1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Signatures     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Much appreciation, as usual. I just thought I would mention that they are removing elemental affinities in the next patch in case you weren't aware, so you may want to take that into consideration regarding extra design space in the near future. Also, I'm thinking it may be pointless to put work into listing attribute now that they are removing stat allocation (for now).

A thought: I'm sure some people might be interested in some sort of subtle identifier (color/highlight/etc.) for classes that are at 50. It seems like it would be simple enough to code (not like I would know).
    I must have missed the post about removing elemental affinities, do you have a link? Seems weird that they would pull it right out of the game. As for stat display, if people are still interested (the part I display is what is in brackets on Lodestone; ie. the buffed version of the stat) I will still try to get it coded, though it is last on the list of priorities because not putting it won't break the sigs where as some of the other changes need to be done before 1.19 hits.

I thought about some kind of indication for showing jobs you have at 50 but I decided against them. As you can see in the example pic above the highlighting also shows your current class so showing it on your 50 classes confuses things. As it stands right now, the icon display is sorted from highest to lowest rank per discipline so if people want to see what you have at 50 all they have to do is look to the left of each group. That said, if people really want some sort of highlighting for max level classes I am open to suggestion.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I thought I remembered it being a little bit more specific, but this is what they said:

Attribute and element points will be abolished, and character development will be automated based on class level.
    ...followed by them saying they would later re-implement the ability to reallocate attribute points (but no mention of elemental points).

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I thought I remembered it being a little bit more specific, but this is what they said:

...followed by them saying they would later re-implement the ability to reallocate attribute points (but no mention of elemental points).
    Interesting, I guess I will sit tight on the stat and elem changes for now then until we see where they are going with it.

I have completed the work on the current class display and highlighting. I left the highlight colour as white because it was the best colour to show on all the different backgrounds. It is also a 1px thick highlight, I tried 2px but it was way too thick and unfortunately there is no in-between. If you do not re-run the tool and choose your new display option then the physical level circle will simply disappear the next time your sig updates. You have the option of enabling the icon on your profile pic, highlighting the icon in the list of classes, both at once, or none. I will be moving the files over to the live box over the next hour, I don't anticipate any weirdness but you never know.

Also to note, there are currently 241 signatures created with the service. Got to say, that is more than I expected.

#EDIT(September 11 @ 2019EDT)# Upload of files is complete, changes are live. Should you have any issues... you know the drill.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is it possible to make an option to disable the picture? Seeing my Roeg in his undershirt doesn't really do anything for me. That would make more room for stats too.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It certainly is possible, it will have to wait though until I get some more time to go on another coding bender heh. My free time comes in fits and spurts atm but I will let you know if I get a chance to put it in.

I think by the time I am done this will be a complete "Build your own sig" tool hahah

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Would it be hard for you to remove the picture and just center the information instead? I'm unsure how hard that would be from a coding standpoint.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    Would it be hard for you to remove the picture and just center the information instead? I'm unsure how hard that would be from a coding standpoint.
    Not so much hard as fiddly and time consuming which is why it will have to wait until I can get some more free time to concentrate on it. Mostly a lot of tweaking the co-ordinates, testing, evaluating, over and over and over to find the right position and balance.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Looks like SE changed website data around or something and all fields are now blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Looks like SE changed website data around or something and all fields are now blank.
    Yep they redid the character page , had to change my lodestone parser if anyone wants it just send me a PM.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I figured this would happen but couldn't do much until the new layout was released. I will try to get it fix the parsing tonight at work if it is slow. Standby.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Alright folks, another update. It took a little fighting with the code (SE made a few subtle changes that threw 1-2 wrenches into my method) but I was able to repair the parsing and get the signatures working again. They should all work fine when they auto-update as usual but if you want it fixed faster then go ahead and re-run the tool. I haven't had time to read BG lately so if something breaks or isn't working right please PM me (I will get an email notification).

BG Level

You sir (ma'am?) are a god.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks Sign!

BG Level

Did SE ninja the data again? All character profiles are black squares.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Did SE ninja the data again? All character profiles are black squares.
    le sigh.... wish they would quit fucking with things. I will take a look at it as soon as I can.

Ok I take that back, appears that nothing has changed on the SE side, for some reason my script has imploded when it modifies the profile pics... working on it as we speak. Please stand by.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Alright peeps, issue resolved. Turns out the host rolled out an update that disabled remote access to URLs. Got it all sorted out, either re-create your signatures or simply wait for their next refresh and all should be fixed. Sorry about that.

BG Level

Quick suggestion. Assuming there is a tracker of sorts for achievements in the next patch, maybe our signatures can display that instead of our attribute/elemental stats?

Also, you're probably aware of it, but just in case, the Sentinel class is being removed next patch and all their abilities are going to GLA.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Hey folks, just a heads up. The friend that has been hosting these sigs is shutting down his server. I don't really have money to run a server just to host this so unfortunately it is going to be taken down by the end of the month at most, and end of the week at the earliest.

If anyone wants to host it, let me know, I will upload the code/files to you. If not, glad you guys enjoyed the sigs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

404'd

Quote Originally Posted by Totien View Post
    404'd
    Great job reading the last post in the thread.