1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 0 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 9 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Signatures     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Dynamic Signatures

Hey there BG!

After much time and headache I have finally completed my FFXIV sig generator, I know there are others out there as well but I felt like brushing up on my web programming and this seemed like a good project. My original plan was to only release it to my linkshell but I have decided that I would extend the courtesy to BG forum members as well. I have read these forums for many many years, well back into the glory days of FFXI and would like to give something back in the way of unique sigs for BG forumites.

Obviously I have no way of restricting access to this short of creating a login and I don't want to do that so instead I will just request that people don't post the link on other sites/forums.

If you have any issues with the sigs let me know either in this post or via PM.

#EDIT (July 31 @ 1053EDT)# There was an issue with the re-caching of the images causing duplicate text, if you are affected by this issue please use the tool to regenerate your signature. The issue should be resolved. If you were not affected by the issue than you should not have to do anything.

#EDIT (September 11 @ 1951EDT)# I have completed the work on the current class display and highlighting. I left the highlight colour as white because it was the best colour to show on all the different backgrounds. It is also a 1px thick highlight, I tried 2px but it was way too thick and unfortunately there is no in-between. If you do not re-run the tool and choose your new display option then the physical level circle will simply disappear the next time your sig updates. You have the option of enabling the icon on your profile pic, highlighting the icon in the list of classes, both at once, or none. I will be moving the files over to the live box over the next hour, I don't anticipate any weirdness but you never know.

#EDIT (October 5 @ 2006EDT)# Alright folks, another update. It took a little fighting with the code (SE made a few subtle changes that threw 1-2 wrenches into my method) but I was able to repair the parsing and get the signatures working again after the Lodestone changes from 1.19. They should all work fine when they auto-update as usual but if you want it fixed faster then go ahead and re-run the tool. I haven't had time to read BG lately so if something breaks or isn't working right please PM me (I will get an email notification).

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I was just looking around to see if anyone made something cleaner/nicer than the enjin crap.

However, I'd thought I would let you know, I put in my character's information correctly (Miya Kai) and it gave me: Kai Amamiya's signature. I think the first and last fields are swapped or something. (didn't work when I flipped them around though)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

cool, thanks!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I was just looking around to see if anyone made something cleaner/nicer than the enjin crap.

However, I'd thought I would let you know, I put in my character's information correctly (Miya Kai) and it gave me: Kai Amamiya's signature. I think the first and last fields are swapped or something. (didn't work when I flipped them around though)

/sigh... I tested a bunch of different random names (pulled from Lodestone) for issues like this and didn't see a single one.

I have made a correction to the search and it now pulls your sig correctly. Sorry about that.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'll love you forever. These look great and was trying to find a replacement for my broken sig.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

lol I've been working on this too for the same reason. Plus I got fed up of the Enjin one not updating and it's limitations, my sig on here is like a month behind where it should be. But yeah my sig generator isn't ready yet. Only works for myself so not using it outside my LS forums.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Sign View Post
    /sigh... I tested a bunch of different random names (pulled from Lodestone) for issues like this and didn't see a single one.

I have made a correction to the search and it now pulls your sig correctly. Sorry about that.
    Sweet, thanks! I have no problem bug testing for you.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The sigs look great, best I've seen so far. Great job!

Edit: Oh yeah I wanted to ask, is it ok if I use the sig on other forums, just don't tell anyone where I got it?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    The sigs look great, best I've seen so far. Great job!

Edit: Oh yeah I wanted to ask, is it ok if I use the sig on other forums, just don't tell anyone where I got it?
    Exactly, use it wherever just don't actually provide the link to the tool.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It looks like something happened and it's now double-listing the names/linkshells/servers/etc. Just in case you didn't notice as I think it just started doing that today.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

wow that is an odd one.. once again, something I never witnessed during all of my testing. Early guess is that something goofed when it went to update the stats, I will have to check it tomorrow. Too late tonight to look at code. Apologies to anyone with a messed up sig.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    It looks like something happened and it's now double-listing the names/linkshells/servers/etc. Just in case you didn't notice as I think it just started doing that today.
    Ok, I think I found and fixed the issue, if I am right I had it was appending the name and servers onto itself. I shortened the sig refresh to 5s and tested a bunch of iterations and could not repeat the issue after the change so I believe it is fixed. However, you have to re-generate the sig to get rid of the duplicate text because it is now stored with your character data.

As a side note, Mio did you right click and save image url on the generated image instead of using the direct link option? I noticed your sig has the ?time* appended to it, that isn't needed for display outside of the tool, I just had to add that to force the browser to refresh the image when you change options.

Once again, if anyone has any issue (or any suggestions) please let me know.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Hmm, I honestly don't remember because I did it both ways because I ended up closing the browser tab on accident at one point. Thanks a bunch for looking into it, I'll go re-generate it to make sure.

Again, much appreciated.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

This is definitely the best sig generator around, I really like the customization of displayed info. Thanks for making it and sharing it with us!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Karinastar View Post
    This is definitely the best sig generator around, I really like the customization of displayed info. Thanks for making it and sharing it with us!
    Thank you. The customization was really the core idea when I decided to make them.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Indeed. The guardian's icon instead of their sometimes absurdly long names was a nice touch.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is there anyway you could add in an option to display stats instead of elements? Not like hp and mp, but just the base stats? Put them in the place of the elements perhaps as an option.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Very nice indeed, much better than the other sig generator people are/were using. Thanks for sharing!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    Is there anyway you could add in an option to display stats instead of elements? Not like hp and mp, but just the base stats? Put them in the place of the elements perhaps as an option.
    It is something I can look into, I don't know how well it will look though since there is no icon for the stats it will have to just be letter based. When I get some free time I will play around with it. In the stat display on the lodestone (ie STR 90(90)) what is the number in brackets supposed to represent? I have never seen it be a differing value.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think the number in the parenthesis is your stats after adding the bonus on your gear.... I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast