View Poll Results: How generally interested is BG?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im in.

30 25.86%
  • Eh.

50 43.10%
  • No.

36 31.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: WildStar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I guess there's more classes to be revealed yet, but before Stalker I wasn't sure what I was going to be, yep. Stalker plz.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Hoping one of the last two classes has a shield. Usually I like beefy two handed swords but warrior doesn't appeal to me at all in this game lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Why didn't any of you fuckers tell me about this game?

This looks awesome, I thought it was just going to be another one of those Korean grinders because it's backed by NCSoft.

You dicks could have said something. My wife even knew about it.

Well, MMOs have been consistantly disappointing/falling below expectations, so I keep them low. Does look alot better than the last time I saw it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You know what, I've largely ignored everything about this because everybody was so hyped about it and every time I've gotten caught up in the hype I've been disappointed, but the mechanics look interesting enough. I personally loved GW2's gameplay but felt that it was missing something, the free form aiming and the way they're doing CC abilities looks to be what I felt was missing.

After XIV ARR though, I'm definitely going to wait a couple of months before buying an MMO. I want to see what the consumers have to say about the endgame cause XIV's endgame is even more disappointing than GW2's and I didn't think that was possible.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    You know what, I've largely ignored everything about this because everybody was so hyped about it and every time I've gotten caught up in the hype I've been disappointed, but the mechanics look interesting enough. I personally loved GW2's gameplay but felt that it was missing something, the free form aiming and the way they're doing CC abilities looks to be what I felt was missing.

After XIV ARR though, I'm definitely going to wait a couple of months before buying an MMO. I want to see what the consumers have to say about the endgame cause XIV's endgame is even more disappointing than GW2's and I didn't think that was possible.
    I don't wanna derail into XIV talk but 2.1 prease rook forward. No launch or relaunch mmo is going to have perfect endgame from the get go, you'd be a fool to expect so. In one of their recent videos showing a dungeon it looked like the devs had no idea what to do with healing.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post

Yeah I get massive GW2 vibes from this game. I have 0 expectations for end game (40 man raids LOL) but I expect this will be a fun ride for a few months (GW2 lasted me a good 6 months with 0 endgame so...). Very tempted to pick it up and sub via in game gold until I'm bored of it. Looks like it'll make for a great time killer since 2.1 is shaping up to have 1 week of content.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    I don't wanna derail into XIV talk but 2.1 prease rook forward. No launch or relaunch mmo is going to have perfect endgame from the get go, you'd be a fool to expect so. In one of their recent videos showing a dungeon it looked like the devs had no idea what to do with healing.
    I love when people do this.

Also yes, why would I expect a complete game upon release? That's just silly.

@ Kiarax: I never really played WoW so I don't know anything about 40 man raids but I can only assume they're giant fusterclucks. I think maybe there could be a way to do it right if you had several groups working in different areas all towards a common goal but I get the feeling nobody's ever done that before or will in the foreseeable future.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

For 40 mans, just think of a lot of ants tossing ranged dots at a big boss in the middle.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I listened to one of their town-hall meetings things on twitch. They had some people from gaming sites/wherever talking about the game. When 40mans were brought up a bunch of people were all for it because they want that feeling back but I think that's stupid as hell. as far as raids, I think they should have 15mans and 25mans. I've never been a raid leader but I can't even imagine trying to get 40 people together. Even 25 seems rough nowadays. 10man raids are fun but I feel like 15 is a sweet spot. not too small not too big.

40 mans suck. However, they won't be the only raids in the game. So there's that, at least.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I love the DevSpeak. It's so entertaining lol.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i agree, lol not so self absorbed, just to the point, with a smidge of humor. let's hope the game is this appealing lol

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

i wanna try this game, i think.

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I may be overly optimistic, but after perusing this thread, I think they're creating something amazing here.

If the game plays as slick as the dev videos look, I could see this doing very well. I'm intrigued.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Funny game overview

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm going to attempt to play this game, WHEN I'M SOBER.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast