She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Noscript just came out with another version. This mostly fixed the UI; it's not so yuuuge anymore on desktop versions. I'd say smaller looks better.

Now if he'd only make it a little less clunky..Well, here's to hoping.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I skimmed over the NS forums and a few people made it sound like the original UI would be returning in a later version of Firefox, but that it isn't possible right now. Doubtful as I am that'll happen as webex seems to be the future, I'm sticking to ESR until whenever because I couldn't even get a fucking Wiki to work with the new one and I spent way too much time trying. One of those things to revisit in a few months-a year.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

What is esr?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Extended support release, basically a release that's supported for another year that was prior to quantum. So everything works as it used to and noscript isn't funky.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo...ations/all/?q=

Puts you back on 52.5.2.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just be aware that any plugin that is made for or updated to 57 will not work for 52 (and vice versa), so you'll have to install older versions of those plugins from their version listings. Case in point, my previous post about getting the older noscript for 52: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...#version-5.1.7 . Once dev has settled down it'll probably be in a decent spot.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yet another version of Noscript. This time they have added a temp trusted button to it instead of the old double click the clock. Unfortunately, this made default harder to change. And you SHOULD change it so it won't let so much though.

This tho is a baby step in making the UI less confusing though.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I guess i'm the only one posting here atm. But yeah, yet another noscript version.

He's moved the customization to the Options menu, and finally made that easy to do (click on the tabs). I think it's finally beginning to shape up. Now if we'd get the rest of the old features, it'd be great.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Before the holiday I had to downgrade my Firefox at work because it was so full of memory leaks & fucking unstable that it would hang every 5-20 minutes. And that's without NoScript installed (when it was, the browser would hang the moment I opened anything with embedded FB code or video). I'm using it at home still tho with the most recent version of NoScript, and it's mostly okay of the time but it still hangs from time to time.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I went back to Quantum, and NS is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was before so far.

I couldn't handle how shitty ESR was performing on my machine. Not sure why but it had degraded significantly over time as legacy plugins and addons kept pushing updates. Oh well, Quantum is great so far and I do hope NS continues to work it out. Least it's usable to me now.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Firefox 58 is out. What's new.

Doesn't seem like a lot of changes tho I had to update CustomCSSforFX realfast. Didn't take long. At least I have Firefox looking the way I want it!

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    I went back to Quantum, and NS is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was before so far.

I couldn't handle how shitty ESR was performing on my machine. Not sure why but it had degraded significantly over time as legacy plugins and addons kept pushing updates. Oh well, Quantum is great so far and I do hope NS continues to work it out. Least it's usable to me now.
    I'm just going to have to switch to Quantum now. FF esr is being real clunky for me too.

BG Level

Installed Firefox Quantum today. Holy frijoles is it fast! When I tried it before it didn't seem this fast. I did a completely clean install maybe that has something to do with it.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I’m starting to see ads on YouTube. Ugh. May need to install quantum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Level

Doooo it! Quantum is da bomb now.

BG Level

I have noticed that the longer I am on the internet with FF now the more memory I start to use. I was shopping the other day and all of a sudden I got a windows warning that I was about to exceed amount of avaliable memory. That's never happen to me before. O.o I have to exit Quantum then it goes back to normal.

BG Level

I have FF set to delete everything at exit. Cookies, history, etc and I have my add ons to block trackers and local storage. When I run another program to clean my system right after I close FF it still says I have 30+ trackers. Does it still not get everything? Any ideas?

Banned.

BG Level

why should upgrade for new build

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

That is a weird 1st post, but it's actually a very good question this time. Build 60 introduces proper GPO support (or so they say anyway, I haven't tested it yet). Hallelujah!

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. When I said a while ago that I had the classic searchbar back, I only had half of it (and was annoyed). But I was resigned to having the look of the old searchbar only and not having it the way I really prefer.

With the latest version of CustomCSSforFX, he finally found a way to bring it FULLY back. I'm happy now, tho I understand I may one day lose it again due to them removing XBL (No timetable on that..). Long live the classic look to Firefox, while being Quantum!

[Edit] Here's my Firefox now. Whoo hoo!

BG Level

Firefox 60 just broke my internet. On every website it says, "The owner of "X" has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website." It even does this on Modzilla. Using Chrome right now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag