiatus to give Carbine enough time to get everything working as it was last week. I just hope that Carbine gets it together soon enough that people can try out and enjoy their game.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I actually just had two people I used to work with at SOE get hired on to Carbine in the past few months after SOE/Daybreak laid off a lot of people. Maybe they're able to hire people who are willing to work for less pay.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Jesus christ. Decided to log into my 50 and try out a heroic dungeon, couldn't make it past the first boss. Ended up in the proto games and it was pretty ass. Sure make bosses hard but I don't know if it's cause a lot of people in my group had just came back or what but we spent 30 minutes before just disbanding.

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I just started a character last night. Funnest 1 to 10 in an mmo ever. The combat is interesting, interactive, and fun. The quests are standard fare but with cool environments and world mechanics that make locations unique, they can get away with it. We'll see how it goes, but first impression is really good.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

SWTOR still takes the cake for most enjoyable leveling process but Wildstar isn't bad so far. Its definitely better than when I last played, but it could also be the extra 25% exp from subbing. Level 20 atm.

I really want to find a guild that has the 8% exp boost. I have no problem paying a guild tax for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Siya View Post
    Jesus christ. Decided to log into my 50 and try out a heroic dungeon, couldn't make it past the first boss. Ended up in the proto games and it was pretty ass. Sure make bosses hard but I don't know if it's cause a lot of people in my group had just came back or what but we spent 30 minutes before just disbanding.
    Probably. Majority of your stats now come from runes, if you didn't rune prior to going into the dungeon, it's going to adversely effect your ability to complete it.

Give me character names if you're on EntityOG still and I can invite people for xp boosts.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Falisa Asile if you're dominion, but I probably won't be on today. Studying

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    Probably. Majority of your stats now come from runes, if you didn't rune prior to going into the dungeon, it's going to adversely effect your ability to complete it.

Give me character names if you're on EntityOG still and I can invite people for xp boosts.
    Well considering I was doing the most damage and this is the first time I played since I quit 2 months after launch... guess I didn't do as bad as I thought. My gear used to be runed but I think everything was removed... nothing is runed anymore.

Ran it again with a different party and got to the second to last boss then we gave up =/. Pretty hectic but was pretty fun with people who kinda knew what they were doing.

Yeah you're going to need to re-rune everything. If you're using the same gear from then, it's also probably ass as well as there were 2 sets of gear modifications done prior to F2P even happening.

For example, my sword has the following stats:
    Spoiler: show

If every point of each stat weighed the same, I'm getting 22.1% of my stats from the items without runes and 77.9% of my stats from the runes.

Edit: There are guides here

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I feel a little overwhelmed TBH. I used to play it a lot back near release but now I have a hard time keeping track of CDs and more importantly boss abilities. Maybe I just gotta get used to it again but there is always so much shit on the screen lol.

I dumped my launch class and leveled a Warrior, that whole process helped with getting accustomed to the game again in general. Going through the process of doing Contracts, Shiphands, dailies, and Dungeons will eventually get you to a point where you can do your rotation.

If you don't have addons yet, I'd recommend getting them because they'll clear up screen real estate and allow you to only process information you think is important.

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Which addons are worth getting? I'm new to the game as of F2P and I'm still getting used to things. Great time to get things set up properly.

I made this for my friends, there's an addons list near the bottom.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...vS4/edit#gid=0

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Thank you, very helpful!

Send a message to the name in that pic I posted earlier if you want an invite, I've checked a few times but you weren't on.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Haven't been able to even touch a video game since like Saturday. QQ I'll hit you up next time I'm on the game.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

First time I've logged on to the game since last Sunday. Why is it STILL laggy? I assumed this would be sorted out by now. First few battles logging in and it takes like 2-3 seconds for my abilities to do anything.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Been fine for me so far. Little lag in Whitevale, but only in the main city there. Rolled on the PvP server, Exile. Granok Warrior.

They didn't reboot the servers for the past few days so the lag creeped back a bit.