View Poll Results: How generally interested is BG?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im in.

30 25.86%
  • Eh.

50 43.10%
  • No.

36 31.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: WildStar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Is there a decent number of skills per class? Trailers always just showed off the same 2-3 skills being spammed to death, really off putting.

I don't always post, but when I do....
    BG Level

Two Total Biscuit videos from Pax he just posted. In the 2nd video the dev mentions around 30 different abilities, this is around 15 minutes in.

Game looks like a cross between WoW and GW2, honestly. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but I can definitely see it grabbing a decent player base from the people that are tired of WoW but felt like GW2 was too big of a departure from what they've grown used to.

That said, 40-man raids are fucking retarded.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Enjoyed the beta. I wouldn't mind it going B2P. F2P is fine so long as it doesn't go P2W (sadly most go this route). I'm not sure how this game would fare as P2P (in the long run) considering that Carbine still has the whole business model up in the air from Biscuit's interview.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I love the humor from the dev's

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thought the game was meh when I first saw it awhile ago, but looking into it and watching all the trailers I'm rather excited for it now. Hopefully open beta/release is right around the corner from 3E.

The game has some really really good ideas and gameplay mechanics, but Im kinda put off by the art direction they took.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Eh just reminds me of WoW 2.0. I'm not a fan of it, but not gonna hate on it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's pretty fun to play, and the roles system is really nice. Combat is pretty fast paced. I haven't played a ton of the beta to see everything it has to offer, but overall its GW2 combat with WoW questing. There's also a public event here and there. This is just low level stuff though, I have no idea of the game changes halfway through or anything.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looks like a lot of fun, normally I'm all for killing but I might actually play explorer first. So many mmos coming out soon (FF14, ESO, Wildstar and archage which I highly doubt will be out soon) I'm not sure which I'll end up playing the most. I'd like for this to come out really soon as I'm currently mmo-less since gw2 didn't keep my interest for long.

Flying mounts, fetch/kill X quests(?) and 40 man raids. Instant no. Who is this game for? Nostalgic vanilla WOW players? They'll see why 40 man raids were removed(because they're fucking horrible) once the nostalgia glasses wear off.

Flying mounts are potentially being removed due to fan feedback. 40 man raids aren't going to be the end-all-be-all for endgame content. They've talked about letting lowman groups gain competitive endgame gear through the paths and other lowman content. As for fetch/kill quests, those seem to be in the minority as far as the quests in the game are concerned.

Edit: Keep in mind this is all stuff they've talked about, it remains to be seen if they actually follow-through.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

"holy trinity, 40 man raids, heroics, battlegrounds and arenas" "We're making the same MMO that's been made since 2004"

That's what that entire video told me.

Also banking 100% on the 40 man raid to be the "hardest content in the game" and 'stuff for veterans" and only making that hard is hilarious.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

that guy has a jim halpert voice.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    "holy trinity, 40 man raids, heroics, battlegrounds and arenas" "We're making the same MMO that's been made since 2004"

That's what that entire video told me.

Also banking 100% on the 40 man raid to be the "hardest content in the game" and 'stuff for veterans" and only making that hard is hilarious.
    Maybe it'll be the hardest because it's difficult to find 39 competent people to run with you. "Skill based" combat and massive 40 man clusterfucks can't co-exist. I'm really curious to see how the raid turns out if they really believe their game is hard.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

WildStar studio hopes to “fill the void” for people wanting a deep, hardcore MMO
    Carbine Studios’ game design producer Stephan Frost said the team behind the WildStar MMO are hoping to woo some of the 1.3 subscribers World of Warcraft lost between February and April this year.

Speaking with MCV, Frost said the team is making something different, and is crafting an unique structure in order for it to succeed where others have failed or have been forced to go free-to-play.

“We’re making something that’s different,” he said. “We’re coming out at a time when WoW is losing subscribers and we can fill the void for people who want an MMO that’s deep, hardcore but also accessible to people.

“We’ve found through betas and trade shows that MMO players understand our game. They can see the improvements we’ve made and notice that this game is something pretty cool.”

The gameplay in WildStar will depend on which class the player chooses, and is out later this year from NCsoft.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/07/wild...-hardcore-mmo/
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/wilds...t-void/0116800

Lost me on hardcore. All I read is "We're gonna waste your time!"

Yay.

Also, hardcore and accessible...lol

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Can't wait for the game to come out.

Also, different strokes for different folks,etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast