Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Guardians of the Galaxy (August 1st, 2014)

Spoiler: show
    Director: James Gunn
    Writers: James Gunn, Chris McCoy, & Nicole Perlman
    IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2015381/
    Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardia...axy_%28film%29

Synopsis:
    In the far reaches of space, an unlikely cast of characters including an American pilot and a group of futuristic ex-cons go on the run with a highly coveted object and must join forces to defeat a cosmic force of epic proportions.
    Cast:

Zoe Saldana - Gamora
    Bradley Cooper - Rocket Raccoon (voice)
    Vin Diesel - Groot (voice)
    Chris Pratt - Peter Quill / Star-Lord
    Karen Gillan - Nebula
    Michael Rooker - Yondu
    Lee Pace - Ronan the Accuser
    John C. Reilly - Rhomann Dey
    Benicio Del Toro - Taneleer Tivan / The Collector
    Djimon Hounsou - Korath the Pursuer
    Glenn Close - Nova Prime
    Dave Bautista - Drax the Destroyer
    Peter Serafinowicz - Nova Corps Officer
    Ophelia Lovibond
    Gregg Henry

Trailer:

Notes:
    - Begins filming in June, 2013.
    - incorrect original op:
    Spoiler: show
    http://geektyrant.com/storage/post-i...-691_0001.jpeg

According to Twitch Film Marvel Entertainment is moving forward with development on a feature film adaptation of Guardians of the Galaxy. Marvel president Kevin Feige actually mentioned the possibility of this movie last year saying, "I think Black Panther and Wakanda has some amazing potential to be a feature film. Doctor Strange, as you've mentioned. There are some obscure titles, too, like Guardians of the Galaxy. I think they've been revamped recently in a fun way in the book." The comic was created in 1969 and is set in the distant future, revolving around a group of alien beings who travel back in time to protect the earth from alien invasion.

It was recently announced that a script was turned into Marvel for Dr. Strange, and that they are actively looking for a director to take on the project. As for a film based off of Guardians of the Galaxy, it makes sense. It has the potential to be a big epic space sci-fi adventure, and it's a film I would love to see get made, so I hope it happens. What do you all think of the possibility of a Guardians of the Galaxy movie?

Here's a short little introduction to the comic:

Even the 31st Century needs heroes, and the call has been answered by the Guardians of the Galaxy, a team of superhuman and extraterrestrial adventurers dedicated to the safeguarding of the Milky Way Galaxy from any force that threatens the security or liberty of its various people.

The original members of the team include Major Vance Astro, an astronaut from the 20th century Earth who spends a thousand years traveling to Alpha Centauri in suspended animation. He is also the future-counterpart of the hero Vance Astrovik, now called Justice. Martinex T'Naga, a crystalline being from Pluto; Captain Charlie-27; a soldier from Jupiter, and Yondu Udonta, a blue-skinned "noble savage" from Beta Centauri IV comprise the original team.

Each is apparently the last of their kind and is forced to unite as a team against the actions of theBadoon, an alien race which attempts to conquer Earth's solar system. During the course of the war against the Badoon, the team recruit two more members - Starhawk and Nikki - and travel back in time and encounter several of the heroes of 20th century Earth, including Captain America, and the Thing.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/8/4/...axy-movie.html
    http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/08/b...xy-feature.php

aka the rest of the marvel characters from mvc3 movie. i hope for a warlock+thanos inf. gauntlet movie down the line

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd much rather see the more recent Guardians of the Galaxy with Rocket Raccoon, Star-Lord, Drax, Phyla-Vell, and GROOT

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From Latino Review
    They’ve been buying up domain names as we rapidly approach Comic Con, everyone knows Marvel is about to drop a movie-bomb on us and now, Latino Review knows what it is.

Usually good old Da7e is trotted out of his studding pasture to talk to you about comics he knows something about, this – however – is bit out of my league and, of course, out of THIS WORLD.

Marvel’s plan has been 2 superhero movies in their Unified Film Universe each year. Next year will bring us the new entries into the ‘Thor’ and ‘Iron Man’ and 2014 will bring us ‘Captain America 2′ and…

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.

The Marvel comics universe is called 616. Long story, just accept it. The Guardians of the Galaxy are a team of superheroes from the future of Universe 691. There, an evil alien race called the Badoom is trying to take over the universe. And then the Badoom create the Korvac, and… don’t worry, we have until 2014 to slowly educate ourselves on Guardians of the Galaxy.

The important thing is, at some point, the Guardians get all time-hoppy and jet back to the 20th century (yes, 20th. Probably the 21st in the movie universe) to meet with the Avengers and fight some aliens.

The Guardians have been made up of several third-tier Marvel characters in the past and a Volume 2 reboot that took place in 2008. I’m going to save myself a lot of copy-and-paste and link to the wikipedia list of Guardians here. You probably haven’t heard of most of them.

What else do we know about Guardians of the Galaxy?

- It will be announced as Marvel’s second 2014 movie at Comic Con
    - Thanos is in it.
    - It will “lead up to” The Avengers 2 in 2015.
    - ”THE SCRIPT IS INCREDIBLE”

So let’s parse some of that.

One: The end credits scene at the end of The Avengers was both a teaser for ‘Avengers 2′ AND ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’

Two: The Guardians being added to the Unified Universe means the theorhetical chronological order of Marvel Unified Movie Universe Phase 2 is: ‘Iron Man 3′ ‘Thor 2′ ‘Captain America 2′ ‘Guardians of the Galaxy.’ Hulk gets the shaft.

Three: If I were to point you in the direction of a comic to read to theorize what Guardians of the Galaxy would be about, I’d suggest you go buy The Thanos Imperative.

Four: Nova. Expect Nova. There’s got to be a reason that Nova keeps showing up in stuff like Disney’s Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel’s AvX. He’s not a Guardian per se, but he’s the most recognizable Marvel space character to the all-important “we’re young and buy toys” demographic.

Cool?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lol @ the 'Badoom'. I really hope they don't go the route of the Guardians from the future and stick with the latest incarnation of the team.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

this put my dick on long

yessssssssssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by quannum View Post
    aka the rest of the marvel characters from mvc3 movie. i hope for a warlock+thanos inf. gauntlet movie down the line
    lol ...so i just need warlock to be confirmed for either this or avengers 2

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

coincidentally, I've been trying to find Annihilation: Vol 1 Hardcover for a few weeks. Apparently, it's out of print and like $70+ used

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Variety posted this
    Marvel planning 'Guardians of the Galaxy' pic
    Time-traveling, interstellar group would launch in May 2014
    By Marc Graser
    'Guardians of the Galaxy'

'Guardians of the Galaxy'
    Marvel Studios is ready to assemble its next group of superheroes for the bigscreen: The Guardians of the Galaxy.

The Disney division is expected to announce a "Guardians" film as its next tentpole that would launch a new set of characters on May 16, 2014. Studio had previously planted a flag on that date for an untitled Marvel pic.

The Guardians are aliens in the 31st century -- each the last of their kind -- who travel back in time to enlist help to battle the Badoon, an evil alien race that attempts to conquer Earth's solar system. First introduced in 1969 and again in 2008, the newer set includes Star-Lord, Drax, gun-toting Rocket Raccoon and Groot, a tree. Characters were recently featured in an episode of the animated series "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes."

In the comicbooks, the characters have crossed over into the "The Avengers" universe, making them fit in easily with Marvel's bigscreen plans to expand the superhero franchise -- as would Ant-Man, another Avenger. And like its other Marvel properties, Disney can exploit the Guardians across all of the Mouse House's divisions as TV shows, videogames, consumer products and possibly theme park attractions.

Nicole Perlman, who came out of Disney's screenwriting program, penned a version of the script that Marvel has been high on.

While Marvel will focus much of its Comic-Con presentation on "Iron Man 3," lensing now in North Carolina under the direction of Shane Black, the company will spend some time highlighting how it plans to introduce new characters to auds the way it did with Iron Man, the Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America. Session wraps up Hollywood's film panels on July 14.

The website Latino Review first reported Marvel's plan to announce a Guardians pic at Comic-Con. Marvel declined to comment, although sources confirm to Variety that Disney and Marvel are zeroing in on the project, rather than a standalone Black Panther project at this point.

Marvel topper Kevin Feige has long discussed the possibility of a Guardians film, wanting to produce a big-budget space adventure. And Disney recently secured trademark rights to produce an array of consumer products tied to the pic and its characters.

Guardians of the Galaxy is among several new properties Marvel is looking to launch as films, along with Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, The Inhumans, while Black Panther also is being tackled by scribes. Edgar Wright recently shot test footage for "Ant-Man," about a scientist who can change his size and communicate with insects. Project, which he co-wrote with Joe Cornish, has long been in development and discussed at Comic-Con in previous years.

Marvel and Disney's next superhero outing is "Iron Man 3," skedded for May 3, 2013, to be followed by "Thor 2" (Nov. 15, 2013) and "Captain America 2 (April 4th, 2014). Disney already has said an "Avengers" sequel is in the works, most likely for 2015, although no date has yet been set.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Looks like Marvel is going to take a little bit more time to develop their new film project which was recently revealed as being Guardians of the Galaxy. They have moved the release date back from May 16th 2012 to August 1st, 2014.

Guardians of the Galaxy hasn't been officially announced yet by the studio, but it solidly looks like that will be the big movie, which is great! I don't see the point of trying to keep it a secret anymore. I imagine the official announcement will come at Comic-Con during Marvel Studios' Iron Man 3 panel which will kick take place on July 14, 6:00pm – 7:00pm, in Hall H. So stay tuned for more details!

The other Marvel movies being released are Iron Man 3 on May 3rd, 2013, Thor 2 on November 15th, 2013 and Captain America 2 on April 4th, 2014. It does make a little more sense to space out the release dates more a bit.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/7/3/...ease-date.html
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=62870

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

And it's officially announced during the IM3 panel.

Team consists of Rocket Raccoon, Starlord, Drax, Gamora, and Groot.

No Adam Warlock apparently despite the Avengers presence of Thanos.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Unf. Rocket Raccoon, character of the year when movie released?

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Absolutely

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Better rez

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dat Groot. Gonna be a bunch of kids dressed as trees and raccoons for Halloween.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gamora! The most dangerous woman in the universe!!!!

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Kind of disappointed they didn't go ahead and throw in Adam Warlock and Nova just so they could peg them into the Avengers storyline.

But still, 'dat racoon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast