View Poll Results: How generally interested is BG?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im in.

30 25.86%
  • Eh.

50 43.10%
  • No.

36 31.03%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47

Thread: WildStar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor View Post
    Been fine for me so far. Little lag in Whitevale, but only in the main city there. Rolled on the PvP server, Exile. Granok Warrior.
    Pretty sure the PVP server was never really having much trouble. When the PVE server had 2 hour queues you could get into the PVP server instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    They didn't reboot the servers for the past few days so the lag creeped back a bit.
    to expand, they never fixed the lag, they only successfully mitigated it enough to where it didn't impact the game - unless the servers weren't rebooted.

From what I can tell, this has something to do specifically with cash shop related items you automatically gain from a dead mob.

Prior to F2P, when a mob died you gained money, XP -> Elder points, and sometimes Glory/Prestige/Reknown AKA all things present in your personal inventory panel.

Now you gain omnibits, service tokens, signature bonuses, etc, and all of these things are calling to a different location and back to then do a calculation and grant you whatever . Hopefully they get rid of or actually fix the problem because this is definitely not a game you can succeed at when it's lagging.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that they'll have it fixed soon but this long its pretty unacceptable. I still don't have much time to play until after next week so think I'll give it one more try once all this stupid adult stuff is done. I don't feel like playing a laggy mess with the limited free time I have right now.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Is there still a way to apply CD keys to an account to get the character slots and stuff, or was that for people who bought prior to F2P only? GF wants to grab it, so we're trying to figure that out.

Would assume this to be the closest answer you may find. Assuming you can just apply the code to a created account and you'd be good to go. Would otherwise seem strange for them to not honor it after the fact, particularly if CDs are still being sold out there. Worse case, contact their support.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's worked that way in all other games I've noticed.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Wildstar to remind everyone that they are still a thing on January 4th
    https://twitter.com/WildStar/status/815256307913674752 | https://twitter.com/WildStar/status/815983696935194626

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

this game hasnt been shut down yet?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It still performs well enough to turn a profit.

I'm not sure about the current state of Carbine, but there was a huge mass exodus of personnel following release due to the poor launch so I doubt NCSoft is really paying much money to maintain it besides the obvious server costs.

My friends work on the game netted them their current position at Bungie, so Wildstar was a rousing success from my PoV

Edit : Just looking it up they laid off about 40% of work force in early 2016, on top of the roughly half of the employees that originally left in the 3-4 months after release.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Despite it's failure, there were some great work behind certain aspects of the game; the game was visually spectacular and whoever was in charge of the Wild-star Flicks videos was pointedly talented. Also, the shear amount of launch content created, was much cheaper and quicker then most MMO games. If it had been released as F2P, a much better UI, and had a lot less arrogant head development leadership (focused way to narrowly on a "hard core" mentality), this game would have done a lot better. I've always felt they made the next evolution of an MMO, but ignored the obvious lessons of the past, making them fall flat on their face at the starting gate.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

https://kotaku.com/wildstar-develope...own-1828862729

Carbine is dead. Wildstar to shut down soon

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

November 28th the shut down date:

WildStar Closure Announcement

When Carbine first started working on what would become WildStar back in 2005, the team set out to make something special that presented a different kind of MMORPG experience. At launch, the Carbine team delivered a deep, engaging, and spectacularly fun game full of outlandish adventures on the most legendary planet in the universe. And it has been our great privilege to share those adventures with all of you over the last four years.

Unfortunately, as you may have heard, those adventures are coming to an end. It’s never easy to say goodbye to something, especially something that has meant so much for so many—but the WildStar game service will close on November 28.

From now until then we’re going to do everything we can to honor the WildStar community, and show thanks for your support. Please visit the official WildStar website to see everything we have in store for you along with details on the final game update, refunds and more.

Again, a most heartfelt thank you goes out from all of us to you, to sharing this wild, intergalactic ride with us, and to helping make WildStar an experience that truly could not have been possible without you. Thank you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The game is also throwing out premium currency like candy. With some prime carries you could probably have an ilv150 character within the end of the day from scratch.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So close to killing WoW. So damn close.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Bless or AoC will kill WoW, I just know it!

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah, after all that talk about killing WoW, I can't find myself to be any thing but bemused about this.