• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 153 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Can't believe the Badgers opener is in 6 days. So stoked.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Can't believe the Badgers opener is in 6 days. So stoked.
    And only 15 days until the Badgers rush for 500 yards on Oregon State!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    And only 15 days until the Badgers rush for 500 yards on Oregon State!
    Now that we have a running QB, I wanna have a game where we have 4 rushers for 100+ yards. Shit would be tight.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Now that we have a running QB, I wanna have a game where we have 4 rushers for 100+ yards. Shit would be tight.
    I read somewhere that Wisconsin's O-line outweighs Oregon State's D-line by an average of about 50 points each, and that was before the Beavers lost their best returning D-lineman to injury. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Beavers give up 400+ yards rushing. The Beavs' offense is dynamic enough that I don't expect Wisconsin to be able to completely pull away early enough to get four guys with 100+ yards, but it wouldn't surprise me to see a blowout. I'm going to predict something along the lines of 52-24, although the Beavers keep it within ten until the mid-to-late third quarter.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I read somewhere that Wisconsin's O-line outweighs Oregon State's D-line by an average of about 50 points each
    p much the case vs. every team we play.

You don't see too many 320 lb. nose tackles in college.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Ok, going to edumacate everybody on this whole situation because I feel like it.

First, the damage has already been done. This whole situation make the program and school look bad. It makes the people involved look bad. There really aren't any possible outcomes that can undo this.

Jordan Jefferson and Josh Johns(and to a lesser extent Chris Davenport and Jarvis Landry) are accused of beating a dude's ass outside of one of our popular bars.

The current story that the police are following and I guess "believe" is as follows:

Dude tries to leave Shady's parking lot. Crowd is in the way, so he blows his horn. LSU player(I think they accused Davenport?) opens driver door and drags him onto ground. While they beat up this dude, a white knight(Andrew Lowery) comes to his rescue, somehow pushes him back into the car, and then has his ass beat on the ground. Jefferson is accused of kicking the dude in the face on the ground.

So Jefferson and Josh Johns were arrested and posted bail but are suspended indefinitely.

Now, when I originally heard the story I thought, "Wooooow what fucking idiots."

Then I talked to some people who were there.

I work with a chick that is good friends with Jefferson and was there with him that night. She said they were sitting on a car next to each other watching the shit go down. She said he kept saying how dumb they all were, as it was all freshman and scrub backups getting involved in the fight.

Another chick I work with who is friends with a few football players who were there, said the same thing, that he was not involved in the fight at all.

Note that I am only mentioning Jefferson because he is the only one whose suspension will really impact the team. What is funny is that it might be a blessing that he is suspended because the dude has simply never been a good QB. Sure he looked good at the Manning camp, but who cares. I do feel sorry for the guy though(as much of an arrogant jerk that he is) because I don't think he was guilty of this crime. And his name is being completely dragged through the mud with this.

A few other things that speak to the "victim's" credibility:
    -Almost all eyewitnesses(including Shady's bouncers/bartenders) have corroborated that he(Andrew Lowery) threw the first punch, landing it on Landry(I think) before being thrown out.
    -This dude was just charged with stalking his ex-gf and hitting her friend literally hours before the fight. The ex filed a petition for protection the Wednesday after the fight.

Longest post ever, I know.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did any of your friends give witness statements to the police?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That actually got me thinking if I would give a statement against a Purdue key player if I saw a similar situation. I'm thinking I would just not say anything if I felt the victim instigated the fight. I would likely say something if I felt the victim did nothing to deserve it. I'd never even think about telling something to the police that was false though.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The loss of Jefferson will be a very minimal loss anyway. Jarrett Lee is a side grade.

GATTACA!

BG Level

No. I don't know if the football player friends of my friend were interviewed.

The BR police are terrible. They keep complaining that all of the eyewitnesses are biased. Yeah, no shit.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Octorok View Post
    The loss of Jefferson will be a very minimal loss anyway. Jarrett Lee is a side grade.
    And Mett might already be an upgrade.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

A friend of the starting QB says he didn't do anything.....where is the bias in that?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    A friend of the starting QB says he didn't do anything.....where is the bias in that?
    It's the BRPD's job to sort through the bias and get the real facts, but they and the media are crucifying JJ pretty hard right now.

BG Level

Yeah, I'm sure there is no evidence that he was involved and they arrested him and charged him for no reason whatsoever.

Probably because they like lawsuits.

GATTACA!

BG Level

He was present during the fight. I even heard he was in the middle trying to break it up at one point. People know what he looks like.

It is impossible not to come off as a homer while defending your team's starting QB who is accused of kicking a guy on the ground in the face. Just consider that I don't like him personally and don't think it will really effect the football team if he can't play. But EVERYTHING I have heard from anyone who was at the bar/fight or who knew people at the bar/fight say he was NOT involved in the fight. So I think the situation is really fucked up.

The sensationalism when they keep saying "Oh, and the guy is a marine too!" when the dude literally just enlisted to keep himself out of trouble is also dumb.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    He was present during the fight. I even heard he was in the middle trying to break it up at one point....But EVERYTHING I have heard from anyone who was at the bar/fight or who knew people at the bar/fight say he was NOT involved in the fight.
    buhhhh

GATTACA!

BG Level

really going to turn this into a semantics debate? fine, he was "involved." but again, according to people there, he didn't fight anyone or kick anyone in the face.

Demosthenes11

well, just on the surface, you went from saying he was sitting on a truck saying what idiots the people in the fight were to being right in the middle of it all trying to break it up. That's already 2 different stories. Imagine what the police are dealing with

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    well, just on the surface, you went from saying he was sitting on a truck saying what idiots the people in the fight were to being right in the middle of it all trying to break it up. That's already 2 different stories. Imagine what the police are dealing with
    Yeah, I realize that. I was pretty drunk when I made that long post last night. There are just so many stories contradicting each other and no real evidence that I know of to this point. We have the victim and an eyewitness saying Jefferson kicked the dude on the ground, which I believe was the grounds for the arrest warrant.

It wasn't really necessary to make such a long post. I just feel bad for the dude because I believe he is innocent. That's all I really needed to say.

edit: concerning the evidence - the police searched Jefferson's apartment and seized a bunch of his shoes to see if any matched an imprint on one of the dude's shirts.

GATTACA!

BG Level

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 153 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast