• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 103 143 151 152 153
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Why couldn't Russell Wilson be heisman like Cam Norton?
    Plainly, Wisconsin doesn't throw enough.

He's still looking at one of the top-2 QB seasons in history by passer rating though.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

What about QBR?

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

If Wisconsin had defended a couple hail marys, I have no idea what would've happened. Ball and Wilson both would've been Heisman finalists, both doing something all-time historic, and I don't know how that would've shook out.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's weird...this whole situation could be solved with a four team playoff like SEC commish Mike Slive asked for a few years ago...that idea was shot down...by the big 12. Circle of life, etc.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DAKPluto View Post
    Virginia Tech travels really well, that's why they got it.

And can somebody please tell me why the JS computer is still in the BCS formula? Who the hell is running this computer?

The JS computer ranking:

LSU
    Alabama
    Oklahoma State
    Arkansas
    Kansas State
    Oklahoma
    Baylor
    South Carolina
    Oregon
    Stanford

Stanford 10th?!? really? SEC/Big 12 bias much in that system? Has Texas and Auburn 13th and 14th, lol.
    Honestly swap bama for osu and get ou the fuck out of there and it's pretty legit.

I mean, take Texas, for example. They lost to 4 teams with 9+ wins each.

The one other team they lost to is 7-5... 4 of those 5 losses are to those same 9/10/11 win teams, the last one was overtime at ASU in the 2nd game of the season.

I mean yeah, you look at all these teams with 5 and 6 losses in the big 12, it looks kind of bad.

Then you notice that behind OU, from 4-9 in the big 12, every team has 5-7 losses. Out of those combined 29 losses... 2 are out of conference.

Two. One by 4 points to a top 10 team (A&M, our 7th place vs Arkansas, the SEC's 3rd place). The other on the road in overtime.

Literally at least half the teams in the Big 12 could have run away with the ACC or Big East title, and a bunch could have won the big 10, and most would have done better than they did in the big 12 in literally any other conference including the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by DAKPluto View Post
    I think the Harris and Coach's poll should be held to the same thing as the BCS, no poll until week 8. I think Preseason polls have way too much outcome on the season.
    It's actually kind of ironic, because while it may seem like it was the early polls, what really mattered is who lost the earliest.

Bama lost the earliest, so OSU's (and Stanford's for that matter) losses punished them more because they didn't have time to climb back. Hell, just look at OSU's being behind stanford and vatech last week, there's no way in hell that happens if the Iowa State loss was week 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Yeah, I just didn't think he would make it with the marijuana suspension.

We would still be co-champs at least
    If anyone cares to make a wager... if the NC is ugly and OSU blows out stanford, it doesn't matter who wins the NC, OSU will split the title.

Of course if LSU dominates, they'll probably get it alone. If Bama dominates, they'll split with OSU if OSU dominates as well.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I don't think it could be split unless Bama wins ugly and OSU dominates. Any other scenario resulting in a split would completely invalidate the reason for a championship game.

This is probably me being a dumb football fan but is it actually even possible to split the title like that with a NCG set like that? Has it happened before in a similar scenario?

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    This is probably me being a dumb football fan but is it actually even possible to split the title like that with a NCG set like that? Has it happened before in a similar scenario?
    3 times? since the bcs started

usc in 2003, auburn that one year, and I wanna say 07 michigan? can't remember for sure

but yes, the AP can crown whoever they want, only the coaches are obligated to vote the bcs winner #1

also, the reason for a championship game is already pretty much invalidated when you intentionally set up a rematch with a team whose biggest accomplishment is the previous loss

It is when nobody else has a better claim. LSU is the only undefeated, and Alabama has the least embarrassing loss.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    3 times? since the bcs started

usc in 2003, auburn that one year, and I wanna say 07 michigan? can't remember for sure

but yes, the AP can crown whoever they want, only the coaches are obligated to vote the bcs winner #1
    USC/LSU split is the only one I remember. I'm pretty sure I would've heard if awbarn was awarded a share of a title, though they got some title from that year after USC got stripped.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Auburn never officially got a share of the title the year they went 13-0. They just claim it, lol.

and I don't remember Michigan getting a share.. isn't that the year they got beat by USC?

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah the only one I know for sure actually got the AP title was USC

there's like 20 different places that give out nc's tho lol

it has definitely happened before with the AP, and like I said if bama/lsu is ugly and osu stomps stanford I won't be surprised at all if it happens again, though it's pretty highly unlikely if lsu wins

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Well yes.. the AP poll having shared national titles has happened before in the past, but I believe in the BCS era, it's only been with the USC/LSU thing. and we're talking solely BCS/AP here.. nothing else, like whoever gave Auburn their "Championship" lol

I'm not like Bama fans who will claim 43 National Titles or whatever =p I'm fine with what we've got.