1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 5 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I am stuck on step 26, "hit general, go to Font settings, hit "Use a Windows Font", choose any font, and hit save changes."I cannot find this option once I select the language .I keep getting ffxivboot.exe has encountered a serious problem. I am using a 21 iMac, 2.5 Ghz is there anything I am doing wrong?

I've got it working fine on my new 27" iMac. The only problem is no sound. Need to mess with the sound settings it seems.

Thanks for the info!

ok, so I got the game to update, and start up, however, during cutscenes, there is nothing but a blank screen, and outside of them, during the times I have control, the game runs at around 1 frame per second. any reason this would happen on a new Imac, with an i5 chip, and a 2 gb gpu? the sound works fine, and has no lag whatsoever, it's just the video. is there some reason that the game wouldn't find my gpu through wineskin?

Downloaded the newest version of wine(1.6) and can't really find WS8wine1.4-rc6. There is WS8wine1.4, WS8wine1.4.1, WS8wine1.4NoXinput2, and WS8wine1.4.1NoXInput2. Sorry if this is basic and nub but I could really use some help. Thanks in advance.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

update patch freezes

everything seems to go okay from the installation and on but when I get to step 21 it seems like it is updating the patch then freezes and I get a weird Wine error and it has to close.

D:

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Anybody tried using Wineskin to run the 14 day trial of FFXI from a download? Seems like there is a file difference, in the downloaded version I can't seem to find any files called "ffxivsetup.exe", "ffxivboot.exe", or "ffxivconfig.exe". I have gotten it to run all the way through the updates under a command called "polboot.exe" but as soon as I try and run the game it freezes. Any ideas? I had to skip alot of steps on the guide because I couldn't locate the correct files.

I wanted to make sure my system could run the game before buying, hence the trial download. Thanks!

May have to try this on my back up PC at work.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I have Mac OS Lion and am trying to run the installer for FFVII from square enix. Downloads all the way to 100% but then just drops this error message on me. Go to address but the file Temp isn't there. Have been trying to find out a fix for days . Any help would be much appreciated.

Error:
    ---------
    Runtime Error (at -1:0)

Cannot Import
    dll:C:\name\Temp\is-14C72.tmp\isskin.dll.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

HELP cant find WS71.3.25

I can only see WS8 1.3.25 WHAT DO I DO!!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

so i get to step 13 and at the end of the winetricks running this happens... any ideas?

"
    Checksum for /Users/######/Library/Caches/winetricks/win2ksp4/W2KSP4_EN.EXE did not match, retrying download
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Downloading ttp://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D2A8-40D0-A0C5-241BFECD095E/W2KSP4_EN.EXE to /Users/######/Library/Caches/winetricks/win2ksp4
    "

and after trying to download...

"sha1sum mismatch! Rename /Users/######/Library/Caches/winetricks/win2ksp4/W2KSP4_EN.EXE and try again."

all i can guess is that its trying to download to a folder that doesnt exist or something. but i really have no idea...

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Why do you even try 1.0 is kinda down and 2.0 might not work the same way for MAC

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

stuck on step 19

getting stuck on steps 15-19.

the directx window keeps popping up every time and failing. and when i choose the other option, to cancel rather than accept, i get an error message saying "no new executable files found."

im trying to install this at work and we only have macs

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Chance
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by murrdok View Post
    getting stuck on steps 15-19.

the directx window keeps popping up every time and failing. and when i choose the other option, to cancel rather than accept, i get an error message saying "no new executable files found."

im trying to install this at work and we only have macs
    Holy necro.
    Can't say I read the thread but ffxiv works out of the box on bootcamp w/ win7 at least.
    There will be also a native Mac client available on the 19th or 23rd of June (not sure if Mac get early access).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5