Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Dr. Strange (November 4, 2016): Confirmed Macross Woosh

Director: Scott Derrickson
    Writers:Thomas Dean Donnelly, Joshua Oppenheimer, & Jon Spaihts
    IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1211837/
    Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Strange_(film)

Synopsis:
    Doctor Strange follows the story of neurosurgeon Doctor Stephen Strange who, after a horrific car accident, discovers the hidden world of magic and alternate dimensions.
    Cast:

Benedict Cumberbatch - Dr. Steven Strange
    Tilda Swinton - The Ancient One
    Chiwetel Ejiofor - Baron Karl Mordo
    Mads Mikkelsen
    Rachel McAdams
    Michael Stuhlbarg - Nicodemus West
    Scott Adkins
    Amy Landecker

Trailers:

Notes:
    • Announcement:
      Spoiler: show
      In my opinion Dr. Strange should be at the top of the list of films that Marvel needs to make. He's such a great character, and would make for an awesome live-action film. This movie has been trying to get to the big screen for years, Guillermo del Toro even expressed interest in directing it at one point.

Last year it was reported that Marvel hired Thomas Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer (Conan the Barbarian, Cowboys & Aliens) to write the script for the film which put Dr. Strange into actual development. We haven't heard much since then, but today it's being reported that the two writers have turned in their script, and now the studio is looking to attach a director to the film. There's no word on who any of these directors would be, but they have a short list, and the script is being sent out to them.

I hope they bring on a solid director to take on this project. This could really turn out being a crappy film if put into the wrong hands. I wish Del Toro would still take it, but I don't think that's going to happen. If we can't have Del Toro, who would you like to see take it on? I think it would be great if they brought on a great upcoming filmmaker like Duncan Jones. Who would you like to see play Dr. Strange? Patrick Dempsey has expressed some interest, but I'm not so sure that he's got what it takes to play the role. I'm just excited that this project is moving forward!
      http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/8/1/...-director.html
      http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/08/b...ontent=Twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I know it is still in the planning stages, but the Dread Dormammu has to be in it

I hope Johnny Depp will be playing Dr. Strange

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

How can you have Robert D JR as both Strange and Iron Man?

Blackice

I've found the actor for Dr. Strange, Marvel make it happen.

http://www.popentertainment.com/EdQuinn02.jpg

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    I've found the actor for Dr. Strange, Marvel make it happen.

http://www.popentertainment.com/EdQuinn02.jpg
    this
    or just force him to go back to Eureka
    Now.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

We need a Secret Wars movie.NOW.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I still think Doctor Strange would have made for an excellent television series maybe on SyFy had they decided to go that route instead of the movies.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

So the internet seems to be on fire over the fact that Disney has registered some Doctor Strange web domains. I saw this news hit the net yesterday, but decided to hold off on it just to see how many other websites picked up on it to pass it off as actual news. Well, a ton of entertainment outlets and blogs picked up on it basically saying that that it's proof that Disney is moving forward with the film production.

The thing is... the best proof we've seen so far that Disney is moving forward with production on this film is that fact that a script for the film was actually completed and turned in over two months ago. Have an entire script written is much more solid news than a domain for a Doctor Strange soundtrack website. We also all know a Doctor Strange movie is going to get made, it's 100% going to happen, we just don't know when Disney and Marvel is actually going to thrust it into production and release it. So why are these domain names news? I don't understand the internet sometimes... it's a mad beast.

Here are the domain names that were registered in case you are interested,

avengers-soundtrack.com, avengersmusic.net, doctorstrangesoundtrack.com, drstrangesoundtrack.com, drstrangesoundtrack.net, ironman3soundtrack.com, ironman3soundtrack.net, marvel-music.com, marvel-music.net, marvelmusic.net, thor2soundtrack.com, thor2soundtrack.net.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/10/6...medium=twitter
    http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-...tration-17998/

Prepare yourselves for magic! The Sorcerer Supreme himself, Dr. Strange, is no doubt on his way to starring in one of your next favorite Marvel movies, but we at MTV News aren’t the only ones with our sights set on the enigmatic master of the mystic arts.

Stan Lee has long been a proponent of the film's creation, and the character even has Patrick Dempsey practicing his incantations in front of his mirror at home. However the newest fan to join the fray is none other than Doc Hammer of "Venture Bros." fame, who recently spoke at New York Comic Con about his lifelong dream of bringing everybody’s favorite magic slinging surgeon to the big screen.

“I’ve got notebooks and notebooks of stuff on Doctor Strange,” said Hammer, according to Spinoff Online. “I’ve been making that pitch since I was 8 years old. I can walk into a room and go ‘Are you ready for the greatest Doctor Strange movie ever made?’ and they’ll go ‘We’ve never even made a Doctor Strange movie.”

Those are some bold words, but unfortunately for Hammer they are making a "Dr. Strange" movie; Marvel Studios has already hired “Conan” screenwriters Thomas Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer to pen the script. It looks like Hammer may have missed the boat for the first "Dr. Strange" movie, but that doesn’t mean he won't get another shot down the line.

Hammer has more than proved he can write about the mystical and arcane powers of the cosmos. Anyone who has watched "Venture Bros." is well aware of Dr. Venture’s oddball tenant who resides in an abandoned wing of his compound, Dr. Orpheus. The over the top necromancer communes with the forces of the mystic beyond, and answers to a demigod that takes the shape of a three headed dog that lives in his daughter’s closet.

With penchants for astral projection, levitation, fireballs and raising the dead, Dr. Orpheus was probably Doc Hammer’s only real outlet for his true passion, Dr. Strange. I have no doubt that Hammer’s vision of the film would literally be out of his world. About his "Strange" pitch, Hammer claimed: “You could have watched it seven times and every single time it would of been a different movie. It [would have been] the Mad Libs of film.”

No doubt it would have been, and still can be if the stars align just so. Fret not Doc, Donnelly and Oppenheimer can get through all of that boring surgeon stuff and you get to skip straight to the goods: magic!
    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/11/01...octor-strange/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd really like to see what Doc Hammer would do with Dr. Strange. I'd hope it wouldn't be as camp as Venture Beos.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

movie would have to be Baron Mordo bringing the Dread Dormammu into the world, right?
    I don't know who saw the Dr. Strange animated, but thats one of the better ones Marvel has done.

Blackice

If they're doing an origins story which I'm sure that's what it'll be, then yes it would have to include Mordo/Dorm otherwise it'll be worse than the X-Men trilogy combined. Also, the animated movie for Strange was all sorts of awesome. I highly recommend it to others.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

It has been confirmed that the script for Doctor Strange has been completed by Thomas Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer (Conan The Barbarian, Sahara) and Marvel Studios are now actively seeking a director to come in and helm the project. Once the director has come on board, they will then be searching for the cast to star in Doctor Strange.

The budget for Doctor Strange is not expected to be anywhere near as much as that of the bigger Marvel movies but it is still believed that, with the right script, the right director and the right cast, a good superhero movie could definitely come out of this. Production on Doctor Strange is expected to begin this year, with a release date likely to be sometime in 2013.
    http://www.fansshare.com/news/doctor...-set-for-2013/

Synopsis;

Doctor Strange centres around a New York surgeon, who stops running his practice after suffering injuries in a car crash. He then becomes a drifter and heads to the Himalayas, where he meets a healer and discovers that he has a great psychic power to fight against evil. Doctor Strange boasts powers that includes telepathy, teleportation, energy and astral projection.
    http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/now-...medium=twitter

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Dormammu or =>

Blackice

Willing to put money on the main baddie being Mordo with maybe Dorm pulling the strings in the background.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia View Post
    Dormammu or =>
    Obviously ;o

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Secret Wars would be awesome.

They could also add Shuma-Gorath as the final boss.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PHASE 3
    Does that mean seeing our favorite goatee-wearing sorcerer in Phase Three?

'Doctor Strange,' which I've been talking about for years, is definitely one of them," he confirmed. "He's a great, original character, and he checks the box off this criteria that I have: he's totally different from anything else we have, just like 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' He's totally different from anything we've done before, as is 'Ant-Man,' which keeps us excited.
    So while a Doctor Strange movie still hasn't been officially announced by the company, we know that Feige plans to include it in Phase Three, which is good news for fans who have been teased for years about seeing a live-action version of the character come to life.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/1/25...phase-thr.html
    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/25...trange-marvel/

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Like all of you, I'm enjoying the hell out of what Marvel is doing with their cinematic universe, but there are still so many characters that have yet to get their own movie. In my mind, one of the most deserving characters is Doctor Strange, and it looks like Marvel is finally getting to work on it! In a recent interview with Collider, Kevin Feige was asked about whether or not they are actively working on the movie, and this was his answer...

Dr. Strange is something that I talk about often and it’s sort of next up for us to dig into and explore. Our executive producer of Iron Man 3, having done Captain America: The First Avenger and as that was finishing he started working on the bones that would become Iron Man 3, and now that he’s finished with Iron Man 3, he’s working on the bones that would become Doctor Strange. Now that Iron Man 3 is finished, some of our quote-unquote spare time is going to be devoted to trying to crack Strange.
    He's then asked when we would see Doctor Strange enter their Marvel movie universe, and this is what he said!

As we look past 2015, past Avengers 2 and Ant-Man, I think Dr. Strange should be one of the next movies in the years following that.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/5/4/...nge-movie.html
    http://collider.com/doctor-strange-m...e/#more-252696

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast