View Poll Results: How generally interested is BG?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im in.

30 25.86%
  • Eh.

50 43.10%
  • No.

36 31.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: WildStar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I'm not a fan of raids getting smaller and smaller. I don't even consider anything under 20 to be raid worthy. They're supposed to be epic encounters not party sized.

Having said that, i don't see 40 working simply for the fact that i don't even know guilds that have 40 active members. Not counting the zerg PVP guilds of course.

This trend of everyone and their mother wanting to form and run their own guilds is hurting content creators more than anything. There's just way too many damn guilds and too many of the good players are spread out among them.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    I'm not a fan of raids getting smaller and smaller. I don't even consider anything under 20 to be raid worthy. They're supposed to be epic encounters not party sized.

Having said that, i don't see 40 working simply for the fact that i don't even know guilds that have 40 active members. Not counting the zerg PVP guilds of course.

This trend of everyone and their mother wanting to form and run their own guilds is hurting content creators more than anything. There's just way too many damn guilds and too many of the good players are spread out among them.
    I'm hoping these [vanilla wow] devs can help turn this trend around. Being able to log on only for a few mins and accomplish something is great, but this solo/pug/casual iq derp fest has been going on for too long now.
    Spoiler: show
    Needs more mensa.

It even hurts the pvp aspects when so many are split up and afraid to fight outside of their "guild class".

A little bit of info on some of their lesser talked about features, "Warplots" and "Adventures":

Carbine has teased details for two features of its upcoming MMORPG Wildstar. Speaking to Strategy Informer, Creative Director Matt Mocarski revealed hints concerning ‘Warplots’ and ‘Adventures’, which have been announced but not discussed in depth.

“Adventures are 5-men group instanced content, but the cool thing about them is that we try out different gameplay styles,” Mocarski revealed.

“One is a bit more of a MOBA, one is a little bit more Capture the Flag, so we take all these different genres of games that we like and we stick them in adventures. There’s also a lot of choice in adventures, so you can replay them a lot.”

Wildstar is a science-fiction themed game with elements of fantasy, with a unique housing system that allows players to own their own plot of land in the sky. Mocarski described to us how Warplots evolved from that original idea:

“Warplots is just this new thing – we took our housing system and thought ‘Hey, wouldn’t it be cool if we put a cannon on my house, and a cannon on your house, and fight each other!’ And that’s essentially where the idea for Warplots came. Outside of just Tower Defence games, it’s a bit like TD meets PvP Battlegrounds.”

Both of these features will be discussed at length in the new year. Wildstar has already entered its Winter Beta phase, and currently has no release date – although publisher NCSoft is aiming for a Q1/Q2 release next year.
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...morpg-wildstar

And something kind of random:

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Love the DDR bit as a Challenge. EXP and items for goofing off? Sign me up.

Anyone have a beta key? Since FFXIV has grown boring and I dont want to go back to WoW before the expansion, a friend showed me this a few days back and it looked kinda fun. I liked the videos and classes.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

No beta keys unless you sign up for one on their site. At least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Phoenix View Post
    No beta keys unless you sign up for one on their site. At least not yet.
    Ahh, they need to fix their damn site. Wont let me login because it says I have an account..but wont send the info for the account to my email -_-

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Gotta sign up with your ncsoft account.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Watch the Stalker Livestream this Saturday at 12.00pm PST / 8.00pm GMT on Twitch with bonus PvP Deathmatch! http://ow.ly/sqeog
    In case anyone missed it, seems things have slowed down a little since the holidays but hopefully we hear some juicy info during the stream, also they mentioned in another tweet that they are sending out beta invites weekly so make sure you check those emails!

Edit: Looks like Carbine got hit by a sweeping flu ahaha

UPDATE: Due to some unfortunate illnesses at Carbine, we're going to have to postpone this stream until next Saturday, January 18th (same time). See you then!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If you want to improve your chances of getting into Beta, there is a Ncsoft Wildstar survey that you can do. I talked to one of the devs and they said this will help.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/wswinterbeta

Carbine will also be giving out friends keys to beta participants next week so maybe I can get some keys.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    If you want to improve your chances of getting into Beta, there is a Ncsoft Wildstar survey that you can do. I talked to one of the devs and they said this will help.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/wswinterbeta

Carbine will also be giving out friends keys to beta participants next week so maybe I can get some keys.
    Hook me up man!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

And me! haha.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Here's hoping you can get a couple

I want in

I submitted that survey longtime ago, probably a ton of people with the same idea did as well. Beta would be clutch right now, I've steamrolled through all the must-watch TV series and could use some breakroom entertainment.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yes, it's an old survey. Also, posting for a beta key if you get some. D:

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'll try my best, I can't guarantee anything.

The recent patch they added a new UI, and a auto face/ lock on target (PVE only)

http://imgur.com/yZTua2Y

New Mounts

New dance moves

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In the recent AMA

Deathgod881: How long until launch?

Frost: The game will be out this year. We are pretty much just polishing the game to make sure we put out an exceptional product. We think it will be worth the wait.

How long can we guess it'll take to polish lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Hoping for like March/April but realistically? Jun/July.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast