+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Riots in London     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
    Thats what i'm waiting for......... how many people own guns in england? I'm waiting for a group of kids to try and break into the wrong persons house.
    That's what I said before lol. wait until they try to hit some ex-military guy's house and they get a face full of buckshot. Then you're really gonna have trouble.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon* View Post
    That's what I said before lol. wait until they try to hit some ex-military guy's house and they get a face full of buckshot. Then you're really gonna have trouble.
    or mauled by a giant dog lol

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

From the looks of it, most of the people wouldn't care as they have very little to live for in the first place.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
    Thats what i'm waiting for......... how many people own guns in england? I'm waiting for a group of kids to try and break into the wrong persons house.
    They have some of the tightest gun control in the world, so these people are basically at the rioters' mercy unless the police/military do something.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    From the looks of it, most of the people wouldn't care as they have very little to live for in the first place.
    Eh at least they're proving it by burning down their own towns. Fucking people like that deserve no quarter in my opinion and I'm sure the property owners feel the same way. Many of those owners I'm sure have spent years serving those communities well and have dealt with the same issues as the rioters and yet the only people who lose are the property/store owners. I'm actually kind of hoping some of those fuckers eat some lead because it's just fucking silly to harm people, especially those in your own neighborhood, who serve you day in and day out and give people jobs.

Banned.

BG Level

People riot because it makes them feel powerful, even if only for a night. People riot because they have spent their whole lives being told that they are good for nothing, and they realise that together they can do anything – literally, anything at all.
    Well surprise mother fuckers, you're still good for nothing. And for fuck sake that's a terrible excuse to be a scumbag.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

1.8 mil in england and wales
    thing is most gun owners are in rural areas

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Drex View Post
    They have some of the tightest gun control in the world, so these people are basically at the rioters' mercy unless the police/military do something.
    Wow that's lame as hell. These kids would get two put in them quick if they would try any of that shit in some parts here.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Wow that's lame as hell. These kids would get two put in them quick if they would try any of that shit in some parts here.
    Yea.....

This is a good example of why people should have the right to carry guns. I can safely assume that most of these looters knows nothing will shoot at them when they rob a place.

This reminds me of a women who sat outside her store with shotgun after Katrina hit, everything around her was plucked clean, she did not even have a window broken.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    This is a good example of why people should have the right to carry guns. I can safely assume that most of these looters knows nothing will shoot at them when they rob a place.

This reminds me of a women who sat outside her store with shotgun after Katrina hit, everything around her was plucked clean, she did not even have a window broken.
    Sounds good but what about times when your city isn't facing a crisis? If you've got a gun then so does every criminal walking the streets.

Better hope you're a good shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Even if he was innocent, it wouldn't justify the destruction. Makes no sense. It might make people link the riots to the killing and say 'race tensions blah blah implode'. But again, (posing this hypothetically, not to you/not singling you out or anything) how does that justify burning a carpet store down. Or stabbing a random police officer. Etc.
    I wasn't defending the riots even in the hypothetical situation of the guy being innocent. Just saying I could understand why they would be angry, but it makes no sense right now. The guy was a criminal and their is evidence that points to him resisting arrest.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

You would also now have armed rioters. Giving everyone guns is not exactly the one stop solution some people seem to think it is.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon* View Post
    You know what'll be awesome is when homeowners start shooting rioters trying to loot or burn their houses. I'm sure there's a bunch of ex-british armed forces waiting for someone to charge their home.
    Gun control in the UK is pretty strict. IIRC, they can have side-by-side and/or over-under shotguns, but everything else is heavily restricted to near non-existence.
    I was reading something about the 2012 Olympics that said that their competitive shooters aren't even allowed to train in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post

You know if people were against guns before I'm sure they'll start coming around now at least in those towns are argue for less strict control.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Rioters being shot and killed by other citizens would make this situation a hundred times better and more manageable. Fuck yeah American way of thinking.

I'm baffled that anyone thinks the solution to this kind of behaviour is less strict gun control.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    Rioters being shot and killed by other citizens would make this situation a hundred times better and more manageable. Fuck yeah American way of thinking.

I'm baffled that anyone thinks the solution to this kind of behaviour is less strict gun control.
    The only way to be safe is to kill rioters myself and proudly display the freshly slain corpse on my doorstep to ward off thugs.

THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

itt a bunch of dudes who jerk off to Death Wish 3 nightly

Quote Originally Posted by aru View Post
    Gun control in the UK is pretty strict. IIRC, they can have side-by-side and/or over-under shotguns, but everything else is heavily restricted to near non-existence.
    I was reading something about the 2012 Olympics that said that their competitive shooters aren't even allowed to train in the country.
    Shotguns like that are perfect for home defense and I'm sure people have them. With a completely inept police force I need to know I can defend myself effectively and some of those laws need to be a little more lax and even though it doesn't happen often this is the perfect example of why people should be entitled to them. I'm sure the store owners are gonna be the first to start arguing.

Well of course, people cannot depend on the police to protect them, how else are they going to protect there families and homes? With a baseball bat?

The reason this riot is on this scale and has continued this long is because they know that no one can do shit against so many dipshits. Not all neighborhoods and or towns can bring up enough people to rally protection for their area.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast