1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 39 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

How to take screenshots on a laptop?

I have no scroll lock key. I can't find any control that allows me to change to a different keyboard set up, or designate another key to it.

Any help appreciated.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I had a similar problem with my keyboard, but it turned out that it did have a Scroll Lock key. It was just an alternate function tossed on my pause key because all it showed was the Scroll Lock icon... which almost no one is familiar with.

I can't find a very good image of it, but it's a square with a downward-facing arrow inside of it, usually pointing down to a horizontal line. Something like this.

I would have to assume that even laptops' compact keyboards are "required" to have all of these keys somewhere on it. Mine is not even compact and I never knew I had it at all.

I have the icon on my regular keyboard, so I know what you mean. I haven't found it anywhere on the laptop.

Spoiler: show

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Bummertown... I have read that some similarly "missing" scroll lock keys on other laptops are actually thrown into something stupid like Function + C and are not labelled at all. Your best bet is probably to search the exact laptop make/model for any hidden scroll lock command.

I have also heard that some people have had to use external keyboards though... ;/

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Rexxar

Running XIV through Steam has been the most elegant solution I've thought of for this. (I have a laptop-like keyboard too.)

And since the screenshot upload window pops up by default after you close the game, you can upload screenshots to your steam cloud right after logging out too.

edit: default Steam screenshot key is F12, but you can remap that to your purposes in case you're using it in-game.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Or you just use an external program for screenshots. Also has the advantage that you can take screens of the chat log ^^
    IrfanView for instance has a screenshot function (options-> capture/screenshot...)