+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Same here. When I'd have to exit Firefox and restart with all of my tabs intact, it would take forever for the whole thing to load (and freeze a few times, depending on what I had open). The fact that tabs no longer load until I click to them has made my life a lot better.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

32 tabs, closed FF, started again, "don't load until selected" is active, but still a memory usage of 330-350MB right on startup with only a single tab really loaded.

Maybe I should really start a fresh profile at some point... Have been dragging this one along for years, maybe it's just filled with tons of crap...

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I suppose that now depends on the number of addons you got?

Anyway, just tried myself, 15 tabs, closed page, came back on this one, 112mb and then grew to a steady 120mb

I use, to break it down:
    Extensions: FlashBlock, NoScript, IDS_NAME_SS (some work authentication thing I think, dunno when it got there)

Plugins: Citrix, Google Update (why the fuck is this here I'll never know), 2x Microsoft Office 2010 plugins, PhotoGallery (don't even know what this is), ShockWave Flash, Silverlight (lol), Symantec PKI Client

I'll check my home one when I get home (40 tabs there I'm sure, or even more).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Could be, have slightly *irony* more addons ^^;
    Adblock Edge, Add bookmark here ², Classic theme restorer, Cookie Monster, Firebug, Greasemonkey, NoScript, savefrom.net helper, stylish, Tab mix plus, TooManyTabs
    Plugins: Foxit reader, Flash, VLC
    Will try around a bit, maybe i'll find what causes all that RAM usage...

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My only real major complaint so far is that they got rid of double-clicking the empty tab area to open a new tab.

Anyone know of a way to make all inactive tabs display by default as if you were hovering over them? In the screenshot below, the 4th tab is active, while I've got my cursor hovered over the 3rd tab. I would like to make it so that all inactive tabs (1, 2 and 3, in my example) always appear as if they are being hovered over.

I'm sure there's a way to do by editing UserChrome.css, but I'm really not any good at doing so myself.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Welp, I never liked the look/feel of chrome, and this really started to bug me, so I got Classic Theme Restorer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...hatsbetter.jpg

Isn't EXACTLY how it was but close enough, tho if anyone else has any ideas for more tweaks say so.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Mabubeezareel View Post
    My only real major complaint so far is that they got rid of double-clicking the empty tab area to open a new tab.
    Could try with Tab mix plus, it lets you set your own commands for mouse clicks on tabs/the tab bar. Though it could also be because they merged the tab bar with the window header by default, when I try to double-click it the window just goes into full size mode.
    TMP also lets you tinker with the color of the tabs (well, except for hover...), but maybe that's already enough to achieve what you want.
    Classic Theme restorer also has options for setting tab colors (including hover), so mayby also worth a try.

Eliz, what is it that you want changed? xD

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

51 tabs, same settings/addon as work PC pretty much, 220mb stable with only this page open.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Could try with Tab mix plus, it lets you set your own commands for mouse clicks on tabs/the tab bar. Though it could also be because they merged the tab bar with the window header by default, when I try to double-click it the window just goes into full size mode.
    TMP also lets you tinker with the color of the tabs (well, except for hover...), but maybe that's already enough to achieve what you want.
    Classic Theme restorer also has options for setting tab colors (including hover), so mayby also worth a try.

Eliz, what is it that you want changed? xD
    TMP got my double-click working again, so thanks for that. Still digging through the options to see what I can do with the inactive tabs......

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    Welp, I never liked the look/feel of chrome, and this really started to bug me, so I got Classic Theme Restorer.

Isn't EXACTLY how it was but close enough, tho if anyone else has any ideas for more tweaks say so.
    Can't stand this new update, I was using Classic Toolbar Buttons, but that no longer works.... might try this if that's the best we can do lol

Decided to try out this Palemoon thing. The open sourced Firefox. Supposed to work with all the add-ons, or most of them if you upgrade to 64bit. Has noscript and adblock, so that's good enough for me. Shit is snappy, so far, no complaints!

It's funny how so many popular internet platforms have failed hard in the past month lol "Improvements" to Twitter, Spotify, and now Firefox. "We've dumbed-down everything, you thank our team of engineers who are smarter than you."

Loving the feedback threads coming from this terrible copy-pasta design. Great news highlighted in bold.

> It's easy to see what tab you're currently visiting
    > and the other tabs fade into the background to be
    > less of a distraction when you're not using them.

I swear, if I ever meet a guy in a bar and he says he's on the UX team at Mozilla, I'm going to punch him in the dick as hard as I can. Now that all the background tabs are a mushy mass of grey, it is HARDER to tell them apart and jump to the one you want next. WHY DO YOU THINK TABS EXIST?!?!?

"when you're not using them" -- do you know what constitutes USING tabs? FINDING THEM AND CLICKING ON THEM.

Gee assholes, why don't you just put all my tabs behind that bullshit menu icon in the top right? That's be SUPER clean and easy-to-use! Out of sight, but right there when you need them! >

If I wanted to know the title of the page I'M LOOKING AT RIGHT NOW -- not usually needed because I'M LOOKING AT IT RIGHT NOW -- I can glance at the title bar OH WHOOPS WAIT THAT'S FUCKING GONE TOO. Fucking retards.

Yes, I got the fucking extension to un-fuck-up the theme, [mozilla.org] but I shouldn't have to do this all the time.

Now, if they actually FIXED the sync, so you can just log in and not jump through the bullshit hoops of having a DIFFERENT instance of it open so you can type in the stupid PIN (WTF are you supposed to do if you want to sync two non-portable computers in different places?), *THAT* will be some progress.

For everything else, click here and tell them how much they suck. [mozilla.org]

And finally, a note to ALL browser makers: "View" -> "Source" should be a top-level menu, not buried behind some "developer tools" bullshit. FF, Safari, Chrome -- you're all guilty. "View source" is what made the web great. It SHOULD be easy to get at.

So, the new FF finally implemented a more userfriendly sync functionality. Apparently less than 1% of its users was using the old (but very secure system). The new sync system is (unsurprisingly) similar to Chrome's sync system: you create an account, when you log in your info is encrypted based on your account password and uploaded to Mozilla's servers.

What I cannot get my head around is that Mozilla claims they cannot access your data (as they don't know your password) but that they are able to reset a lost password... how can that be a secure system??

Also, in the new version it's no longer possible to use a master password... if you want to use sync all your password will be in plaintext (well, obfuscated) in FF's password file. Any malicious or vulnerable application can get access to ALL your passwords. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=995268

Doesn't sound like an improvement to me...
    The developers could not sleep because you changed the defaults and the great UI they designed.
    Now they can sleep well without nightmares of users configuring the software to their needs.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Good thing i stopped using sync :D

Anyway I'm happy with how I fixed it, no complaints. It's stupid you have to use a addon or two to fix it though.

Also what I need to do is see if there's anything I can change to get it closer to the last version (which I didn't mind so much). Ugh Firefox, stick to what works, if you had to change the interface, stick to doing it on Android Firefox only please.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post

Haven't tried classic theme restorer but thanks for the recommendation. Some of the other stuff I use on my firefox are Scrollbar hidden / hide scrollbars totally which requires Stylish. Also the last bookmark on my toolbar "Fit" is to make big ass images fit the current window size. It's a bookmarklet that can be found here.

IMAGE:
    Spoiler: show

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm still running 26.0 right now. I use the UPDATE FIREFOX PRZU bullshit to make a pseudo auto hide taskbar that never auto hides. Because if you fullscreen firefox with a taskbar on youtube you don't get the large video player, but if you make the taskbar auto-hide or don't have a taskbar it becomes the large player. This is mostly a youtube being bullshit and doing equally stupid UI changes though, not firefox's fault.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Is there anyway to easily rollback an update? My firefox just auto-updated itself without asking me and now it looks like shit.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Is there anyway to easily rollback an update? My firefox just auto-updated itself without asking me and now it looks like shit.
    Download and install the old version. I'd recommend using classic theme restorer though and just using the new version. You can pretty much get it to look exactly the way it used to without much effort.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

It's shitty to have to redo the way I had everything setup thou. It reset all of my bars and buttons (also removed some of the buttons I had and added ones I didn't) for no good reason. I can't remember any previous firefox updates fucking with my UI like that.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, it is, but using an old version forever isn't a good solution.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Long as it doesn't delete my bookmarks, I can deal with it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag