1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Guess I can expect my iMac 2010 with Core I3 and 256 MB (Radeon HD 4670) not to run it lol

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Velen

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Guess I can expect my iMac 2010 with Core I3 and 256 MB (Radeon HD 4670) not to run it lol
    For reference, my setup is:

iMac 27" @ 2560x1440 Quad-Core i7 @ 2.93Ghz ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512MB VRAM) w/ 12GB DDR3 So-DIMM @ 1067Mhz.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Hey Limi have you gotten your 14 to reconize the analogs of your gamepad? I can't seem to get mine to do it :/ Every other button works fine but the analogs aren't being set.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Velen

Quote Originally Posted by NeoForte View Post
    Hey Limi have you gotten your 14 to reconize the analogs of your gamepad? I can't seem to get mine to do it :/ Every other button works fine but the analogs aren't being set.
    I'm sorry. I don't know much about getting a controller to work on PC or Mac. I use the keyboard

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I cant get the login to show

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thank you very much for the guide. My only problem: the game runs, but all of the text is in Japanese. I've selected English, both during the installation and in ffxivconfig.exe (I've tried with and without using windows fonts). Any ideas on what I might have done wrong or how to change it?

EDIT: Actually, after restarting a few times the game is now in English (though the launcher is still in Japanese). The problems I'm now having are the coremidi.framework "not responding" which causes the audio to cut out (it works fine when I start the game but randomly stops after about 10 seconds) and the game then freezes up when I actually try to log in with a character. I'm not sure if it's related to the coremidi.framework crash or not :/

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'v been trying to set FFXIV on my mac, and I can't finish updating the patch.
    After it downloaded all the patches, it collapses when it's trying to install. Nothing happens, the percentages never move.

The other thing I notice is that when it checks that the files have been downloaded (before collapsing), the music eventually stops. Different time each time I run it.

I've been trying to make the logs appear. It worked the first time, but now they are not showing up.

That time I remember on the wine log there was an error because WR_BKGRCHANGE or something like that wasn't installed yet.

On the other window, at the end I remember there were some files missing in X11, but that log was bigger and I don't remember all in there. I will keep trying to make the logs show up and I'll post them if I'm successful. Any ideas?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok, I ran the program with the "Test Run (Debug Mode)" option and this is the only way I could get the log files although they are different from the first time I got the logs:
    File: LastRunWine.log
    =========================fixmele:CoCreateInstance no instance created for interface {3e90ade3-7594-4cb0-bb58-69628f5f458c} of class {529a9e6b-6587-4f23-ab9e-9c7d683e3c50}, hres is 0x80004002
    fixme:imm:ImmDisableTextFrameService Stub
    fixme:imm:ImmDisableTextFrameService Stub
    fixme:imm:ImmGetOpenStatus (0x127bf0): semi-stub
    fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCONVERSIONMODE
    fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0xfffffffe): stub
    fixme:d3d:init_driver_info Unable to find a driver/device info for vendor_id=0x10de device_id=0x8a0 for driver_model=2
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x201ec60,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:d3d:debug_d3dformat Unrecognized 0x434f5441 (as fourcc: ATOC) WINED3DFORMAT!
    fixme:d3d:wined3d_get_format Can't find format unrecognized (0x434f5441) in the format lookup table
    fixme:d3d:debug_d3dformat Unrecognized 0x41415353 (as fourcc: SSAA) WINED3DFORMAT!
    fixme:d3d:wined3d_get_format Can't find format unrecognized (0x41415353) in the format lookup table
    fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
    fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
    fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0xb0): stub
    fixme:wave:wodDsCreate DirectSound not implemented
    fixme:wave:wodDsCreate The (slower) DirectSound HEL mode will be used instead.
    fixme:wave:wodDsCreate DirectSound not implemented
    fixme:wave:wodDsCreate The (slower) DirectSound HEL mode will be used instead.
    errle:CoGetClassObject class {e2085f28-feb7-404a-b8e7-e659bdeaaa02} not registered
    errle:CoGetClassObject no class object {e2085f28-feb7-404a-b8e7-e659bdeaaa02} could be created for context 0x1
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x2d1467c "?" wait timed out in thread 0025, blocked by 0027, retrying (60 sec)
    fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x10066, 0x127bf0): stub
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x2d1467c "?" wait timed out in thread 0025, blocked by 0027, retrying (60 sec)
    XIO: fatal IO error 35 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":5671"
    after 11 requests (7 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
    XIO: fatal IO error 35 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":5671"
    after 43 requests (43 known processed) with 1 events remaining.
    ===========================
    File: LastRunX11.log
    ===========================X11.app: DISPLAY does not look like a launchd set variable, unsetting.
    X11.app: main(): argc=12
    argv[0] = /Users/dfurda18/Desktop/Final Fantasy XIV.app/Contents/MacOS/WineskinX11
    argv[1] = :5671
    argv[2] = -depth
    argv[3] = 24
    argv[4] = +xinerama
    argv[5] = -br
    argv[6] = -fp
    argv[7] = /usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/encodings,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/misc,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/OTF,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/TTF,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/Type1,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/util
    argv[8] = -xkbdir
    argv[9] = /Users/dfurda18/Desktop/Final Fantasy XIV.app/Contents/Resources/WineskinEngine.bundle/X11/share/X11/xkb
    argv[10] = +extension
    argv[11] = /tmp/Wineskin/bin/quartz-wm
    Waiting for startup parameters via Mach IPC.
    X11.app: No launchd socket handed off, unsetting DISPLAY
    X11.app: do_start_x11_server(): argc=12
    argv[0] = /Users/dfurda18/Desktop/Final Fantasy XIV.app/Contents/MacOS/WineskinX11
    argv[1] = :5671
    argv[2] = -depth
    argv[3] = 24
    argv[4] = +xinerama
    argv[5] = -br
    argv[6] = -fp
    argv[7] = /usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/encodings,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/misc,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/OTF,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/TTF,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/Type1,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/util
    argv[8] = -xkbdir
    argv[9] = /Users/dfurda18/Desktop/Final Fantasy XIV.app/Contents/Resources/WineskinEngine.bundle/X11/share/X11/xkb
    argv[10] = +extension
    argv[11] = /tmp/Wineskin/bin/quartz-wm
    Attempting to use pixel depth of 24
    [mi] Extension "/tmp/Wineskin/bin/quartz-wm" is not recognized
    [mi] Only the following extensions can be run-time enabled:
    [mi] Generic Events
    [mi] DAMAGE
    [mi] DOUBLE-BUFFER
    [mi] GLX
    [mi] MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
    [mi] MIT-SHM
    [mi] RANDR
    [mi] RENDER
    [mi] X-Resource
    [mi] XFIXES
    [mi] XINERAMA
    [mi] XTEST
    [mi] XVideo
    Xquartz starting:
    X.Org X Server 1.9.3
    Build Date: 20110128
    2011-08-15 14:15:15.616 WineskinX11[645:903] NSDocumentController Info.plist warning: The values of CFBundleTypeRole entries must be 'Editor', 'Viewer', 'None', or 'Shell'.
    [dix] Could not init font path element /usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/encodings, removing from list!
    /bin/sh: -c: option requires an argument
    /bin/sh: /usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/encodings,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/misc,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/OTF,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/TTF,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/Type1,/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/util: No such file or directory
    /bin/sh: -c: option requires an argument
    Quitting Xquartz
    start_x11_server: (ipc/mig) server died
    =====================
    If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Velen

If it's collapsing when trying to install, that's most likely a file missing on your Mac files, not the Wine files. X11 and Xquartz are very testy if you've ever messed with those files through extensive system configure programs. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about X11 programming. For the "white screen" problem, that's an IE.DLL override issue. It either means that ie6.dll override wasn't properly installed and needs to be re-ran, or it could be you just need to use ie7.dll or ie8.dll overrides.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't have the latest OS. And I haven't messed with any of the files, my computer is brand new. I don't know much of macs, I'm new at this. But I just saw that the new OS is just 40 bucks, so I when I get some money, I will install it on my computer and see if it works after that.
    The thread said that it should work on my OSX, but maybe it doesn't cause of something from the new OSX. I will let you know how I do after updating the OS.

Using the Ie7.dll fixed my problem for having a white screen, but now I have a problem where every time I type a letter a blank IExplorer window appears, and when I try to type in my password boxes appear. The log-in screen is also Japanese (I don't know if that is an issue).

Quote Originally Posted by asyla View Post
    Using the Ie7.dll fixed my problem for having a white screen, but now I have a problem where every time I type a letter a blank IExplorer window appears, and when I try to type in my password boxes appear. The log-in screen is also Japanese (I don't know if that is an issue).
    Same problem here.

Ie6.dll was telling me to rename /Users/username/Library/Caches/winetricks/ie6/ie60.exe, but I couldn't locate this file to rename it (even searched through terminal).

Continue anyway; updates fine. Get to blank login screen. Change setting in config like guide says. Reload to login, still blank screen. Retry several times, still doesn't work.

I also tried using ie7.dll instead which gives me a Japanese login screen. Although I can type my name and password in, it does not allow me to login.

Please, help!! I'd love to be able to play this and I feel like it's ie6.dll which is the main problem here. How do I fix it?

btw I have a 15" i5 MBP with OS X Lion - laptop was bought new this year

EDIT: I've completely reinstalled 3 times now using this guide word for word. I am sure my only problem is the ie6.dll.

Are there ANY workarounds to ie6, or a way to stop getting the error message that I need to rename it? This is so frustrating...

Finally found ie60.exe and renamed to ie60old.exe. Wine still tells me to rename...

Using ie8.dll I am able to login. The login screen is still in Japanese, though.

The character select screen appears normal, but all my characters are invisible. Once I get into the game, the graphics do not display properly. First I was only seeing shadows, then after changing some graphic settings, I see nothing but the UI.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

So I followed this guide as well, but I have the stupid white screen problem. I can't find anything about ie6.dll or anything of the sort. Can someone help me, tell me where it is, what I need to do or anything? I'm been stuck here for two days now because I have no idea how to fix this.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Velen

Having the login screen in Japanese shouldn't effect the login process (mainly cause you don't have a Japanese keyboard). The only difference is that your keyed in letters should pop-up as just hollow boxes, but it should still allow you to login.

As for the IE*.DLL problem, you need to either upgrade the .dll to IE7 or IE8. I have honestly never ran into the renaming problem w/ ie6.dll with any wine'd program before. The process for updating/installing ie7 or ie8 is the same as running it in Winetricks and making sure that it says that it has installed successfully.

Also, you don't have to completely re-install FFXIV to re-do the Wineskin Wrapper! Just open the wrapper's "Content Package" and move the folder named "Square Enix" onto your Mac OSX desktop. When you create a new wrapper, just make the wrapper and don't choose to install anything. Then, go and place the "Square Enix" folder back in to wrapper's contents package in "Programs" (I believe; not looking at it right now). Then, just change the .EXE launcher with the browser and browse to "ffxivboot.exe".

That way, you won't have to re-install and it will already be updated and ready to go. This allows you to mess with .DLL extensions and see which ones work for you.

Thanks for the reply, Liminality. Any ideas on why I am only able to see the UI when I log in? I can move around and hear everything fine, but no graphics are displayed.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thanks from me too. So just because my Login Screen is in Japanese doesn't mean my game will be in it?
    How will I know what's what in Japanese/English too. Guess I'll just have to mess around with it. I wish I could just use ie6 so it would be normal though.

Iyokuu - Install the ie8.dll in your wrapper. This should allow you to see the login screen, but it will be in Japanese. Just ignore this and type in your name and pass, as usual. Once you log in, everything will be in english.

Good luck to you. I can get in to the game, but my graphics don't load. Just a bunch of big purple shapes everywhere. I installed dx9 correctly and also changed the settings in ffxivconfig.exe correctly.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Well I can do all that, but now I actually have to buy the game for the registration code. I thought all I needed to do was put in payment info, but I guess not.