+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post

Any more questions?
    Yes, why are you more comfortable with "partnerships with other search engines like Yandex, Yahoo!, Bing, Wolfram Alpha[5] and Yummly.[6]" having your data instead of just google?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, been a while since I said anything or anyone's updated this. Well, Firefox 38.0.1 now..

This doesn't seem like a major release. Here's the changes. Don't like DRM but it seems to run just fine, but then I don't have a lot of addons.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay, Firefox 43 out. For those that liked the old search bar..Be warned. You will have to install Classic Theme Restorer; they removed the old search bar format for this version. Yuck!

Luckily Classic Theme Restorer has a option that'll let you restore it. Other than that, here's the update notes.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Did they change something with the default fonts?
    Everything, BG, Google, Reddit, etc, looks off.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Looks the same here on Win8.1.

For the 'revised' awesomebar, two things I had to turn off in Firefox 43 in about:config were browser.urlbar.unifiedcomplete & keyword.enabled to false. The new behavior was annoying the crap out of me.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Another thing that changed is that they now force-disable unsigned add-ons. Noticed because of new xkit.
    You have to set xpinstall.signatures.required back to "false" to get the previous behavior back that it just warns about unsigned but still allows it.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I updated to 44.0 and now Firefox is not working. When I open it it will say "looking up www." in the bottom left hand corner and it will just stay like that now matter how long you wait. I tried looking up the problem but I can't find anything about it. Using Chrome right now. Has anyone else been having this problem?

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I finally gave up on Firefox and switched to Pale Moon back when they did the ads-on-new-tab page. I mean, I know they backpedaled, but the terrible design decisions of the last year were enough of a motivator on their own.

Haven't looked back.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    I finally gave up on Firefox and switched to Pale Moon back when they did the ads-on-new-tab page. I mean, I know they backpedaled, but the terrible design decisions of the last year were enough of a motivator on their own.

Haven't looked back.
    That's funny. I've been using Pale Moon for years and just swapped back to FF today.

Pale Moon was just failing too hard for me in the end. Would memory leak big time and half the time, it wouldn't play facebook videos correctly. Would always have to close down the browser and reopen it to get them to work 5 mins and if I wanted to watch another one later, it'd do the same thing, so I finally just said fuck it and went back to FF

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Would you happen to know if you were using the 64 bit version? I heard that one was less stable than the 32 bit one.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I was.

that may have been it, but I'll prob just stick w/ FF until I need to otherwise (and then may go back to 32 bit PM if needed and try that out)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I guess it'll be v45 but FF is removing tab groups soon if anyone uses them. Going to have to get an addon to handle it.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Gonna bump this Firefox themed thread instead of making a new one! I've been having an odd issue that only started like a week ago or so, but basically every so often when I type in a new url or just use the url bar (or the search bar beside it too) to go to a new website or search for whatever, my FF browser will start to load whatever I typed in but the page itself won't change at all and stay on the website I'm currently on. I typically have to hit enter again on the bar or refresh for the screen to actually load up whatever I'm looking up.

It's not a major issue by any means but it's just tedious as fuck. Anyone know why this is happening? Or anyone know of a fix? I tried to google a solution but my search keywords are either too ambiguous to find what I'm looking for or.. too long and convoluted to find what I'm looking for lol

Edit: Seems I found the source of the problem, it's javascript that's causing the issue. Just need to figure out how to fix it now +_+

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Gonna bump this Firefox themed thread instead of making a new one! I've been having an odd issue that only started like a week ago or so, but basically every so often when I type in a new url or just use the url bar (or the search bar beside it too) to go to a new website or search for whatever, my FF browser will start to load whatever I typed in but the page itself won't change at all and stay on the website I'm currently on. I typically have to hit enter again on the bar or refresh for the screen to actually load up whatever I'm looking up.

It's not a major issue by any means but it's just tedious as fuck. Anyone know why this is happening? Or anyone know of a fix? I tried to google a solution but my search keywords are either too ambiguous to find what I'm looking for or.. too long and convoluted to find what I'm looking for lol

Edit: Seems I found the source of the problem, it's javascript that's causing the issue. Just need to figure out how to fix it now +_+
    If you figure it out, share? I started experiencing that as well, but so rare I didn't think much about it

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

When I first started noticing it happening, I wasn't really keeping track of what site the hangup would occur on. So today when I posted this and started getting really specific and anal about it, I noticed that it ALWAYS happened when I would try to leave twitter for some other site, regardless of what site it was. When I turned off javascript.enabled in the about:config options, it immediately fixed the problem with twitter... it actually made twitter load way faster too >_>. But that being said, turning off Javascript made a few other pages I frequent not work at all so it wasn't a viable option.

So yeah, I dunno if there is a fix or not, or if I just have to wait it out until twitter changes up their web UI again. I tried noscript but that stripped EVERYTHING away and I just didn't have the patience to adjust all the little noscript details.

Edit: Upon messing around with javascript.enabled again, it made twitter load super fast but actually prevented twitter from loading more of the feed other then like the 5 most recent tweets from people I follow. So yeah, based on what little information I've gathered, my hypothesis is that the constant loading of older tweets is somehow to blame, but that's just a big guess and I'm far from tech savvy enough to know how to fix it.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

humm, peculiar. I have gotten a few messages about slow loading scripts on other sides (like facebook) as well.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It wouldn't surprise me if facebook causes the same issue, with them having a similar "constantly loading new stuff into the feed" setup. I just wouldn't have experienced it myself as I don't really use facebook anymore :3

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The downside to everyone else still using facebook, stuck there to keep up to date.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You'll need to setup your whitelist in noscript to really get any benefit, though it's entirely up to you if you care. You could just use ublock origin's medium blocking mode https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wi...e:-medium-mode to also target sites loading crap if you'd rather not buildout a noscript whitelist. It's similar in approach but it's based on blocklists instead of flat whitelisting. There's probably some script on whatever website you're on that is trying to catch you moving away from the site and load you up with more shit, unless it happens for all sites (could also be a shitty hidden addon/extension in your browser).

I have noticed though that v3.11 of greasemonkey breaks loading pictures to some degree. Opening a pic in a new tab will just not load anything until it is disabled/turned off, so probably use tamperkonkey or something else. I was on the previous ESR release, esr 45, so it was pretty funny when it decided to upgrade to the newest esr. Broke a few addons, lost my custom ublock filter settings, etc, but at least most devs fixed their crap.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Prepare for AGGGH. Firefox 57 out, and they've broken all legacy extensions, INCLUDING Noscript. Noscript though should have a new version by the end of the week that will work. I feel so darned naked without Noscript; good thing I went to Ublock Origin in prep, and I'm also using Tampermonkey, which I switched from Greasemonkey in prep for this.

If ya are mad b/c you liked Classic Theme Restorer, the author made a CSS based version which will at least help with appearances. It will not restore everything, like the old extension but it helps. ^^

Also if anyone besides me is on it, I'd really like to know what's the useful extensions atm other than Tampermonkey and Ublock Origin. ^^

[edit] Here's one I like. I don't have much of a theme though, there's another on there that's similar that might work better with themes. Also, WHY did they break Add to Search Bar? I loved that extension; I hope someone writes a replacement.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag